News about our upcoming update!

I wish it were today, Monday. It’s useless to ask what it is now because they won’t tell us anything before the time. All we can do is speculate on what it could be. And be excited or disappointed when it is finally revealed.

Last edited:
I wish it were today, Monday. It’s useless to ask what it is now because they won’t tell us anything before the time. All we can do is speculate on what it could be. And be excited or disappointed when it is finally revealed.

Yeah, well.

I should be doing other things but faffing about speculating here is currently more entertaining.[big grin]

I also ask myself why Frontier won't tell us when they will have the announcement stream. I don't want to change my timeplan to e able to watch a stream when they then only show workshop stuff again. I would change my personal timetable when I know I would see a live gameplay with the new stuff or the announcement of new stuff.
Marketing of Frontier really puzzles me these days. No offense, but communication was way better when there was only one community manager. Now there is three and communication is really bad. Don't get me wrong, I believe all three of them are doing a great job (behind the scenes) and I also believe they would love to tell us more but are not allowed to[mouth shut]. In my opinion this is really sad. Back in the Alpha days Frontier got me excited with their open mentality so that I pre-ordered (Early bird) for the first time in my life. When I look at the development of communication I loose trust in Frontier and to be honest, I learned from that. I will never ever pre order any game (not only Frontier) again.

If Frontier decides to announce the time of the announcement stream I hope it is not just half an hour prior to the stream. Sad thing is, that I guess they loose potential customers of their products.

Frontier also said that we will get the DLC sooner than we think. As far as I got it a lot of people believe in an announcement and publishing on Wednesday. So sooner would be today or tomorrow. Why don't they tell us about the new DLC stuff? People already started guessing what COULD be in there and think about all they dream of - of course some of them will be disappointed when they learn, that those things they made up in their minds won't actually be in the DLC. It is those puzzling marketing "strategies" that I don't understand and think that they do harm to potential (interested) customers.[big grin]

I also ask myself why Frontier won't tell us when they will have the announcement stream.

Maybe there are issues with the update? Something not ready yet?
Or it's not even planned for the coming week(s)

I can think of tons of reasons why it's not there.
So at least they say it's not this week.

Why don't they tell us about the new DLC stuff? People already started guessing what COULD be in there and think about all they dream of - of course some of them will be disappointed when they learn, that those things they made up in their minds won't actually be in the DLC. It is those puzzling marketing "strategies" that I don't understand and think that they do harm to potential (interested) customers.[big grin]

You can't blame Frontier for the fantasy's people have.

I just wait and see, it will come when it's ready. I can replay the announcement later if I miss it somehow, and I have no expectations from the update at this point, so I won't be dissapointed.

Last edited:
Maybe there are issues with the update? Something not ready yet?
Or it's not even planned for the coming week(s)

I can think of tons of reasons why it's not there.
So at least they say it's not this week.

You can't blame Frontier for the fantasy's people have.

I just wait and see, it will come when it's ready. I can replay the announcement later if I miss it somehow, and I have no expectations from the update at this point, so I won't be dissapointed.

When they have trouble with the update and might not be able to publish it why then saying that we will get it sooner than we think? (mentioned last Wednesday livestream). When something is missing (a flatride for instance) and would be given in a patch a week later I wouldn't mind. But please, tell us and start communicating again!

I don't blame Frontier for the fantasy of some people but I blame them for bad marketing (my opinion) and thrown away hype potential (again my opinion). Maybe it is the best marketing strategy from a selling point of view but I liked marketing better in Alpha and Release days.

Last edited:
I also ask myself why Frontier won't tell us when they will have the announcement stream. I don't want to change my timeplan to e able to watch a stream when they then only show workshop stuff again. I would change my personal timetable when I know I would see a live gameplay with the new stuff or the announcement of new stuff.
Marketing of Frontier really puzzles me these days. No offense, but communication was way better when there was only one community manager. Now there is three and communication is really bad. Don't get me wrong, I believe all three of them are doing a great job (behind the scenes) and I also believe they would love to tell us more but are not allowed to[mouth shut]. In my opinion this is really sad. Back in the Alpha days Frontier got me excited with their open mentality so that I pre-ordered (Early bird) for the first time in my life. When I look at the development of communication I loose trust in Frontier and to be honest, I learned from that. I will never ever pre order any game (not only Frontier) again.

If Frontier decides to announce the time of the announcement stream I hope it is not just half an hour prior to the stream. Sad thing is, that I guess they loose potential customers of their products.

Frontier also said that we will get the DLC sooner than we think. As far as I got it a lot of people believe in an announcement and publishing on Wednesday. So sooner would be today or tomorrow. Why don't they tell us about the new DLC stuff? People already started guessing what COULD be in there and think about all they dream of - of course some of them will be disappointed when they learn, that those things they made up in their minds won't actually be in the DLC. It is those puzzling marketing "strategies" that I don't understand and think that they do harm to potential (interested) customers.[big grin]

Yes, you are right about Frontier's communication. I still do not understand why they say nothing about the DLC before the announcement. One or two pictures of the DLC on Twitter or some clues would be really cool. Tomorrow at 12 PM we will have an announcement on Twitch with a trailer, it's pretty sure. But I think that the DLC and the update release Wednesday and Wednesday evening at 19 PM they will present all the novelties in a gameplay

Man I'd love to have been a fly on the wall in the planning meeting for this patch [haha]

Product owner: "Ok... ok... ok you guys. Now, I know this is a long shot, but I think this is could be the hit we've been looking for... 'vending machines'..."

Everyone else: /golfclap *sniffle* "such vision"

[haha]

1.6 folks. Game changer.

Literally exactly this!

The fuss some are making about announcements of announcements. The irony is not lost of complaints about communication coming from this forum! [big grin]

Maybe it's a generational thing. I'm out of touch, not sensitive enough to the needs of my online persona. Starting now, I expect more from game publishers. I expect the new update to be a vegetable garden feature. An organic farmers market DLC for my park. The fresh produce used to make food at the new organic vegetarian food stalls.

So last night I dreamed about what the DLC was! The GLITTER Pack!! It was a bunch of art shapes covered in sparkly glitter. AND...we got chairlifts with open chair cars AND enclosed gondolas like Disney's new Skyliner. Ha ha! GLITTER! [squeeeeee]

When they have trouble with the update and might not be able to publish it why then saying that we will get it sooner than we think? (mentioned last Wednesday livestream). When something is missing (a flatride for instance) and would be given in a patch a week later I wouldn't mind. But please, tell us and start communicating again!

I don't blame Frontier for the fantasy of some people but I blame them for bad marketing (my opinion) and thrown away hype potential (again my opinion). Maybe it is the best marketing strategy from a selling point of view but I liked marketing better in Alpha and Release days.

"Sooner than you think" is very cryptic. It can have a thousand different expolanations.

If I think it's next year it is probably sooner, I I think it's next month it can still be sooner.
If anybody thinks this week, I doubt it will be sooner.

What hype potential?
There are plenty of people that are hyped already without knowing what it would be.

Will it be a dissapointment for some? Yes, it will probably will. But maybe then the bar is set to high.

I'm not going to discuss the marketing and communcation strategy of Frontier any further, because I think they should decide and stick to what they feel is best.

I don’t want to wait all summer for a mystery DLC. I at least want to know if it has been delayed rather than left hanging not knowing when it will be streamed. Did Bo mean that this Wednesday is not a DLC stream?

Top Bottom