NOTICE: Magnificent Rides Collection Delay

i am so sad

Dear coaster friends,

We hope that you are having a nice time preparing for the holidays with your loved ones.

We know that a lot of you are eager to get your hands on the Magnificent Rides Collection today, and so we are sorry to announce a slight delay in its availability to you. Sadly, we have just discovered a serious issue with Skies (the chairlift), which means that the ride doesn’t function as intended.

At Frontier we continuously strive to deliver content of the highest possible quality to our community and feel that this particular issue would hamper your game experience. Therefore, to ensure that you can fully enjoy this wonderful selection of rides and coasters, we have to delay the release of the Magnificent Rides Collection.

We are currently working incredibly hard to fix this problem and aiming to launch in the next few days.

We apologise for any disappointment caused and we will keep you posted with any updates as they come in. Please keep an eye on our official channels for more news.

Thank you so much for your understanding, patience, and support.

<3 from the Planet Coaster Team.

i am so sad!

Well i'm preparing for the tracker while you guys fix the bug [big grin][up]deal?
3K90Zqw.jpg

My opinion throughout:

This is what has me confused. The DLC needs to be delayed for a quality issue, good on them for catching it before release (if too late to avoid delaying the release to fix it). But what about the bugfixes? Is there something wrong with them? If not, they should be released today as scheduled.
I think it has to do with the way updates are put out. The updates have the DLC included in them. When buying them you only activate the DLC instead of downloading it seperately. Therefor if they wanted to release the update as a standalone they would probably have to rebuild the entire update. It's fine that it takes a few days longer. What's a few days?
My opinion throughout:

If you don't care then good for you (and me, I wasn't going to be able to get into it much anyway for the next few weeks minimum), but there are people for whom this is a bigger problem. I'm reluctant to dismiss the impact out of hand just because it's not hitting me this time.

Frontier has done bugfilx/quality updates before without them being part of a content/DLC update, and they could've set it up that way this time -- but chose not to, for reasons that I'm sure seemed like a good idea to them then. But I'd say this clearly shows that bugfilx/quality updates should not be bundled in with content/DLC updates.

It's better to wait for a fixed update as to install an update for all the known issues and five minutes later you've got the same problems as before.

But now we know, what could happen, if you announce a new Update/DLC etc. to early.

Last edited:
Hey Frontier, just take time u need. =)

And its super professionale to wait with the release instead to upload a broken DLC.

Great work, this is why this game is so amazing. =)

literally my only day off this week haha

why not just remove the chairlift from the pack and launch the pack and give the chairlift to people that own the pack later?
seriously tho i know i speak for my self by saying this but im never going to use the chair lifts just saying , i just want the roller coasters and the s&s towers , release the coasters lol,

seriously tho i know i speak for my self by saying this but im never going to use the chair lifts just saying , i just want the roller coasters and the s&s towers , release the coasters lol,

Me too, the only positive thing i see in it, is that it hopefully introduces continous motion to stations,so that we can have an omnimover in the game(haunted mansion,carnaval festival,Geisterschloss)[wink]

Delay...

Funny thing is this is the first DLC I WASN’T going to buy on the day of release.... but now I know it has a chair lift i’m dead keen, been wanting one since I first started playing.
I agree though, happy to wait for you to get it all working tickety boo, don’t want a stressed out Xmas breK yelling at my PC
Good kuck Frontier Devs, hope the solution isn’t too hard to find

My opinion throughout:

If you don't care then good for you (and me, I wasn't going to be able to get into it much anyway for the next few weeks minimum), but there are people for whom this is a bigger problem. I'm reluctant to dismiss the impact out of hand just because it's not hitting me this time.

Frontier has done bugfilx/quality updates before without them being part of a content/DLC update, and they could've set it up that way this time -- but chose not to, for reasons that I'm sure seemed like a good idea to them then. But I'd say this clearly shows that bugfilx/quality updates should not be bundled in with content/DLC updates.

i honestly don't see why this could be a problem. It's not being able to play a game. I do not call that a problem, just a bit annoying. I know there have been updates without DLC, but every DLC came with an update, and every DLC has been packaged this way. And because of one time that this happens they should not bundle the updates/DLC together? I am happy that they do, so that i don't have to download extra updates every time a new DLC comes out.

Take your time Frontier!

For those who think Frontier can carve a bug fix patch out of the full code release the same day the bug is discovered, all I can say is:

[video=youtube;PmDVHs-juPo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmDVHs-juPo[/video]

Top Bottom