I wonder if Frontier treats the forums and the posters here like the peeps in game in PC...

"41% - Management sucks!!"
"17% - Why are peeps complaining about queues being too long ingame?"
"22% - Where is our scenario editor!!"
"14% - I can't find the bug report forum!"
"19% - The path system is pretty buggy!!"
"16% - I can't stand all these complainers!!"
"28% - We need more flat rides!!"
"46% - Remove collision from scenery!"

Etc etc... :)

I bet BrettC has a spreadsheet for the above!! [haha][haha]

Its a fine line when it comes to customer happiness. You give to much you're never gonna get any sleep. Or you're going to over-extend yourself. Likewise you make promises or make statements you may put yourself into a hole. It just ends up being bad. Company I worked at use to treat every customer request we had. Any thing they wanted added to the application was added. Most of the time without any extra charge. For a 50 or so users that was fine. Then we started taking on 1000s. Some much larger more high profile then others. We tried at first. And ended up making a lot of people upset. Not to mention I was working 80 hour work weeks. We had to change. Or requests are much more rigid. If you want something you have to pay for it.

There are some people on here who are serial complainers. Spam 100s of posts with complaints. Many repeats. Trying to answer what you can. Promise what you can and keep yourself sane and your customers happier is not easy. I dont blame them for sitting back. And i hope they are trying to categorize what they can. This is a fourm tho not a support ticketing system. So im not surprised if half of this stuff gets ignored. Especially the serial complainers (you know who you are)

Two things to keep in mind. One no game is ever going to be perfect. Two: while constructive feedback is helpful and needed. There is a fine line between giving constructive feedback and flooding the fourms with each little nit-picking gripe.

no game is ever going to be perfect.
OMG! This such a non-argument! Aside of the serial complainers there are notorious fanboys on here who are living in denial.
Nobody is demanding perfection. This is not what the critique is about and you know it (if you don't, go back and actually read and/ or play the game).

Last edited:
5% said I need to go weewee. 16% said the queue is too long, stupid queue. 100% didn't want to ride the coaster cause it was too creative. I wonder what is next?.....

The game is really great. Frontier is very active on the forum. I'd say it's the best game to come out on PC, EVER! But I do think they should make the AI so that they aren't SOOOOO picky. They were never like this when the game was in Alpha.

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
Its a fine line when it comes to customer happiness. You give to much you're never gonna get any sleep. Or you're going to over-extend yourself. Likewise you make promises or make statements you may put yourself into a hole. It just ends up being bad. Company I worked at use to treat every customer request we had. Any thing they wanted added to the application was added. Most of the time without any extra charge. For a 50 or so users that was fine. Then we started taking on 1000s. Some much larger more high profile then others. We tried at first. And ended up making a lot of people upset. Not to mention I was working 80 hour work weeks. We had to change. Or requests are much more rigid. If you want something you have to pay for it.

There are some people on here who are serial complainers. Spam 100s of posts with complaints. Many repeats. Trying to answer what you can. Promise what you can and keep yourself sane and your customers happier is not easy. I dont blame them for sitting back. And i hope they are trying to categorize what they can. This is a fourm tho not a support ticketing system. So im not surprised if half of this stuff gets ignored. Especially the serial complainers (you know who you are)

Two things to keep in mind. One no game is ever going to be perfect. Two: while constructive feedback is helpful and needed. There is a fine line between giving constructive feedback and flooding the fourms with each little nit-picking gripe.

I worked somewhere similar. Every feature requested by the customer was 'high priority' and for free, even if us developers had reasons not to implement them. So the company lost loads of money and ended up with software which was not in the condition it should have been due to crazy and rushed requests that were 'urgent' [knockout]

Yep I serial "complain" but with constructive feedback throughout and this is what the forum is for. To talk about our issues. I know you are also on about FMX where I find around 90% of his topics of his post to be on point, just his ranting that frustrates and use of bad language.

However to suggest this forum isn't for this is silly when they have suggestions and ideas, and also a ticket system in form of a bug reporting system.

