For the love of GOD!!! Is there a way to stop Paths from hugging every nook and cranny of the terrain?

I just want to create a path that goes straight, but it wants to hug every bump in the ground. It even sometimes prevents me from going forward because it says "too uneven" or "obstructed". I know I can dig a huge hole to build a bridge. But sometimes I don't want to do that. Sometimes I just want to path to stay flat, move forward, and not hug every bump or dip in the road. Is there an option for this? A setting?

You can use the 'flatten to foundation' tool in the terrain editor. When you'll use this tool, every piece of terrain you fly over will be brought to the same level as the piece of terrain you started from. Does this help you?

It would be good if you could click an option for automatic leveling when placing paths, but until then the above answer given by Heurtaux is your best option.

The flattern to foundation is a cop out excuse. Sometimes you want multiple layers, sometimes you want a slant and not everything flat, but this game makes it impossible. And once you lay the path it's game over for any terrain editing since it's forced scenery lock... (so frustrating).

The flattern to foundation is a cop out excuse. Sometimes you want multiple layers, sometimes you want a slant and not everything flat, but this game makes it impossible. And once you lay the path it's game over for any terrain editing since it's forced scenery lock... (so frustrating).

All true, but the OP just refers to straight pathing. And the flatten tool is very useful for this. But I stand by Mischief Minion's suggestion, to have the terrain conform to a path.

It would be good if you could click an option for automatic leveling when placing paths, but until then the above answer given by Heurtaux is your best option.

This is the thread winner. Automatic leveling while placing paths as a checkbox option would be fantastic. That way you can have it hug terrain if you want, or auto level if you want. Best of both worlds.

6dGwHwD.jpg

You can use the 'flatten to foundation' tool in the terrain editor. When you'll use this tool, every piece of terrain you fly over will be brought to the same level as the piece of terrain you started from. Does this help you?

That doesn't always help unfortunately. Like if I'm building a path near any existing path or ride, the ground nearby won't level off.
Or in my case, I was trying to build a path from one path to another. But the small dent in the ground nearby kept making the new path wrap around the whole in t he ground. Half the path would twist and be pulled down underground where the small dip in the road was. But no setting I coudl find bwoudl allow me to make the path IGNORE curves or dents in the road. Only thing I coudl do was build an elevated bridge.

I just wish there was a feature that let you build a path that did NOT conform to every hill, bump, dip, bend in the ground path. If you laying down brick on a hill, the brick gets all stretchy and curvy.

Definitely should be a toggle for thing.

That doesn't always help unfortunately. Like if I'm building a path near any existing path or ride, the ground nearby won't level off.
Or in my case, I was trying to build a path from one path to another. But the small dent in the ground nearby kept making the new path wrap around the whole in t he ground. Half the path would twist and be pulled down underground where the small dip in the road was. But no setting I coudl find bwoudl allow me to make the path IGNORE curves or dents in the road. Only thing I coudl do was build an elevated bridge.

I just wish there was a feature that let you build a path that did NOT conform to every hill, bump, dip, bend in the ground path. If you laying down brick on a hill, the brick gets all stretchy and curvy.

Definitely should be a toggle for thing.

You could work around this by deleting the last piece of path first, make the whole place flattend to foundation. You could also elevate the flatride, make that bit of terrain flat and lower the flatride to its original height. I know it should be easier, but right now you'll be needing these tricks.

(Haven't read what's been said already but here's my suggestion.)

I was just building a bridge over a river... if you build a slight incline and then continue the path, you can delete the initial incline and then rebuild it from the continued part. It's much smoother.

Sorry tried to edit but couldn't

How about we have a check box to bring up check boxes so you can have more check boxes to check like this:

[ ] Do you want to make a path - opens a set of check boxes:

[ ] Path width :
[ ] 4 meter
[ ] 5 meter
[ ] 6 meter
[ ] 7 meter
[ ] 8 meter
[ ] 9 meter
[ ] 10 meter

[ ] length:
[ ] 1 meter
[ ] 2 meter
[ ] 3 meter
[ ]4 meter
[ ] 5 meter

[ ] straight

[ ] curved:
[ ] left
[ ] right
[ ] 11 degree
[ ] 15 degree
[ ] 22 degree
[ ] 30 degree
[ ] 45 degree
[ ] 60 degree
[ ] 90 degree

[ ] flat
[ ] steps :
[ ] up
[ ] down

[ ] slope:
[ ] up
[ ] down

/ Press to make path /

Last edited:

How about we have a check box to bring up check boxes so you can have more check boxes to check like this:

[ ] Path width :
[ ] 4 meter
[ ] 5 meter
[ ] 6 meter
[ ] 7 meter
[ ] 8 meter
[ ] 9 meter
[ ] 10 meter

[ ] length:
[ ] 1 meter
[ ] 2 meter
[ ] 3 meter
[ ]4 meter
[ ] 5 meter

[ ] straight

[ ] curved:
[ ] left
[ ] right
[ ] 11 degree
[ ] 15 degree
[ ] 22 degree
[ ] 30 degree
[ ] 45 degree
[ ] 60 degree
[ ] 90 degree

[ ] flat
[ ] steps :
[ ] up
[ ] down

[ ] slope:
[ ] up
[ ] down

/ Press to make path /

you forgot the check box to confirm you want to place the path where it currently is

[ ] Path width :
[ ] 4 meter
[ ] 5 meter
[ ] 6 meter
[ ] 7 meter
[ ] 8 meter
[ ] 9 meter
[ ] 10 meter

[ ] length:
[ ] 1 meter
[ ] 2 meter
[ ] 3 meter
[ ]4 meter
[ ] 5 meter

[ ] straight

[ ] curved:
[ ] left
[ ] right
[ ] 11 degree
[ ] 15 degree
[ ] 22 degree
[ ] 30 degree
[ ] 45 degree
[ ] 60 degree
[ ] 90 degree

[ ] flat
[ ] steps :
[ ] up
[ ] down

[ ] slope:
[ ] up
[ ] down

/ Press to make path /

This is not as in-depth as I'd like... could use some more checkboxes! What about path color? Need checkboxes for path color! [haha]

What about when the terrain dips down slightly and I want to keep my path level, above the terrain. I should at least be able to keep a path level.

Simply add more angles to the u/j commands. Including a 0 angle to remain level (above the ground, no matter how close it is)

What about when the terrain dips down slightly and I want to keep my path level, above the terrain. I should at least be able to keep a path level.

Simply add more angles to the u/j commands. Including a 0 angle to remain level (above the ground, no matter how close it is)

Yes, if the path thinks "Terrain too uneven!!!" when it meets a dip, instead of just complaining to me about it, I'd like the path to attempt to carry on horizontally, raised above the dip instead of expecting me to deal with it by sloping the path *upwards* when it meets the dip. That is zany!

Top Bottom