News about our upcoming update!

Please give King Ghoster a colored friend!!

I'd like to point out that we have 3 variations of King Coaster that are all mainly white with a tiny bit of red, a solid gold King Coaster, and another King "ghoster" that is solid white. Obviously there are differences between the 5 versions of king coaster, but the fact that 4 of them are mainly white is a bit odd, don't you think? Its so colorless and boring [tongue]

I understand if the other entertainers are a bit too complicated to give some additional colors too, but it would seem a bit easier for the devs to add a few color choices to King Coaster, especially since we already have variations that are so similar maybe? I mean why are there 4 versions of the same color and only 1 other is gold? I wish there were some statistics showing how often people use the gold entertainer. At least give us a few choices for King Ghoster to be orange, blue or green, maybe even black, as he seems like the most simple/plain entertainer to give some color too, and it would really help mix up some variety there [up]

I'd also like to state that, as the main mascot of this game he looks very much like a baseball to me, and I wonder why nobody else sees it (lol) if hes a "planet" shouldn't he be blue or any other color besides the moon? Out of all the entertainers hes not my favorite, but maybe if he had some color variety it would make him more useful [yesnod] so, yeah adding extra colors for King Coaster is a must!

We do not need more than a few colors. Imagine a set of 6 colored king Ghosters and a set of 4 "planet" monarchs! There could be Mother Earth, Mars The Jester, A Dictator Sun, and Black Hole Knight ! Each with a different hat/crown and colored "coaster sash"

The whole point is to just add a little color and variety to the entertainers I mean its not a super big deal to the overall game, but the games pathing and the staff that walk on them are very important. King ghoster is a great design to add color to our parks if only he didnt come in only white, hes a big lump of clay let us mold him into something our own!

#LonelyGhoster#LongLivetheKing!

Isn't King Coaster a brand, therefore it shouldn't be possible to mess with the colors? For that reason, the statue of the guy is one of the few scenery assets where the lack of flexicolor is a legit design decision that can actually be defended. Although, come to think of of; It could just be another victim of the notorious white texture screw-up that they somehow manage to pull off in every single update. [big grin]

I do agree that the King Ghoster should be colorable since that is just a cloth around the branded figure.

Isn't King Coaster a brand, therefore it shouldn't be possible to mess with the colors? For that reason, the statue of the guy is one of the few scenery assets where the lack of flexicolor is a legit design decision that can actually be defended. Although, come to think of of; It could just be another victim of the notorious white texture screw-up that they somehow manage to pull off in every single update. [big grin]

I do agree that the King Ghoster should be colorable since that is just a cloth around the branded figure.

And is "It's a brand!" really a legit defense? Why are we restricted to Frontier's fictional branding, other than Frontier saying so? No question it's nice game detail -- as an option. But two years in, no generic shops, no generic entertainers we can flexicolor now that the rest of the staff clothing is finally flexicolorable, nonsensical restrictions on the look'n'feel of our parks, no reason given but "it's a brand!"

And is "It's a brand!" really a legit defense? Why are we restricted to Frontier's fictional branding, other than Frontier saying so? No question it's nice game detail -- as an option. But two years in, no generic shops, no generic entertainers we can flexicolor now that the rest of the staff clothing is finally flexicolorable, nonsensical restrictions on the look'n'feel of our parks, no reason given but "it's a brand!"

I personally am totally fine with the decision not to be able to change colours on brand mascots.:cosmiccow::logo::foxycoffee::captlockjaw::chiefbeef::rex::smile::foxycoffee::logo: It makes sense. I would be glad if we one day would get some other more general mascots on which we could change the colour though. Changing colours on King Coaster would make sense - people color whole rivers on St. Patricks Day for instance - so coloring King Coaster would make sense in my opinion.:kingcoaster:

And the one famous brand with that "golden M" (others say it's golden (of chicken, of course)) doesn't change its color either, for instance.[big grin]

Last edited:
Are you guys confusing the words brand and logo? The white Planet Coaster logo/emblem is not in need of color changes... the in-game king coaster entertainer is not the games branding logo, just because theres another color (such as gold king coaster) doesnt change the company brand, marketing logos, or color scheme. We would still have the basic default white mascot

