Newcomer / Intro Fighter Club, the fighting club for every skill level

Drag missiles should be fun. Frag turrets on fire at will could be interesting too but we'd have to get quite close before they trigger. I'd suggest we make it a rule that you have to keep your hardpoints deployed as otherwise the leader can get a little speed advantage to stay ahead.

We wondered if it could be done.
Soooo
We did it.
We organised the ARRC
"Billion credits in a day Wing Missions Challenge"

Lallasro the heroic organiser & co-ordinator of this event
Lallas_ONEBILLION.jpg

Donnie Quix
# Profit and Loss - 24 hour billionairre challenge
Revenues
Wing missions completed: 1,181,516,290.00 Cr
Own missions completed: 77,882,160.00 Cr
Goods sold: 10,384,574.00 Cr
Wing trade voucher: 8,917.00 Cr
Total revenue: 1,269,791,941.00 Cr
Expenses
Goods purchased: (100,975,976.00) Cr
Heatsinks: (350.00) Cr
Fuel: (12,117.00) Cr
Legal Fees: (4,350.00) Cr
Repairs: (321,915.00) Cr
Total expense: (101,314,708.00) Cr
Total profit: 1,168,477,233.00 Cr

Charlie H Alpha

Charlie_H_Alpha_before.bmp

Charlie_H_Alpha_after.bmp

Dharrch Streynjer

Dharrch_Streynjer_before.png

Dharrch_Streynjer_after.bmp

Congratulations to all involved. Especially to Cmndr Lallasro!

o7

It might be a little too late for everyone to get engineered Eagles for this Wednesday coming, but this is my suped-up Eagle. Tell me what you think

unknown.png

Legal fees and repairs bills made me laugh.
So, not without a hiccup... :D

Hiccups were not unexpected in a shieldless Type-9 :). Repair bills were from not being all that patient when docking. Legal fees were mostly from forgetting to request docking permission, one fine for pad loitering that I don't even remember getting, and a few for flying too fast when ramming NPCs out of the way in stations.

It might be a little too late for everyone to get engineered Eagles for this Wednesday coming, but this is my suped-up Eagle. Tell me what you think

Tod McQuinn or Zaharia Nemo for the frag cannon, Liz Ryder or Juri Ishmaak for the missiles. I have three of those unlocked so it should be possible to get this by Wednesday evening.

As for the build, I like the idea of a fire at will frag turret but I'm happy to go with fixed. And I wonder if we should get point defence or ecm so we have a decent chance of escaping the missiles? But lets try without first and see how it goes.

dayrth

Volunteer Moderator
I have Lyz unlocked now as well so can get a drag missile or frag by tomorrow. I would suggest allowing only one class class 1 weapon engineered to only first level but letting the racer decide if they want a frag or missiles.

Possibly not allow ECM or PD at the moment as the restricted ammo already balances the missiles I reckon. Might revisit this if they prove to be OP though.

I see no problem with allowing a turret. The frag turret only fires at short range and a missile turret will get through your ammo very quickly. Also, if your turret keeps firing on a ship once the shields go down it may destroy it, disqualifying you from the race.

I would suggest, as well as allowing upgraded thrusters, powerplant and distributor also allow strippping out of anything you don't want (cargo racks maybe) to lighten the ship for a bit more speed, but leave everything else stock.

I think that should make the ships fast enough to be fun with just enough variety to make it interesting while keeping the playing field level enough to be fair.

I would suggest allowing only one class class 1 weapon engineered to only first level but letting the racer decide if they want a frag or missiles.
Or we could all fit both and experiment with disabling one or the other.

Possibly not allow ECM or PD at the moment as the restricted ammo already balances the missiles I reckon. Might revisit this if they prove to be OP though.
Agreed

I see no problem with allowing a turret. The frag turret only fires at short range and a missile turret will get through your ammo very quickly. Also, if your turret keeps firing on a ship once the shields go down it may destroy it, disqualifying you from the race.
2 km isn't all that short in a race, I've had second thoughts about this as it could leave us all slowed, all the time. I don't think missile turrets exist, do they? Apart from the AX dumbfires.

I would suggest, as well as allowing upgraded thrusters, powerplant and distributor also allow strippping out of anything you don't want (cargo racks maybe) to lighten the ship for a bit more speed, but leave everything else stock.
No objection to this but I thought empty cargo bays weighed nothing anyway.

I think that should make the ships fast enough to be fun with just enough variety to make it interesting while keeping the playing field level enough to be fair.

I have Lyz unlocked now as well so can get a drag missile or frag by tomorrow. I would suggest allowing only one class class 1 weapon engineered to only first level but letting the racer decide if they want a frag or missiles.

The only missile turrets I am aware of are AX turrets which I didn’t think could be engineered.

We wondered if it could be done.
Soooo
We did it.
We organised the ARRC
"Billion credits in a day Wing Missions Challenge"

Lallasro the heroic organiser & co-ordinator of this event

Donnie Quix
# Profit and Loss - 24 hour billionairre challenge
Revenues
Wing missions completed: 1,181,516,290.00 Cr
Own missions completed: 77,882,160.00 Cr
Goods sold: 10,384,574.00 Cr
Wing trade voucher: 8,917.00 Cr
Total revenue: 1,269,791,941.00 Cr
Expenses
Goods purchased: (100,975,976.00) Cr
Heatsinks: (350.00) Cr
Fuel: (12,117.00) Cr
Legal Fees: (4,350.00) Cr
Repairs: (321,915.00) Cr
Total expense: (101,314,708.00) Cr
Total profit: 1,168,477,233.00 Cr

Charlie H Alpha

Dharrch Streynjer

Congratulations to all involved. Especially to Cmndr Lallasro!

o7
Well done guys.Must have put in a lot of work to organise this.Glad it paid off for you.They're gonna have to open a new vault at the Bank of Zaonce just to hold all those extra zeros.Heck,they're probably going to have to open a new planet!:D

dayrth

Volunteer Moderator
Looking down on creation
wak7cYs.png

Dayrth has reached his penultimate waypoint. This is as close to the top of the galaxy as I can get without using jumponium or neutron boost.
Next stop Sag A, which is on the way home :)

Also managed to tick off a couple more items from the bucket list (mine, not Frank's).
First discovered on a couple of black holes and some neutron stars.

Anyone know if you can get repairs at the Sag A station? Had a bit of a mishap with a high G world. Down to 74% hull :(

Last edited:
Looking down on creation

Dayrth has reached his penultimate waypoint. This is as close to the top of the galaxy as I can get without using jumponium or neutron boost.
Next stop Sag A, which is on the way home :)

Also managed to tick off a couple more items from the bucket list (mine, not Frank's).
First discovered on a couple of black holes and some neutron stars.

Anyone know if you can get repairs at the Sag A station? Had a bit of a mishap with a high G world. Down to 74% hull :(

Well done. I always take AFMUs and repair limpets. Otherwise I doubt if I could get beyond 1000 lyrs without self destroying.

o7

Top Bottom