Planet Coaster Alpha 3 launch and Update notes

As far as we know Alpha 3 is the last. Beta begins next and not too far away either. I bought mine recently and wondered if I made the right choice as it's a lot of money for me. I now think best choice ever. Just get it...... [up] [up] [up] Sure it has some niggles but hey it's alpha and these will soon be sorted.

Last edited:
Hello

Thanks alot devs for this amazing alpha3. It has so many nice features already. Only one thing I can hope for is please add a little more optimization. The game runs very badly and my PC isnt even that old. I know its early on but please add a little optimization so it runs a little smoother. Thanks

Hello

Thanks alot devs for this amazing alpha3. It has so many nice features already. Only one thing I can hope for is please add a little more optimization. The game runs very badly and my PC isnt even that old. I know its early on but please add a little optimization so it runs a little smoother. Thanks

What are your system specs? Saying that your PC "isn't even that old" is pretty generic. If everyone had a little more to go on they might be able to help improve your performance. Personally I'm running an AMD FX-8350 (OC to 4.5GHz), an EVGA nVidia 960 2GB and 16GB RAM and yet to run into performance issues with this game. It runs smoother than a lot of fully released titles.

Last edited:
Really love this game. Blows doors off any other amusement park simulators i ever played. Just one small "Wah" [cry]
Really wanted the water to be interactive. Maybe a boat or a log ride. But I am enjoying the complexity and realism of Alpha 3.

Not sure where I go to report bugs but Aethon bugs out when you try to do more than one train. No matter how many block sections you have, the 1st or 2nd train will get stuck at a block section even if the next one is open. (And yeah I checked to make sure the trains had enough speed to go through the block sections) [happy]

Just to say the sounds on the chain lifts that are meant to be B&M coasters should not be change they used to make that sound more than the new chain lift sound.
2nd you need to have that launching sound back.

i'm comfortable with coaster phisics right now. Are really awesome!

Me too. They are slower but actually more realistic as a result. I was messing around with a Tatsu recreation earlier and I only got as far through the layout as the giant inverted pretzel loop, but the pace felt very close to the real ride. I know the scaling was about right too as I used wall pieces to measure out the high and low points of the track.

I think a big problem a lot of people have, is that if you just build a coaster in an empty field it feels slow. You have to place scenery etc around the track as in real life to get the true sensation of speed.

How do i download the thirt Alpha ?? [wacky]

Did you purchase the Early Bird package before the 25th August? If you did you can get your steam key by signing into the Frontier Store, instructions for that are here: https://support.frontier.co.uk/kb/faq.php?id=337

I notice you don't have the background on your post to suggest that you have purchased the game though, so if that is the case then you can either buy the standard pre-order which will get you the game on release or you buy the Thrillseeker Edition for a bit more money which will also give you access to the Beta (not alpha) just before release. You can find out more here: https://support.frontier.co.uk/kb/faq.php?id=341

I have this game pre-ordered (Thrillseeker Edition) but I was in the dark about the Early Bird package until after the fact... is there any chance of getting access? I've been watching lots of vids on Youtube and took part in yesterday's community chat, I'd love to be a part of A3.

As mentioned ad infinitum. No you cannot join alpha users at this point in time. August 25th was the last day you could buy into alpha access. After that it looks like you can only obtain Planet Coaster via Steam, which has 2 editions: Normal and the thrillseeker edition.
Early Birds can no longer be obtained. Which means the current alpha group is final. Making it all the more exclusive.
Everybody else (including me) will have to wait until november.

Other pre-development perks have also been scrubbed. No VIP passes possible, except the ones you can win with these conditions
- have a google account
- watch the streams (with the lovely hosts Bo and Ed)
- responed in chat to their demands (for example by naming your favorite item from the workshop (or stream)
- get lucky

Last edited:
Top Bottom