Collection of popular discussion threads w/ links

Thank you for starting this thread BreezerHOG! I look forward to reading some interesting suggestions.
Absolutely great innitiative breezerHOG. I feel like gameplay and QOL are alot of times overlooked here on the forums. Thank you for taking the time to round up these important threads and making it clear what this thread is about.[up]
Thanks all that care for the gameplay and wanna post gameplay suggestions, it's much appreciated!
Wow [up][shocked] Great initiative! Good to see all threads categorized. [up][up][up][up]
well done for collating the links to suggestions and so on. I will continue adding things to individual suggestion posts rather than here, but might be back depending on how discussion goes. Cheers.
good topic out here, the work OP and others put into listing the things is appreciated and I think most of them are spot-on ;) I hope developers see it as I think it would make it a bit easier to actually gather the feedback.
Thanks for all the support!! Hopefully we can add some positivity to our suggestions too [happy][up] like my favorite scenario in Career mode was Golems Rampage because it was interesting having 4 areas connected by a monorail, Id like more scenarios in that style and more transportation variety too!

If not wished, please feel free to remove this post to where it belongs.[big grin]

All opinions are welcome, just not arguments! [yesnod]

In the end forum threads can effectively contain "nasty things" within isolated threads, it doesn't mean the forum is tainted. Sometimes I look at threads and just say to myself "hell no" and back out. That's the good thing about forums, there's a certain "sandboxing" of ideas and feeling within threads. Every new thread's a fresh start! [money]
lol [up] thats great logic!

Good decision [up]

Last edited:
Yep, MR.Sugar, I know what you mean. I guess it's about keeping a civil tone from the outset, rather than using blunt force, unintentional or otherwise. I've posted my fair share of unintentional bloopers, who hasn't. There's many examples a lot stronger than "opinions as fact". I chose the lower-ranked catalyst for heated replies!

While it is "passion for the game we love" that explains many of the exchanges here, that banner only goes so far. It can't be the umbrella for prolonged bitter exchanges. Or maybe it can. I'll happily argue with or question myself too.

In the end forum threads can effectively contain "nasty things" within isolated threads, it doesn't mean the forum is tainted. Sometimes I look at threads and just say to myself "hell no" and back out. That's the good thing about forums, there's a certain "sandboxing" of ideas and feeling within threads. Every new thread's a fresh start! [money]

How 'bout the Park Skirts topic? Worth a spot?

+1 to this one - especially the one for No skirt, or "floating in space", and just have the editable area there. The skirts are nice, but if they can't be custom edited(with the terrain tool) to match your own ideas, then i don't see the point of it being there. I had a plan once of just making the entire park flat to the level that the entrance was at. So I did it and what ended up happening was it just looked like the park was in a square hole in the ground(which didn't look nice at all).

Also on the subject of the skirt, Maybe they could make it instead work like Cities: Skylines - where the park entrance is in a "starting square" of land, and then as you play and the park gets bigger, you can buy more connecting squares of land on the outside to expand the area. So all of the "Visible land" would technically be editable, so long as you own the land plot that it's on.

Thank you for starting this thread BreezerHOG! I look forward to reading some interesting suggestions.

So I hope I can explain mine without confusing people. At this time, we can pick and choose categories that we wish to work in. For instance, I can go to the scenery tab, and choose Pirates, and all I will see is Pirate scenery. With me so far?

I would like to see a button for the opposite. So again, if I am building a Sci-Fi park, I know I will never use Fairytale or Pirate scenery in it, I should be able to hit a button that will always eliminate those pieces from my view until I want them back. Why should I always have to troll through categories of scenery I don't want? Hope that makes sense.

To go along with this, I would love it if the reset filter button [red square] could be moved to the regular tab next to the more filters button [black square]? Why should I have to open the sub menu everytime I wish to reset?

UrSNiFL.jpg

Just a couple of thoughts.

Last edited:
Yes, the blueprint tab gets cluttered with blueprints and you have to remember what 1,000’s of blueprints are called to find them. I liked how in RCT3 there were categories for everything and wall/roof sets each had their own tab. Now all the walls and roofs are together and all of the scenery is together but you can check mark just the theme you want to see.

Also on the subject of the skirt, Maybe they could make it instead work like Cities: Skylines - where the park entrance is in a "starting square" of land, and then as you play and the park gets bigger, you can buy more connecting squares of land on the outside to expand the area. So all of the "Visible land" would technically be editable, so long as you own the land plot that it's on.
I would like that for PlanCo2 [cool]

I liked how in RCT3 there were categories for everything and wall/roof sets each had their own tab.
+100 I totally agree! I wish we could make our own custom categories and folders for our blueprint downloads and park saves

Also in RCT when placing a ride, it would select the entrance/exit automatically instead of requiring us to make the extra clicks of selecting the entrance and exit buttons individually [tongue]

@KickAir8p - added!

Last edited:
Hmmmmmm. There are a few some-people-phrase-as-fact-vs-opinion and the like posts that I'd respond to elsewhere, but they look to me like they're off-topic for this thread, so I won't.

Thanks guys [up] added those both!
Appreciate it!

