Scenery Vs Landscape

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
I have been just wondering about something...

If i build an indoor coaster, or indoor area i kind of have 2 options to make it appear indoors :

1. Create a large structure with the building elements like walls and roofs. For bigger structures i could easily need a 1000 pcs for it to look good.

2. Use the landscape tools to create an indoor or semi-indoor area. The landscape itself would act as some sort of a building.

I know both have pro's and con's but i just wonder about performance. Placing a 1000 piece building needs some computer performance, i can imagine the landscape will take some performance as well but how much is it compared to building a big building? In short... Purely looking at computer performance, whats the best way to make in indoor area?

It would definitely be easier from both a performance and future ingame cost standpoint (I think) to use landscaping for an enclosed ride.

I was also wondering, wouldn't landscape make your indoor area darker than when you would use scenery to make it "indoor"?

If so, I'll probably have to create a "cave" and just mask it with building pieces?

Without obviously knowing how the game works at it's core, I am pretty certain that terrain would probably be the best option here in terms of performance.

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
I was also wondering, wouldn't landscape make your indoor area darker than when you would use scenery to make it "indoor"?

If so, I'll probably have to create a "cave" and just mask it with building pieces?

This for sure, it was 1 of the features added in alpha 3 [up]

Thanks Dante80 and Gregorburns1. You 2 are saying the same thing i was already thinking. Guess i will try to look around if i can make a nice indoor squire building by using landscape instead of walls.

Top Bottom