IMPORTANT: Update 1.5 - Adventure Pack LIVE now!

Just a short question.

How are the boatrides intended to be used as a dark ride? I have to place at least two stations. Otherwise i get notices like: "There is nowhere to go." or "Boatide is too slow." There is also no prestige.
Do i have to switch something or choose something?

I would like to do a fantasy darkride with a boat flying through a dreamworld.

Last edited:
Just a short question.

How are the boatrides intended to be used as a dark ride? I have to place at least two stations. Otherwise i get notices like: "There is nowhere to go." or "Boatide is too slow." There is also no prestige.
Do i have to switch something or choose something?

I would like to do a fantasy darkride with a boat flying through a dreamworld.

So you cant use them as the real jungle cruise track ride?
Really dissapointed if thats the case.
Maybe they could add an option to use them as transport or darkride on the rides menu?

So you cant use them as the real jungle cruise track ride?
Really dissapointed if thats the case.
Maybe they could add an option to use them as transport or darkride on the rides menu?

The patch notes say they should be working as both transport and track ride.
Haven't tested it yet (last 15 minutes of work) but they should.

The patch notes say they should be working as both transport and track ride.
Haven't tested it yet (last 15 minutes of work) but they should.

I cant play the game right now, but if somebody could make the test with guests?
If you are getting messages of guest not wanting to get inside becuase theres no second station as Periocus says, then it means they dont work that well as trackrides.

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
I cant play the game right now, but if somebody could make the test with guests?
If you are getting messages of guest not wanting to get inside becuase theres no second station as Periocus says, then it means they dont work that well as trackrides.

Im home now, on my way testing [happy]

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Thanks vampiro. Post your findings when you can :D

Unfortunatly i can confirm the ride is just and only a transport ride. People will only ride it to go to a certain destination.

I havent been testing for too much yet but when i open up any other tracked ride, it instantly attracts a LOT of guests. Right now I build a 1 station version of Ship Ahoy and in 6 month's time only 15 people did ride it.

I love the ride for what it is, but i must admit im dissapointed that the ride only works as a transport.

Last edited:
Unfortunatly i can confirm the ride is just and only a transport ride. People will only ride it to go to a certain destination.

I havent been testing for too much yet but when i open up any other tracked ride, it instantly attracts a LOT of guests. Right now I build a 1 station version of Ship Ahoy and in 6 month's time only 15 people did ride it.

I love the ride for what it is, but i must admit im dissapointed that the ride only works as a transport.

They really need to change this then, the rides usefulness is practically zero if it cant be as a trackride.

Has the Adventure Pack been taken down? It's not on the DLC content to buy!!

For whatever reason, it's not showing in the DLC list yet, but you can get it here:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/768830/Planet_Coaster__Adventure_Pack/

I agree about the boat ride. Having a track ride version would've been wonderful. Maybe, it's just an oversight or programming issue. Everything else is awesome though, I do love the pack!...and look at all that new foliage, woot!

Last edited:
this has to be the best pack release to date...I would say it even almost qualifies as an expansion pack its so good. Nice work Frontier and well worth the money for this one!!! Basically any plans I have for upcoming parks has now totally changed as its like I got a whole new game now.

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
They really need to change this then, the rides usefulness is practically zero if it cant be as a trackride.

I hate to say this, but i agree...

Again, the ride is beautifull and i don't want to be unthankfull but i really had the impression it could be used as a darkride as well, and the way it is right now we can't.
I really hope this will be changed and / or added.

Last edited:

Exactly this! its throughput is terrible for a transport ride only, Not sure why it would have even been considered a transport ride in the first place with how little it can hold compared to others. Lets hope this is an easy change

Agreed. Our new boatride and the old monorail: hopefully they both change so we can choose their functionality as being a regular tracked ride or transport.

Agreed. Our new boatride and the old monorail: hopefully they both change so we can choose their functionality as being a regular tracked ride or transport.

One of the you tube videos showed it as a ride with one station. But he had to actually connect the paths to get it to work.

One of the you tube videos showed it as a ride with one station. But he had to actually connect the paths to get it to work.

Ok I'll try to get mine to work. Right now, guests think both the monorail and boatride are boring with nowhere to go. I just want them to sightsee, not transport somewhere else in the park lol.

Last edited:

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator

You can make it work as a ride with only 1 station. But then the ride will hardly attract any guests as it takes them nowhere. And guests ride them to get somewhere mainly.

Top Bottom