I've got a couple near and dear to my heart, but I'm not sure they're popular enough for this list. One is being able to individually tell staffpeople to take a break before their energy is down enough in that cycle, either by clicking a button in their box or by moving them from where they are (even if they're in a shop) and dropping 'em on a staffroom (here and here). Another is including 3D-standard scaling controls for non-gridded stuff to go with the advanced move and rotate controls.

...including 3D-standard scaling controls for non-gridded stuff to go with the advanced move and rotate controls

I believe Frontier addressed the scaling issue previously. For whatever reason, they are not considering it. I could be wrong on this, and I did do a search, but came up with nothing, so perhaps I am wrong.

Would love to be able to scale trees for instance.

...including 3D-standard scaling controls for non-gridded stuff to go with the advanced move and rotate controls
I believe Frontier addressed the scaling issue previously. For whatever reason, they are not considering it. I could be wrong on this, and I did do a search, but came up with nothing, so perhaps I am wrong.
Frontier nopes stuff they later do (path kerbs/barriers, glass, etc), just because they've downchecked it before doesn't mean we shouldn't advocate for it if we still want it in the game.

Would love to be able to scale trees for instance.
Scalability for non-gridded things that can be affected by advanced move/rotate would be reasonably easy to add (it's so standard in 3D apps that the move and rotate widgets are usually grouped with a scaling widget). But this stuff's the lowest number of polygons the art-devs could get away with and still have them look good. With a scaling tool if we scaled stuff too high it'd look off -- that seemed to me why Frontier didn't like the idea.

Last edited:

Harbinger

Volunteer Moderator
OK folks this topic's focus has been split somewhat due to the discussion of forum meta. Lets try and get it back on track and bring it back to discussion of the game.

If you wish to discuss Brett's comments about moderation going forward I've started a new thread so please continue this aspect of the discussion here.

Thanks.

Last edited:

So I hope I can explain mine without confusing people. At this time, we can pick and choose categories that we wish to work in. For instance, I can go to the scenery tab, and choose Pirates, and all I will see is Pirate scenery. With me so far?

I would like to see a button for the opposite. So again, if I am building a Sci-Fi park, I know I will never use Fairytale or Pirate scenery in it, I should be able to hit a button that will always eliminate those pieces from my view until I want them back. Why should I always have to troll through categories of scenery I don't want? Hope that makes sense.

To go along with this, I would love it if the reset filter button [red square] could be moved to the regular tab next to the more filters button [black square]? Why should I have to open the sub menu everytime I wish to reset?

Just a couple of thoughts.
I always wanted the option to rename/reclassify items to my own liking. This way you could group to your own needs, rename items to something that makes sense to you, and sort/filter to what makes sense to you (as each individual user). Behind the scenes it can all still have the in game names. etc, but the interface could be customized as needed.

Skirts and biomes

If Frontier offered a skirt editor as a separate program, I would buy it. Skirts as workshop items would be amazing.

I'm working on a new scenario (don't laugh), most likely destined to be played by three or four people [haha], and noticed something that I thought was odd.

The scenario uses the grassland skirt and a couple of desert brushes. The skirt area grass outside the editable border now has a slightly orange tinge. So it is clear the skirt and terrain brushes have some relationship.

I suspect the issue with an all-water skirt is that the water should be ocean, and that means waves. Waves in skirts would require a lot more computing power than existing skirts.

Something that needs fixing and should be straightforward: Each time you load the biome editor, the terrain brushes revert to the default for that biome. This is really annoying. When you are experimenting with terrain brushes, often you will want to change just one. But you have to reset them all and that is a tedious drill

Steep One - Alpine Steep One
Steep Two - Tropical Steep Two
etc. etc. etc.

I suspect the issue with an all-water skirt is that the water should be ocean, and that means waves. Waves in skirts would require a lot more computing power than existing skirts.
I would happily take a dead-calm all-water park skirt! Or one with still waves. I don't intend to use it close up, it should be stated on release that it's not suitable for that.

One of the biomes is a basically an island in a lake surrounded by mountains, so there is no reason not to have a beach or sea biome.

Last edited:

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I would happily take a dead-calm all-water park skirt! Or one with still waves. I don't intend to use it close up, it should be stated on release that it's not suitable for that.

I think that's a great idea; an all-water park biome. We could create our own islands on it, for example, like some of the old RCT scenarios. [up]

I like the idea of an all-water park biome as well - last time I tried to create one manually it took me a long time to make it using the terrain tools and the water tools.

Shane

Agreed! I've been super thirsty for an ocean/island or coastal beach biome. I really want to make a boardwalk park with some ocean front hotel resorts and you really can't do that with the current biomes.

I also think an Egyptian desert style biome with sandy dunes would be really fun and perfect for the Adventure theme!

images

Last edited:
You would think they would have included a new beach biome with the vintage pack since the screenshots show a pier over water.

You would think they would have included a new beach biome with the vintage pack since the screenshots show a pier over water.

I doubt it since in the screenshots you can clearly see it's a lake in an existing map. Maybe because so many people are now suddenly asking for it they decide to put it in anyway.

Top Bottom