IMPORTANT: Magnificent Rides Collection coming on 18 December 2018!

My two primary theme parks growing up, Disney World's Magic Kingdom and Busch Gardens Tampa both had "sky rides" with open gondola vehicles. Busch Gardens still has them (https://buschgardens.com/tampa/rides/skyride/) while the Magic Kingdom's ride closed down a while back. However, Disney World is now installing an extensive system of transportation based on the technology. Not sure why people are saying that these rides don't make any sense in a theme park.

Magic Kingdom...
14054688891_22b6186a92_b.jpg

Even Florida's state fair has the chairlift style ride...
FloridaStateFair2.JPG

a LOT of parks have skylifts, not so many with actual benches like a ski lift maybe, but the gondola style skylifts are super common in the U.S. parks at least.

U say a lot of parks and then speak of the US parks, yes the US has a LoT of parks,but i've never seen them in disneyland paris,portaventura,gardaland,europapark,phantasialand, or parc asterix and that are the biggest european parks,except for alton towers maybe.
I'm talking about Europe not the US parks.

Also, many people have said that the cars on these rides never stop moving and that would be a problem with the stations in Planet Coaster. However, the "Sky Rides" I've been on come into the station and disengage from the cable for loading and unloading. An attendant "catches" the car and bring it to a stop on the one side of the station for passengers to unload. After the passengers unload, he pushes the car around to the other side of the station where another attendant catches it and holds it in place for riders to board. After the riders board and the door is closed he pushes it along where a mechanism re-attaches it to the cable to send it on it's way. (Not trying to say people are wrong, I just wanted to share this in case you it's interesting to you. Also, this exact scenario still probably isn't possible with Planet Coaster's station system anyway.)

Watch at 1:40...
[video=youtube_share;YJ-xG24Zcg4]https://youtu.be/YJ-xG24Zcg4?t=100[/video]

Watch at 6:24...
[video=youtube_share;MRYcMUWTbJs]https://youtu.be/MRYcMUWTbJs?t=384[/video]

U say a lot of parks and then speak of the US parks, yes the US has a LoT of parks,but i've never seen them in disneyland paris,portaventura,gardaland,europapark,phantasialand, or parc asterix and that are the biggest european parks,except for alton towers maybe.
I'm talking about Europe not the US parks.

So, they should only include stuff that are in a lot of European parks?? Fact is that skylifts are in a lot of parks around the world, just because where you're located happens to not have many doesn't mean what I said isn't a fact. On top of it, this is definitely one of the most requested rides by far, of course there are other rides that are also heavily requested, but this one is definitely up there as one of the most requested ones, also a fact. Maybe they're prepping for a "water rides" (not slides/water parks) DLC in the future, who knows? For now though, this is what we got, the addition is justified both by number of requests from the community as well as the number of parks containing them.

Also, many people have said that the cars on these rides never stop moving and that would be a problem with the stations in Planet Coaster. However, the "Sky Rides" I've been on come into the station and disengage from the cable for loading and unloading. An attendant "catches" the car and bring it to a stop on the one side of the station for passengers to unload. After the passengers unload, he pushes the car around to the other side of the station where another attendant catches it and holds it in place for riders to board. After the riders board and the door is closed he pushes it along where a mechanism re-attaches it to the cable to send it on it's way.

https://youtu.be/YJ-xG24Zcg4?t=100

https://youtu.be/MRYcMUWTbJs?t=384

Ahh, I liked the Busch Gardens chairlift with gondolas!

I KNEW IT!!!! CHAIRLIFT!!!

Never doubted their ability to get this in game! Will place this nicely in my upcoming Cedar Point recreation!

Also, many people have said that the cars on these rides never stop moving and that would be a problem with the stations in Planet Coaster. However, the "Sky Rides" I've been on come into the station and disengage from the cable for loading and unloading. An attendant "catches" the car and bring it to a stop on the one side of the station for passengers to unload. After the passengers unload, he pushes the car around to the other side of the station where another attendant catches it and holds it in place for riders to board. After the riders board and the door is closed he pushes it along where a mechanism re-attaches it to the cable to send it on it's way. (Not trying to say people are wrong, I just wanted to share this in case you it's interesting to you. Also, this exact scenario still probably isn't possible with Planet Coaster's station system anyway.)

Watch at 1:40...
https://youtu.be/YJ-xG24Zcg4?t=100

Watch at 6:24...
https://youtu.be/MRYcMUWTbJs?t=384

That are both parks in the US

So, they should only include stuff that are in a lot of European parks?? Fact is that skylifts are in a lot of parks around the world, just because where you're located happens to not have many doesn't mean what I said isn't a fact. On top of it, this is definitely one of the most requested rides by far, of course there are other rides that are also heavily requested, but this one is definitely up there as one of the most requested ones, also a fact. Maybe they're prepping for a "water rides" (not slides/water parks) DLC in the future, who knows? For now though, this is what we got, the addition is justified both by number of requests from the community as well as the number of parks containing them.

This guy said and so far people have only presented me with chairlifts either in the UK or the USA,never seen any chairlift in a themepark in Europe(except for UK).

This guy said and so far people have only presented me with chairlifts either in the UK or the USA,never seen any chairlift in a themepark in Europe(except for UK).

Whatever, I've made my point. The addition is valid for many reasons, if you don't understand why then that's on you.

I love the all the new attractions. Are there any informations, if there are still new functions with the update, besides performance improvements?

Why are tgere so many people saying chairlifts dont exist at parks.. thud is and was..always a big park ride. More often in the older days than new but.. we dont really need a lot of modwrn rides every single time the classic stuff is great for making parks look classic. Many.. many.. many parks had them in the 70s and 80s.. and quite a few still do. Are they nore so in American parks. Maybe. I cant answer that as I dont know many european parks.. but i bet if you look at the history of most of them thdy most likely did have one at some point rather its still there or not.. and so what if it is only american theme parks. As someone rlse stated donyou honestly expect every thing in this game to be catered to europeans. We hwre the states have a fondness for theme parks too you know.. you are not specially priviliged to have the entire gamr devoted to one regional area. And to keep arguing about it even though you have been shown many facts and listed parks that have have these.. is just pointless. I wasnt expecting the chairlifts to be added until friday when we saw the leaked pics.. but I am definitely glad we got them. I have many uses for them.. also early this morning i saw someone say ohh well i guess i have to maje an alpi e park now.. these dont exist in alpine parks.. and you dont have to do anything. If you dont like it. Dont use it. Just like i dont use thr space shuttle ride.. or the peoplemover.. or lije any rides from studios pack. It was a highlt requested ride by almost everyonr in the community who build realistic theme parks. It was in rct.. and belongs in a theme park game. I personally thought this was the best dlc even before friday. So get over uourself and go on about your day. Buy it. Or dont. Thats your call

I already said yesterday that (at least) the following EU parks: Slagharen (NL), PlopsaCoo (BE), Panoramapark (DE), Kollmarden (SE), Legendia (PL), Alton Towers (UK), Parque d’attractiones (ES) have them. You as EuroparkFreak (on Youtube), should know that EuopaPark (DE) is planning a massive-one. So maybe in a couple of years, you are familliar with a skyride in a park nearby.

Legendia, Poland, has the exact same design as the Planco-one...

Yay! I've wanted one of these since release ;)

BTW, did anybody notice the last chair moving from right to left in the teaser (about 0:10) had its foot rests folded?

Top Bottom