Honestly the whole point of going through Alpha and to keep doing what a lot of us are in terms of providing feedback is important including nit-picking because the finer details are what make a product go from good to great. I agree with seeker7 that the notion that no game is ever going to be perfect is not a justification for us as a community wanting to talk about all aspects of the game.

I mean I tried to play last night, lasted 20 mins, no challenge, got bored and turned it off because of the lack of the depth that Frontier said they were pushing for. It just isn't there and I will keep bringing this up to highlight it until it is resolved because at the moment there is not a game there for me to play from what was suggested, advertised and stated they wanted to provide.

About "serial complainers"....

According to Rock, Paper, Scissors this is from the PC website... (similar quotes can be found easily, all over the web)

“We’re giving you the best-ever design tools, crafting the most sophisticated management simulation, and bringing your parks to life with crowds you’ll love to thrill. Planet Coaster will give you total freedom to make your park unique, and a connected global village where you can share your creativity with the world.”

I seriously expected a better management system then RCT3 has.

(" the most sophisticated management simulation")

But the current management system is missing basic UI features even. Let alone some kind of expansion on the existing system (the RCT3 system that is)
I can make a whole list of missing management features and lack of depth
So I'm sorry if I ask questions about "the most sophisticated management simulation" not meeting my expectations.
The silence is deafening in this regard.

Not even a "We heard you. We are going to do A.B.C. to fix this" or "We will have a plan of action by the end of december"
None of that. Nothing in fact.

Costarring;149738 Snip.[/QUOTE said:
Maybe me, you and all the others on about management have got it wrong. Maybe "We" are meant to simulate our own management by making fiction up to provide that depth [rolleyes][squeeeeee]

But yes, exactly the reason, and a few devs posted and the streams they went on about all this depth, and the release trailer splashing a big Management across it and showing 5 seconds of menus with no context and yeah just everything that was shown, stated and missed on this side.

The "We will have a plan of action on how to improve this by end of December and know there is more to come so please bear with us whilst we work on this as we know you are all passionate and we want to provide you the tools to play the game how you want".

That sort of statement would be massive and just at least get people to be less "stressed/angry/irrational passionate" in the forums.

Last edited:
Oh, now I get it.
Thanks for 'splaining this.

We are supposed to simulate management in our brains. [up]

No seriously. Apart from lies, there is nothing more irritating then silence (after a big announcement).

Luckily it's:
tumblr_mccwzzThsu1r0wqrdo1_500.jpg

6f58586346f8ed83a60b08ec7ef5f3e9.jpg

Last edited:
The "We will have a plan of action on how to improve this by end of December and know there is more to come so please bear with us whilst we work on this as we know you are all passionate and we want to provide you the tools to play the game how you want".

That sort of statement would be massive and just at least get people to be less "stressed/angry/irrational passionate" in the forums.

No dev in their right mind would ever put out such a statement at this point. Making promises now and not delivering on them will not further trust. I suppose Frontier would need a good half year+ to get PC to the state it should have been at release. Various aspects are buggy, missing features and/or are fairly poor designed. So we're not talking about some small details. Every change to the game will need more testing and bug fixing, it's not as simple as adding some code here and there. I highly doubt Frontier will take that time, pretty sure there will be heavy compromises in regard to meeting the ambitious goals. Does this sound like PC to you at all?

The most sophisticated park simulation in gaming history makes management fun. Control every aspect of your park [...].

You can create anything in Planet Coaster! [...] Unparalleled freedom - Mix & match the thousands of unique themed building components. [...] Position, combine and intersect items your way.

Park guests individually react to every change you make like never before. Their sophisticated behavior combines with the limitless creative and strategic customization available and unparalleled range of high-quality coasters, rides and themed scenery from the community’s top creators to set a new standard of coaster park gameplay experience.

Last edited:
"A plan by december"

Never claimed "Fixed by december". (not only would that be unrealistic, it would put insane amounts of pressure on the Devs. Which they don't deserve. That would ammount to a "Pete Molyneux" (or empty promises or over promised etc.)

A plan though...

They can make a plan, right?
That is how problems are normally solved.

Or a "We heard you" (the very least...)

