IMPORTANT: Magnificent Rides Collection coming on 18 December 2018!

I think the coaster you guys think is a Schwarzkopf is a launched B&M sit down like Hulk at Universal Studios. The reason it doesn't have a catwalk is because its launched and the wheels are used for the friction wheel launch.

I think the coaster you guys think is a Schwarzkopf is a launched B&M sit down like Hulk at Universal Studios. The reason it doesn't have a catwalk is because its launched and the wheels are used for the friction wheel launch.

I originally thought that, but the track spine looks more circular than box shaped, and also the guests are in the cattle pens on the platform in groups of two - indicating whatever the ride is, it will have rows of two (Hulk has rows of four). So that's another reason why I think it is a Schwarzkopf.

If the chairlift isn’t in this time, I will be disappointed. RCT 1-3 had it. The larger carousel is great but I don’t like that it’s “backwards” though like the RCT carousel. I guess I will live with it. Other rides high on my request list are a giant flume, sports cars tracked ride, and a Gravitron. All of those were in RCT3. Maybe a variant of antique cars with a roof.

Why? If RCT3 could do it, why can’t PC? The inability to build working waterparks will always make it feel that something is missing from Planet Coaster, that it’s predecessor had. Does that mean never, or might it be possible in the future?

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Thanks for the feedback everyone! As those of you who followed us during the anniversary highlights will know, rides take a long time to make and require more resources and development than scenery pieces. We'd heard your feedback on wanting more rides and felt this was the best way we could end a great year, with a pack dedicated to them! Releasing a pack with so many great rides is quite an undertaking but we're sure when you've seen all the rides that are included you'll be more than happy to add them to your parks!

Don't forget, if you are looking for more scenery for your creations there are some great new additions on the Workshop courtesy of the amazing designs from the Thememaker's Toolkit!

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Thanks for the feedback everyone! As those of you who followed us during the anniversary highlights will know, rides take a long time to make and require more resources and development than scenery pieces. We'd heard your feedback on wanting more rides and felt this was the best way we could end a great year, with a pack dedicated to them! Releasing a pack with so many great rides is quite an undertaking but we're sure when you've seen all the rides that are included you'll be more than happy to add them to your parks!

Don't forget, if you are looking for more scenery for your creations there are some great new additions on the Workshop courtesy of the amazing designs from the Thememaker's Toolkit!

We havent even seen half of them yet and im already hyped!!

That Carousel is just... Im in love :D

Happy when we see all the rides Paul? like Chairlifts? Gravitron? A flat ride or two? eh... eh... you know what I'm saying :). Honestly I would feel happy and complete with 2 things only... Chairlifts and a performance update to loading within the game using the interface. Its becoming almost unplayable with how long it takes to load the building tab or the scenery tab or even the TMTK tab. I've submitted numerous reports of the random crashing as well. Let the game sit for 20 mins, the game crashes.

Besides that, I and many would be happy campers. We have a snow biome with no chairlifts. I hope Sam and team heard us on this. Thank you for your time Paul and thank you for your communication.

This really sounds like there might be some really strong requested rided in thr pack [squeeeeee]

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
So... sounds like we're all excited? [happy][heart]

I know that I am excited! Super excited! <3

Of course players want more rides, such as a chairlift, a boat ride like Fata Morgana in Efteling and Pirates of the Caribbean, or a specific coaster, and its great to see all of these suggestions and ideas. Like Paul said, and what we have to keep in mind, is that it is a huge undertaking to develop rides for Planet Coaster, especially when compared to games such as RCT 1, 2 and 3.

Personally I think that it is unfair to think that Planet Coaster should have ride x because one or more RCT games had ride x. The level of detail and the more advanced nature of rides in Planet Coaster make it way more difficult to develop them. I'm just happy that Frontier is still supporting Planet Coaster, more than 2 years after its release date.

Last edited:
So... sounds like we're all excited? [happy][heart]

I am yes. That's all that counts for me.

Personally I think that it is unfair to think that Planet Coaster should have ride x because one or more RCT games had ride x. The level of detail and the more advanced nature of rides in Planet Coaster make it way more difficult to develop them. I'm just happy that Frontier is still supporting Planet Coaster, more than 2 years after its release date.

I already see people shouting "schwarzkopf" or "chairlift".
They will only be more disappointed with it being not there.

I would like to have those too, but other than the 3 we already seen, I'm not expecting anything, so I won't be dissapointed with my own expectations afterwards.

If only they could fix the FPS bug asap, that would make playing fun again.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Frontier just released the spotlight video for the Grand Carousel!

[video=youtube_share;uTKIKS686ZI]https://youtu.be/uTKIKS686ZI[/video]

I am sooo excited for that pack to come! Perfectly for my 2 week holiday over christmas <3. Will there be a little free update aswell like with the other content packs maybe with some bug-fixes? :)

Yeah. I might skip that again.
Coaster seems not family friendly again, though the Original is.
Limit - Heide Park / age ten
Condor - Walibi World / 140 cm
MP Express - Movie Park / age ten and 130 cm
Infusion - Black Pool Pleasure Beach / 132 cm
Kong - Six Flags Discovery Kingdom / 132 cm

Last edited:
Yeah. I might skip that again.
Coaster seems not family friendly again, though the Original is.
Limit - Heide Park / age ten
Condor - Walibi World / 140 cm
MP Express - Movie Park / age ten and 130 cm
Infusion - Black Pool Pleasure Beach / 132 cm

I think an SLC is nowhere near family friendly.... [rolleyes]

I find it strange to find an age restriction on a coaster. You would expect it to be always length restricted. As a 10 year old kid could also be shorter than 130 cm.
Age isn't a decisive number for you to be able to ride cretain rides, It's always length that is the restriction.

And aren't kids aged 10 years and older categorized under "teens"?

Top Bottom