Best way to make simple large mountains without spending all day?

How do people have the patience to make massive mountains with complex height changes, deep chasms and tunnels? In RCT3 I could quickly lift a large chunk of land high into the sky in a couple of seconds, and even bring it back down as quickly as I raised it. But in PC if I try to go up high it looks like a lumpy cylinder and slowly starts to lean and stretch and deform, but it takes forever to fill a large area like that. I get that it has to be finessed and molded but I wish there was a way to move terrain quicker. And not just with higher intensity, but more of a snapping system like on a grid to match specific angles

Last edited:
How do people have the patience to make massive mountains with complex height changes, deep chasms and tunnels? In RCT3 I could quickly lift a large chunk of land high into the sky in a couple of seconds, and even bring it back down as quickly as I raised it. But in PC if I try to go up high it looks like a lumpy cylinder and slowly starts to lean and stretch and deform, but it takes forever to fill a large area like that. I get that it has to be finessed and molded but I wish there was a way to move terrain quicker. And not just with higher intensity, but more of a snapping system like on a grid to match specific angles

Well until we get a "Raise to hight tool" what I usually do is raise the terrain that I want and then use a mix of the flatten to foundation and smooth brushes to create my gradual slopes... (Perhaps with a bit of raise/lower brush if I'm not creating terrain I want to put a path down...) Personally I think some of the tools from the Command and Conquer Generals world builder would be nice to have.(The tree placer, and the ramp tool mainly.)

He didn't want to take the most posts award from Angelis [big grin]

L[haha]L I actually wanted to use this account 3 months ago but I was having a problem with the login I guess I typed the wrong email so I couldnt activate, but Brett finally fixed it for me [up] this is my steam account so they match now!

Top Bottom