FSS in VR: no moons orbital lines and no zoom transitions

LOL, I've just discovered how cool FSS is in normal game and how it sucks in VR....
A part from the zooming transitions that do not exist in VR, I've found out that there is no moons orbital lines in VR, while they are there when I switch off the HMD....

See below the same image with and with- VR:

CzrD80c.png

1JIqJQn.png

If you have the same please contribute to my bug report:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...08#post7471208

Last edited:
Tip top!

I'll add my 2 pence in the morrow.

You might also want to copy and paste this in the VR forum. Or ask a kind moderator to move this one?

I only VR so had no idea of what I was missing!!!

Last edited:
I noticed that too when I decided to participate in DW2 and spent 2-3 hours exploring without my VR headset. When I saw the orbit lines for the first time, the relationship between individual moons and other objects became clear. Without the orbit lines, objects are isolated and there's no way to evaluate how they fit into the larger picture.

Orbit lines in FSS mode really help place objects into context.

Me too! I discovered this just by case!

Same here. I only play Elite in VR. I had no idea.

I don't think we should complain because I'm just thankful that ED supports VR. We're just a tiny minority of enthusiasts.

The FSS is generally a terrible UI design in or out of VR. It should just be a panel with a list of signals. I can't imagine a future system requiring you to tune manually like some old radio. Adding some orbit lines would just make it a little less awful.

Last edited:
I agree with you all, the zooming transiction effect is nice but the lack of orbit lines is the major issue. They add context to all scanned objects, without these, the moons are only simple dots in space.

Please add a simple reply to my bug report, just write "same here", so we can get more attention from FDEV!

Last edited:
Tip top!

I'll add my 2 pence in the morrow.

You might also want to copy and paste this in the VR forum. Or ask a kind moderator to move this one?

I only VR so had no idea of what I was missing!!!

lol ditto!. i thought it was poorly thought out, but never occued to me it was broken! it makes much more sense with the lines!

I really hope the lack of zoom transitions is an intentional design choice. I have strong VR legs, but their inclusion would be nauseating.

Last edited:
I really hope the lack of zoom transitions is an intentional design choice. I have strong VR legs, but their inclusion would be nauseating.

Well I'm not so bothered with that missing. I think it would be nice imho but not really necessary.
Instead I really hope that the orbit lines will be fixed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom