Coming Soon to Planet Coaster: Thememaker's Toolkit

The Thememaker's Toolkit doesn't have to mean the end of the official DLC. According to the latest financial statement, Planet Coaster continues to perform really well, so it would be wise to continue to develop DLC for as long as the game continues to perform so well. :D

The Thememaker's Toolkit may even result in more sales of the vanilla game, bringing in more players who have been waiting for a form of UGC before they want to start playing the game. Now is the time that they may want to join this awesome ride! ;)

It might still be doing well, but the trick is not to keep making DLC untill it doesn't do well anymore, the trick is to stop just before that. So in that regard I'm also kind of worried. I expected something like this, but not before the EOL for Planet Coaster.

It might not be the end of all DLC (I think a likewise tool for rides / shops / coasters is in the works for the long term), but this does end any and all incentive that Frontier had for creating new content packs. Missing wall piece? Look in the workshop. Want some specific themed items? Find them in the workshop. And then you may search through 150 of the same item, 2 of which might have a comparable quality as to what Frontier can do.

My prediction? I think we will see the last content pack DLC this november, as an anniversary DLC. Then we'll get this tool somewhere in december, with some bugfix updates beginning of 2019. After that maybe a ride pack / coaster pack somewhere in the summer of 2019. And the last DLC will be some 'Ultimate Pack' which will contain everything that didn't make it into its own pack, on the anniversary in 2019 together with the release for the tools for custom rides etc. And right after that probably some rumours and hints about PC2. But I hope I'm wrong and I hope this game has many more DLC in its future.

What I am looking forward to is seeing what people can do with this, and the fact that this tool exist will ensure we'll be enjoying this game for years to come because we can keep making content ourselves.

Modding is great for this game, it will add years of life. Just take a look at Cities Skylines, the modding community for that game is huge, and it's still going strong! So, I'm very excited for this addition. One thing I do hope for, is Direct X 12 support.

OH MY GOD !!!!

That is the best news Ive heard all year. I work in VFX, so I model and animate all day long. Guess im going to be doing it a lot more at home now. This is a brilliant addition for the community. Excellent work guys !!!!

Wow!
This is really awesome news. Thanks so much team Frontier. It's stuff like this that show that you listen to the community even though some claim you don't. Love you guys [heart]
I cannot wait to see where this will lead Planet Coaster and the mind blowing awesome that the talented community cook up with it. [up]

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
My prediction? I think we will see the last content pack DLC this november, as an anniversary DLC. Then we'll get this tool somewhere in december, with some bugfix updates beginning of 2019. After that maybe a ride pack / coaster pack somewhere in the summer of 2019. And the last DLC will be some 'Ultimate Pack' which will contain everything that didn't make it into its own pack, on the anniversary in 2019 together with the release for the tools for custom rides etc. And right after that probably some rumours and hints about PC2. But I hope I'm wrong and I hope this game has many more DLC in its future.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens in the future... I wouldn't worry about it too much ;)

THIS IS JUST AWESOME!!!!!!

It's great that we can do our own Animatronics (according to the FAQ's) , but to have a limit ifor downloadable objects is not that great.

But the Toolkit just starts soon and we had first also some limits as Planco starts (Number of objects for BluePrints as example). So we will see, what's the future brings

Last edited:

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
[Crawling out from under a rock] Did someone mention custom scenery? [Virtually dusts off Planet Coaster in Steam] STARGATE: THE RIDE INCOMING!!

lol...Even without custom scenery the game is great .we’re like kids at Christmas. Should be very interesting to see what custom stuff people come up with.

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
Am I the only one who is not really excited about this? I am a little in shock actually. [shocked]

I do not know 3D design, or have a professional Software for this. And I think not many can pull off amazing 3D objects with great textures. [sad]

Hmmm...... really don't know what to think about this informtion. First thing that came on my mind, no more official DLCs, I have to rely on waht other people do, IF they upload it to the workshop.

Vote for more official DLC's and Rides ;-)

they didn’t say there wouldn’t be any other dlc’s.

Indeed, this sounds amazing.
BUT...
This is a reason for Frontier to not add new Theme Packs by themselves...
Cause every other One is creating work, that was promised at the Release...
There are so many Themes missed or incompkete.. But i think frontier won‘t update that. instead, the Users will do...

Seeks like JWE is killing workspace for PC :/

so this is like Microsoft paint 3d to make your own assests sort of thing sounds like modding or is this a steam workshop extension? or better yet a 3d printer for planet coaster

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
BUT...
There are so many Themes missed or incompkete.. But i think frontier won‘t update that. instead, the Users will do...

As stated numerous time already, even by Frontier themself.. The fact we get UGC doesn't mean they are confirming to stop doing DLC. [wink]

Last edited:
BUT...

Way off the mark... [ugh]

Top Bottom