Update 1.10.2

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
Hayo coaster friends!

We're excited to announce that update 1.10.2 is now live! This update focuses on some QoL issues that we've been reviewing based on your feedback and reports over the past couple of months. We've run tests and are seeing an average 3.5x faster game loading and 2x faster game shut down, depending on the setup - players with high spec PCs should see even greater improvements. This update should also address the Toolkit problems and performance issues you've been flagging with us.

We appreciate your patience in letting us delve deep into these reports as well as your help in getting us images and hardware information that have been vital to solving them! As always, if you encounter any issues with the game, please let us know in the Bug Reports.

Thank you so much for your continued support.

Update Notes

Thememaker's Toolkit Improvements and Bug Fixes
  • Improvements to Thememaker's Toolkit usability and performance
  • Toolkit browser is now significantly more responsive
  • Fix for being subscribed or having more than 60+ Toolkit items
  • Crash fix when selecting a Toolkit item
Loading and Shutdown Improvements and Bug Fixes
  • Improvements to game loading time, especially when subscribed to a large number of Toolkit items
  • Improvements to reduce shutdown time
  • Improved load time when loading into a park.
  • Fix for shutdown crash
Guest performance Improvements
  • Crowd system memory and performance optimisation
Ride Performance Improvements
  • Ride and Tracked Ride optimisation to help improve frame rate on large parks

- Chanté [yesnod][heart]

This is very good to see - will make diving into the game much easier when you have a moment of creativity. Thanks team!

Question - I'm not at my PC at the moment but can anyone check (or can anyone on the dev team confirm) if this also addresses the latency sometimes experienced when opening menus in-game (Rides/Scenery/Etc) normally there's a few seconds wait before the menu opens, would be amazing if this update also addressed this.

Just took me 11 seconds from pressing play on steam and hitting the main menu!!

I love you frontier I would do anything for you you treat me so good <3

Question - I'm not at my PC at the moment but can anyone check (or can anyone on the dev team confirm) if this also addresses the latency sometimes experienced when opening menus in-game (Rides/Scenery/Etc) normally there's a few seconds wait before the menu opens, would be amazing if this update also addressed this.

Okay so I've just got in, bear in mind all this is anecdotal and im in a HUGE (150k+++ objects) park!!

The problem I had before was that clicking a building tab was that they both took an ice age to open and then it took three ice ages for the list to populate. Personally speaking I feel like the tabs still open at the same speed - I've just counted about 4-5 seconds on each tab, but now the items are instantly there!! A problem I had before was that I would click the toolkit items tab and then sit there waiting for thumbnails to load, now this is fixed and I am so so happy!

This sounds very promising, thanks a lot!

Will this also solve/reduce the issue will the laggy and slow loading of scenery and building items when browsing them?

Yeah this sounds great but the building and scenery menu load times were the killer for me. 2 to 3 minutes to open those. Was this fixed?

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I'm very happy to see that the initial reports indicate that the game's performance has improved! :D

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Yeah this sounds great but the building and scenery menu load times were the killer for me. 2 to 3 minutes to open those. Was this fixed?

With the improvements to the framerate and Thememaker's Toolkit items some people may experience a small improvement but this would be the result of overall improvements rather than a menu specific focus.

Top Bottom