Auto Tunnel Paths

This option already exist. They just put this feature on "off" in the config file of the game, for ... reasons.

How can it be turned on?
Well ...
It was during the alpha, few months ago ...

At this time, you had to change a "off" into "on" (or a "no" into "yes" or something like that, I do not remember) just behind the tunnel path feature in a config txt in the "install files" of the game.
And after a game reboot, the path react just as coaster rails. But I was more interested in the "suggestions/feedbacks/interactions with the devs" on the forum than by the game itself at that time. So ... I do not know if you can do it again.

Anyway, I think that if they hid this feature, it's maybe because this feature is not working properly for now ... so ... Patience, It will come back (and officially this time) one day, I'm sure [yesnod][up]

I hope it is brought back. I have a wild idea for a multi-level underground park, and it would be MUCH easier to carve out the levels using gridded paths to auto-tunnel, then just remove the paths for smooth ground and chisel out overhead for space to place the rides. We'd have an easier time creating square-sided caverns if we want that for something, even if it's just to quickly open a space where we can edit the terrain into a nice cave space.

I hope it is brought back. I have a wild idea for a multi-level underground park, and it would be MUCH easier to carve out the levels using gridded paths to auto-tunnel, then just remove the paths for smooth ground and chisel out overhead for space to place the rides. We'd have an easier time creating square-sided caverns if we want that for something, even if it's just to quickly open a space where we can edit the terrain into a nice cave space.

A work-around I tried last night worked for now. I used a coaster to dig the auto tunnel, then deleted it, and smoothed the bottom. Instant cave for my cue. Not pretty but it works in a pinch!

Well ...
It was during the alpha, few months ago ...

At this time, you had to change a "off" into "on" (or a "no" into "yes" or something like that, I do not remember) just behind the tunnel path feature in a config txt in the "install files" of the game.
And after a game reboot, the path react just as coaster rails. But I was more interested in the "suggestions/feedbacks/interactions with the devs" on the forum than by the game itself at that time. So ... I do not know if you can do it again.

Anyway, I think that if they hid this feature, it's maybe because this feature is not working properly for now ... so ... Patience, It will come back (and officially this time) one day, I'm sure [yesnod][up]
its an option for ride tunneling, but path tunneling has never been an option to date.

its an option for ride tunneling, but path tunneling has never been an option to date.
Are you sure ? [blah]
I don't remember to be honest.
If I'm wrong, then ... sorry, my bad.

Someone else who tried to change the config file at this time can confirm ?

Last edited:
This option does still exist, however the feature is still very buggy which is why it's not made it in to the game officially yet.

I strongly advise that you only use this feature to make your tunnels, then go back and turn the feature off to complete your path connections to rides and stores etc as this is where the issues lie. the paths don't line up correctly on these connections sometimes with this option on and your people will not queue up or exit rides.

The option can be found at C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Planet Coaster\Config and the option is <PathTunneling>false</PathTunneling> Change this to true

Good luck

I could do without auto-tunneling when laying out the path if at least hills pulled up over and around existing paths would close over them at the top like hills do over pre-existing ride tracks. Then you could just make your path as normal, then bury it. Right now, the path will always be in a canyon because the sides won't close over the top of them.

Top Bottom