Last edited:
Are you guys confusing the words brand and logo? The white Planet Coaster logo/emblem is not in need of color changes... the in-game king coaster entertainer is not the games branding logo, just because theres another color (such as gold king coaster) doesnt change the company brand, marketing logos, or color scheme. We would still have the basic default white mascot

Have you ever seen a mascot being colored in a new way? Take a mascot from a sports team of your favourite sport - they never change color. So I can accept that the Fox from Street Fox Coffee for instance, has a set color. As mentioned in my previous post I would assume that color changes for King Coaster would be possible. Frontier themselves added a golden color to King Coaster so I wouldn't mind having more color options. As for all the other brand mascots though, I don't have a problem them staying as they are.

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
I'm fine with not changing entertainwrs except I would love to customise Amalie. A different dress, hair and skin makes her a whole new princess. [big grin]

I would love to customise Amalie. A different dress, hair and skin makes her a whole new princess. [big grin]

I totally agree! [yesnod][up]

Take a mascot from a sports team of your favourite sport - they never change color.

Not true. Sports teams have been known to change the look, style, colors, etc, of their mascots. I am certain of this on multiple occasions. Obviously its less common with major leagues, but american baseball definitely has done it.

Have you ever seen a mascot being colored in a new way?
Yes. Ever heard of the Budweiser Clydesdales, or frogs, or the Coca-cola polar bears? Have you ever seen the original short skits of the Simpsons, or even season 1 of that show? or how about the original Bugs Bunny? Nickelodeons Stick Stickly or Wheres the Beef!?! Many companies have been known to update their branding image, or corporate logos, let alone there mascots. Same goes for team colors and uniforms

[video=youtube;AXsCFarViLY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXsCFarViLY[/video]

Last edited:

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I'm fine with not changing entertainwrs except I would love to customise Amalie. A different dress, hair and skin makes her a whole new princess. [big grin]

I agree as well. I would love to see different dresses and hair styles for Princess Amelie :amelie:
Back in the Coaster Head Club days we had a look on some concept art of Amelie, and they all looked fantastic! :D

I can’t wait to find out what the DLC is. I hope we get some generic rides rather than ones themed to a specific theme. Everyone has been asking for a cable sky ride or ski lift type ride. As well as larger carousel, giant flume. I’m guessing the Coaster Heads don’t know any more than we do. But, it’s July 1, so we should be hearing something this week. It’s going to be very interesting from now on since maybe some of our wishes will be granted. Or maybe not.

It's great to have new content ^^

I still hope that someday we'll be able to import 3D models as decorations, instead of making ugly statues with basic shapes (also basic shapes should be improved, instead of several sizes, you would have one of each but resizable)

It's great to have new content ^^

I still hope that someday we'll be able to import 3D models as decorations, instead of making ugly statues with basic shapes (also basic shapes should be improved, instead of several sizes, you would have one of each but resizable)

Yep. That's what I hope for too! It would be so great to be able to import own created content.

I guess you have to twiddle your thumbs like the rest of us. But not knowing the exact day this week when we’ll know exactly what we are getting in the next DLC is maddening. I know you want that chairlift ride for your pier park so bad. I want that ride, too. Two parks I’m working on, one operating, one defunct have/had a chairlift ride. Lagoon in Utah and Pontchartrain Beach in New Orleans. I like parks with scary dark rides especially Bill Tracy ones.

Last edited:
When do you guys think the live stream announcement will be? Tomorrow? Wednesday? Oh I can't wait! HYPE! [shocked]

Really wish we knew. My guess is that they will announce it tomorrow (without notifying us) and then release it on Wednesday and the devs play it on that days stream. I only think this because during last weeks stream they said that we will have it soon than we think.

Studios was announced Wednesday the 21st of March and released the 27th of March. This isn't exactly the same since the preannounced the free stuff but I think that is because there was some confusion with studios/hotels what was free and what was DLC.

Studios was announced Wednesday the 21st of March and released the 27th of March. This isn't exactly the same since the preannounced the free stuff but I think that is because there was some confusion with studios/hotels what was free and what was DLC.

I really hope the announcement is on Wednesday since I have it off I can watch the stream but its weird to do it on a holiday for the US.

Top Bottom