No dev in their right mind would ever put out such a statement at this point. Making promises now and not delivering on them will not further trust. I suppose Frontier would need a good half year+ to get PC to the state it should have been at release. Various aspects are buggy, missing features and/or are fairly poor designed. So we're not talking about some small details. Every change to the game will need more testing and bug fixing, it's not as simple as adding some code here and there. I highly doubt Frontier will take that time, pretty sure there will be heavy compromises in regard to meeting the ambitious goals. Does this sound like PC to you at all?

Em, not asking for a promise at all. A statement to say we want an action plan and are trying to do it internally is fine. I don't need to see the plan or anything, just that they are working on one and set some internal goals.

I don't want anything to be shown or given by December. It could be 6 months later as long as I know they are trying to work on it.

Brett C

Frontier
"41% - Management sucks!!"
"17% - Why are peeps complaining about queues being too long ingame?"
"22% - Where is our scenario editor!!"
"14% - I can't find the bug report forum!"
"19% - The path system is pretty buggy!!"
"16% - I can't stand all these complainers!!"
"28% - We need more flat rides!!"
"46% - Remove collision from scenery!"

Etc etc... :)

I bet BrettC has a spreadsheet for the above!! [haha][haha]

I do have a list.. but it's a list of me keeping tally of TJ being naughty this year.

Brett does love a spreadsheet.....

[wink][wink][wink][wink][wink][wink]

In all seriousness though, I am keeping tabs of feedback, be it complaints or compliments.

Em, not asking for a promise at all. A statement to say we want an action plan and are trying to do it internally is fine. I don't need to see the plan or anything, just that they are working on one and set some internal goals.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. In the development process there are many variables. Frontier got a to-do list with the items to work on sorted by priority (which I imagine at this point is bugfixing in the category 'severe' and performance optimization for the most part). There's a specific timeframe and budget they have to go through that list. Which items they will be able to check off within those (self-imposed) limits they can't be sure of. Things get delayed, certain tasks prove to be more difficult than expected, an improvement in one area leads to problems in another one... If Frontier said today "we are working on better management" and still the management never is improved - imagine the outrage. (Who's to say the devs actually want to work on whatever you got in mind anyway?)

There are various reasons why some things Frontier is planning to do/ working on now might still not make it in the game afterall. Any statement they put out is risky unless they know for certain they can deliver. From a devs perspective, why would you commit to anything if you don't have to?

Of course they could tell us some general nonsense along the lines of "we are aware of some problems and are working hard on improving the gaming experience" - but how significant is that?

They have already made these statements that have caused all this though that is the point. At the moment I feel that Frontier have not delivered on the statements they have given so already have the outcry from the community is all over the forum because of this.

I know how the process works. To suggest that they can't say, oh we have read the feedback and would like to work on this for the future is nothing more than at least just saying they are keen to try. If not and they don't intend to ever revisit the management then I would suggest they have not delivered on what they have already stated.

They already haven't delivered anything close to the "management matters" or the "we want this to be the deepest management ever" in fact this is probably the worst management theme park game out of Theme Park, RCT1-3 & Parkitect which I would rate all of them above this management at the moment.

I don't want promises. I want to hear that they are wanting to improve management. I know they read the feedback because they have stated they do and that is fine. I would like to know if they will be working on it. They are free to say no as well.

I will just stop providing my personal view on improvements/suggestions if that is the case and channel my feedback to something else in life. That is not a problem, the radio silence at the moment though does nothing but put people on edge.

The basics in their replies in certain areas are not helping. The fact that a competition from a month ago just suddenly had no winner, the lack of a couple of bullet points that just quenches peoples doubts when they just say "some bug fixes" but don't allowed to what those may be as if we have to guess and test the game all over again to confirm what they are for ourselves does not help.

We are all willing to give back, to provide further information, to report bugs, but things like this are hard to do when feedback from the devs is so sparse.

However I feel none of what you have stated correlates to what we as a community are asking tbh. It is a bit like a client of mine asking for an outline of the design principles based on their initial brief and then stating sorry we are not going to give you any idea on what we will design, work on or that yes we understand the brief and will do our best to fulfill it. We would have no custom at all if we worked like that.

Top Bottom