IMPORTANT: Magnificent Rides Collection coming on 18 December 2018!

I had a hopeful theory with the release of the toolkit and its known limitations that Frontier would concentrate its future DLC efforts on ride-centric packs. It appears at least initial that appears to be true. My only hope is Frontier refrains from pileing more and more unrequested transport rides. So far the lineup seems ok. I know its not going to please everyone. That being said, Frontiers first outing post toolkit is promising, and this makes me hopeful for the future of planet coaster DLCs!!!

Oooooh!

That Grand Carousel is really gorgeous. I cannot wait to get my grubby little paws on this new pack and see this glorious piece of art in my parks. Kudos, Team Frontier, you've nailed it with this one. I know Joel will be one happy puppy. [heart][up]

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Oooooh!

That Grand Carousel is really gorgeous. I cannot wait to get my grubby little paws on this new pack and see this glorious piece of art in my parks. Kudos, Team Frontier, you've nailed it with this one. I know Joel will be one happy puppy. [heart][up]

Yes, I will [squeeeeee]

All i need is a motion sim ride like star tours and a coaster with a elevator lift/ droptrack and i'll be happy

I had a hopeful theory with the release of the toolkit and its known limitations that Frontier would concentrate its future DLC efforts on ride-centric packs. It appears at least initial that appears to be true. My only hope is Frontier refrains from pileing more and more unrequested transport rides. So far the lineup seems ok. I know its not going to please everyone. That being said, Frontiers first outing post toolkit is promising, and this makes me hopeful for the future of planet coaster DLCs!!!
I agree as well. I think the direction Frontier will go is having more rides DLC since the release of the Theme Makers Tool Kit. With that said this will free up more time for the developers to design more flat rides and coasters. Can't wait to see the other 6 new flat rides with this DLC.

Are there other pictures other than the 2 short videos that have been released. That is all I have seen but in a few post refer to other pictures unless I am missing something.

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
Now time for an unpopular opinion

This is what the FREE anniversary update should have been. They broke the game on the anniversary and now are cash grabbing - fix the game - fix the coaster smoothness issue like your fans have been asking for, for years!!!

People have been loyal to the game, I have. i bought every expansion even the little ones because i believed in the dev's vision and where they were going. But now that sparkle has worn off. We used to get the dev diarys and it felt personal like the dev's actually wanted feedback. Now they don't answer any unpopular opinion or question. What went wrong? Spooky, Adventure and Studios were awesome, the 1st anniversary update was amazing.

World showcase is terrible 2 roller coasters that were the same thing. Now you show Boa on a different track and call it a new ride. Wonder how many more of these "new" rides are just re-works. I think you have lost the vision you once has now see us as a cash cow. I refuse to buy any more of these expansions until you fix the game, and i encourage others to do the same.

Edit
Just seen the re-worked huntsman - game over

I won’t be doing the same. Not everyone has performance issues, I don’t. I’ll continue to by the dlc’s as they come out. And Frontier does listen to the players requests. I”m sure it takes a bit of time to make them. (I think calling them a cash cow is just a little bit over dramatic.)

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
I won’t be doing the same. Not everyone has performance issues, I don’t. I’ll continue to by the dlc’s as they come out. And Frontier does listen to the players requests. I”m sure it takes a bit of time to make them. (I think calling them a cash cow is just a little bit over dramatic.)

Also if I remember correctly, the paid expansion packs for RCT2 and 3 were mainly reskins of existing rides.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator

I agree with Heather. Not everyone has performance issues; I've seen people - not just on these forums - who are playing without any problems.
Frontier does indeed listen to feedback and suggestions; saying that they don't is quite disrespectful in my humble opinion. They are going to add a grand carousel, which has been requested many times, and they are doing everything they can to optimise the game as much as possible without taking out of the game what makes Planet Coaster "Planet Coaster".

As said before, it takes a lot of time to develop rides for Planet Coaster. Some people seem to underestimate how much time it costs. Time that has to be paid for; the developers do not work for free (although I know that some of them work in their free time as well), which is why these rides have to be paid for in the form of a DLC.

Of course Frontier is a business and they want to make profit, but it's not only that. They are in the business of developing and publishing games because they want to make products that people can and do enjoy.

Why do they have to leave us hanging though? We have no idea what the other six rides are. I want to know if they answered our requests, like chairlift, etc. One clue is that one of the rides will have two variations. I can't wait for the livestream on the 12th. Will we know any more before then? I hope they continue with more ride packs next year. There are so many more rides they can do. I'm curious to know if the current AI and engine will allow a customizable mini golf like RCT2 and 3.

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]I was talking about the re-skinning of existing rides when i said cash cow - Cash cow[/FONT] is business jargon for a business venture that generates a steady return of profits that far exceed the outlay of cash required to acquire or start it

I agree with Heather. Not everyone has performance issues; I've seen people - not just on these forums - who are playing without any problems.
Frontier does indeed listen to feedback and suggestions; saying that they don't is quite disrespectful in my humble opinion. They are going to add a grand carousel, which has been requested many times, and they are doing everything they can to optimise the game as much as possible without taking out of the game what makes Planet Coaster "Planet Coaster".

As said before, it takes a lot of time to develop rides for Planet Coaster. Some people seem to underestimate how much time it costs. Time that has to be paid for; the developers do not work for free (although I know that some of them work in their free time as well), which is why these rides have to be paid for in the form of a DLC.

Of course Frontier is a business and they want to make profit, but it's not only that. They are in the business of developing and publishing games because they want to make products that people can and do enjoy.

I never said they don't listen to feedback i was saying they are selective about which feedback they reply to. Look i have made my opinion clear - if this pack turns out to be great then i will eat humble pie and apologise. Chante has said that there are big surprises so i will give it a chance. I am commenting on what i have seen so far.

I agree as well. I think the direction Frontier will go is having more rides DLC since the release of the Theme Makers Tool Kit. With that said this will free up more time for the developers to design more flat rides and coasters. Can't wait to see the other 6 new flat rides with this DLC.

Not just that, but also new functionalities, fubctional things, systems and all new things that are more than scenery!!!

Not just that, but also new functionalities, fubctional things, systems and all new things that are more than scenery!!!

I don't know if we will see anything outside of small new content introductions. I can't see major new upgrades coming to planet coaster 1.X. But thats just my belief. None of us outside of Frontier know what the roadmap is. Maybe a largescale full expansion is on the way. Personally though, two years into the games life cycle, I'd say its a very small chance.

I want a pinfari looping/zyklon/wacky worm in the game [happy][yesnod]
LoopingThunderOaksAmusementPark.jpg

Why do they have to leave us hanging though? We have no idea what the other six rides are. I want to know if they answered our requests, like chairlift, etc. One clue is that one of the rides will have two variations. I can't wait for the livestream on the 12th. Will we know any more before then? I hope they continue with more ride packs next year. There are so many more rides they can do. I'm curious to know if the current AI and engine will allow a customizable mini golf like RCT2 and 3.
I hope Frontier will continue doing more ride packs as well. Like I said before with the release of the Theme Makers Tool Kit they have more free time to design more flat rides. Let's hope that stays true for 2019.

Top Bottom