Update 1.10.2

It does not focus specifically on menu loading times currently, though with the other adjustments some people may see an improvement.
I really wonder why some people could see an improvement instead of all. What does this depends on? Is it the amount of subscribed TMTK items?

Last edited:

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
I really wonder why some people could see an improvement instead of all. What does this depends on? Is it the amount of subscribed TMTK items?

Updates like this depend on various factors, but most importantly the system people are running the game on. As PCs can be heavily customised, the combination of PC specs varies massively, meaning that one difference in a PC can change how the game plays for you. It's the same reason some people experienced TMT problems to begin with, whereas many had no issue at all.

Thanks for your hard work. I'm going to try to load my game immediately to see if there's any results! [big grin][up]

Thank you Frontier for your hard work, the improvements in performance is much noticeable. Planet Coaster now loads instantly to main menu, no more stuck on Cobra logo, the items menus loads objects instantly, the fps is improved and Planet Coaster doesn't crash when closing it. I have over 1000 TMTK items installed.

Thank you Frontier for your hard work, the improvements in performance is much noticeable. Planet Coaster now loads instantly to main menu, no more stuck on Cobra logo, the items menus loads objects instantly, the fps is improved and Planet Coaster doesn't crash when closing it. I have over 1000 TMTK items installed.

For reference, what are your system specs if I may ask?

So I noticed my game loads up way faster, but my Six Flags park still takes awhile to load. I guess that's to be expected though since it's a huge and detailed park. My Toolkit items still take some time to load too, but that just might be because of my huge park. I will probably have to try my small parks to see if there's any significance.

So I went to click on Toolkit items a 2nd time in my biggest park and it just crashed. :(

Edit: Never mind, false alarm. It said it crashed, but the game is still going. Weird.

You guys/girls at Frontier are the best. Thank you for listening and acting on the needs of the community. We all appreciate the hard work you put into keeping this game running smoothly. Thank you so much :)

Thank you thank you thank you! I just loaded up the game, so nice to not have to wait anymore. Give my best regards to the programmers!

The loading time for the Cobra screen didn't bother me too much before as I didn't have many TMT items installed, but there was only a few seconds wait now.

Opening the game file was faster. Still took seven minutes, but it's a large bench and that's an improvement. Fraps showed that much of the time the game was loading at 60 - 65 fps, with a few times when it either froze or dropped down to low single digits. That's also an improvement.

When the park opened the fps was improved - 15-18 fps. Up from 4 to 7 fps before in a paused closed park, no peeps, all shops and rides closed (except a steam train).

I didn't open the TMT menu, but the others showed improvement, opening quickly and the populating with thumbnails much faster than before even if not as quickly as it did months ago.

After working in the game for 20 minutes or so I noticed that the fps rate was gradually slowing down. When I quit for this session it was back down to the 4-7 fps I often got before.

Navigating using the directional keys was quirky. They didn't want to work when zoomed in, when zoomed way out they worked but so slowly that you could barely see any motion. This may well be entirely my own doing as I may have bumped something so I'll check for it next session before thinking it a bug.

I always save the park file separately from exiting the game to be safe. When I exited this time I noticed a 'frame' around the screen I'd never seen before for a moment, then the game 'froze' for about ten seconds until going black and the Steam screen popping up. No crashes.

So overall I see improvement in a lot of areas, so thank you! I'm beginning to suspect that large, detailed sandbox parks are just going to be a problem for many of us...

So overall I see improvement in a lot of areas, so thank you! I'm beginning to suspect that large, detailed sandbox parks are just going to be a problem for many of us...

Well i think this is the tradeoff for having so much freedom in the Game.

When starting the game it will be automatically updated??? Why does it still says it's build 1.10.1.59972? I don't see any improvement. The game still crashes when closing it.

When starting the game it will be automatically updated??? Why does it still says it's build 1.10.1.59972? I don't see any improvement. The game still crashes when closing it.

Check in Steam. Open the game settings and look if you have selected the option "keep game updated".

Woaah great job, my loading times have improved drastically[big grin].
The game is actually playable again, thanks for all the hard work[heart]

Top Bottom