Shut off triggers / reverse triggers

Could there be a possibility of reverse triggers as well?

What I mean is could there be an option in for instance lights and effects to have the trigger activation be reversed?

So for example if there's a light that would turn on when a coaster activates it by trigger, when the the box is checked instead of the light turning on, the light turns off for the determined amount of time, and is turned on when idle.

I imagine it wouldn't be that hard to implement, especially since it wouldn't require any new texturing or modelling.

This would help with making those scenes for rapids/log rides where there's a waterfall that turns of right before you go under it, or for example lights flickering when a ride car goes by, etc.

isn't it possible to set the exact duration of the object?

like this https://forums.planetcoaster.com/showthread.php/17889-FIre-Show

It is, but you have to jump back and fourth between different menus

(And I think what he is asking for is a trigger that turns off an object that would otherwise be on by default all the time... Like a row of street lights that only shut off when the coaster passes, but aren't dependent on the ride running to stay on the rest of the time... Not to mention easier to set up for anyone that lacks the timing skills of the Clock King... )

I think what he is asking for is a trigger that turns off an object that would otherwise be on by default all the time... Like a row of street lights that only shut off when the coaster passes, but aren't dependent on the ride running to stay on the rest of the time... Not to mention easier to set up for anyone that lacks the timing skills of the Clock King

I think this is a better sum of what I was trying to say (I'm not that good at wording)

Like for example where I got the idea for this was that I wanted to make all the area lights lighting up the queue shut off for a few seconds when the train flies above the queue (for example something like that)

I think it would be possible but like Minnion said, its a lot of switching between two different menus, and that should really be fixed. I've seen other threads mention that before about certain triggers.

I think it would be possible but like Minnion said, its a lot of switching between two different menus, and that should really be fixed. I've seen other threads mention that before about certain triggers.

I'm not sure what you mean by the whole "switching between two menus" thing, where would you do that? Do you mean like timing things so that they stay on a certain time so that they just happen to shut off in time orr? Because even if that's what you mean then there's the bad side that if the coaster doesn't run (so for example it's broken) the trigger-dependent events/lights/etc would shut down.

even if that's what you mean then there's the bad side that if the coaster doesn't run (so for example it's broken) the trigger-dependent events/lights/etc would shut down.

well that is true no matter what, but it would be nice if we could set triggers that are not attached to coasters too [up]

Top Bottom