Planet Coaster 2019

yes, but wasn't that available for Torque before? may i was too blind yesterday, but i was quite sure there is just a single launch track part to select and that one had all the necessary options..

hadn't checked Formula 1 coaster.. will look now.

edit:

forget that whole thing. i was blind, it's a different item in the menu.

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
I’ll take whatever they have to give us. There might be some things I would change but i’m not gonna complain and nitpick.

Frontier devs: You’ve done a great job!! keep up the good work.

I’ll take whatever they have to give us. There might be some things I would change but i’m not gonna complain and nitpick.

Frontier devs: You’ve done a great job!! keep up the good work.

That's the thing. I think we will see quite a few more cycles of the following:

1. Frontier announces something.
2. Some people will complain about how requested ride X isn't added and how outstanding issue Y isn't tackled.
2. Other people will cheerlead Frontier like they are the best human beings since the inventor of sliced bread.
3. And both "camps" are buying anything Frontier throws at them regardless, no matter how sparse or half-arsed the new content may be.
4. ???
5. Profit! (for Frontier) [big grin]

New biomes are on the top of my "Do want!" list. A sandy desert biome, coastal beach, ocean island...

I know they’ve said it takes a lot of time to make biomes, but what if they made an all water biome where you still had the terrain editing capabilities but removed the water editing? That way you wouldn’t have to make a skirt for the biome, it could just be endless water, and the player would have the ability to raise and lower the land to make islands or a beach.

with the thememakers toolkit frontier will focus on rides... that is my speculation for late 2018 and 2019 [wacky][yesnod]

I know they’ve said it takes a lot of time to make biomes, but what if they made an all water biome where you still had the terrain editing capabilities but removed the water editing? That way you wouldn’t have to make a skirt for the biome, it could just be endless water, and the player would have the ability to raise and lower the land to make islands or a beach.

This is such a basic addition I can't believe they haven't done it. Literally all they have to do is start the terrain under the water level and have the entire map be water.

This is such a basic addition I can't believe they haven't done it. Literally all they have to do is start the terrain under the water level and have the entire map be water.
+1! [up] Although I disagree with disabling water editing -- instead I'd recommend a "false" non-restrictive water plane throughout the biome, so players could still put lakes and water features in elevated land above it. This would have the unfortunate effect of an in-ground "water table" you could run into while building underground, but that'd be a small issue that shouldn't prevent this from being implemented.

That's the thing. I think we will see quite a few more cycles of the following:

1. Frontier announces something.
2. Some people will complain about how requested ride X isn't added and how outstanding issue Y isn't tackled.
2. Other people will cheerlead Frontier like they are the best human beings since the inventor of sliced bread.
3. And both "camps" are buying anything Frontier throws at them regardless, no matter how sparse or half-arsed the new content may be.
4. ???
5. Profit! (for Frontier) [big grin]

So true! And not so good for us, players :D.

I must agree that even though I´m starting to be a bit more unhappy as time goes by, I still buy the DLCs, although not all and since the last one, I will think twice before buying another one in the future.

I understand some people are angry that they haven´t got what they wanted. Frontiers cannot please anyone. Although it´s also important some of these people are right. Speaking for myself, I would like to see a looooads of new rides and they never got added and some probably never will. That´s what I can live with and can understand.

Although as someone who is more shifted towards the management, as I enjoy creating something beautiful, but with some challenge as it makes me more proud of the creation, I understand with people who are complaining about lack of management features and improvements and general QoL. I must say, I understand that.

Also, not sure if I´m the only one, but with each DLC, I think the game runs worse and loading takes longer and longer, so people complaining about some optimization are also correct I think. So yea, not everything can be fulfilled, but I hope Frontier´s are responsible and can recognize the priorities. And that is clear, priority shouldn´t be new scenery from now on. And with "Theme maker", I became optimistic that they realized that and want to shift their focus on QoL, new rides, management and optimization. One can only wish [mouth shut]

I would love a full water biome.

But i think the major problem with water is that it always needs a body of terrain around it.

But wat if we could have a invisible terrain "texture" at the edge of the map.
But water behaves somewhat unpredictable in the game.

A fixed layer as suggested is of course also an option. Because water is already just a layer of texture.

I would love a full water biome.

But i think the major problem with water is that it always needs a body of terrain around it.

But wat if we could have a invisible terrain "texture" at the edge of the map.
But water behaves somewhat unpredictable in the game.

A fixed layer as suggested is of course also an option. Because water is already just a layer of texture.

Ahh water, I wish it was at least as good as in RCT3 (with Soaked)

More quality of life fixes i.e the paths I don't understand why the path texture are not the same for both ques and normal paths or maybe create your own ques where u can choose the path texture and then change the ques fence. Also more flat rides and different roller coaster track pieces like turntables ect.

+1 for real dark rides, I don't like the current system that turns the daytime to simulate the night because some of my dark rides are hybrid (inside/outside).

I would also like many more signboards and fonts to allow people creating ride signboards more easily.

Last edited:
Speculation alert

I'm going to side with the latter. With the introduction of the Thememaker's Toolkit I think Frontier is signalling they're ready to move away from DLC that are predominantly theme based going forward. They're not likely to stop doing paid content updates, they just won't resemble the kind of packs we've seen previously, they'll instead allow the community to fill the gaps in this area.

It's also a bit of an omen that the Thememaker's Toolkit update will bear the version number 1.9.0, whilst it's not unheard of to go to 1.10.0 in the next iteration this tends to lead to confusion in the general population between it and 1.1.0 as people have a tendency to drop the zeros when they refer to the version numbers so many will refer to 1.10 as 1.1 adding ambiguity.

That being the case I think the next major update after 1.9.0 will go ahead and up the version number to 2.0.0 so only an epic update would do that version number justice but if they are switching up to major expansions going forward be prepared for a much longer wait between major builds.

My prediction Thememaker's Toolkit (1.9.0) around the second anniversary of the game's launch in mid-November and Planet Coaster's first major expansion (no, not water parks or zoos ;)) around 6 months later.

Sounds good to me, I hope this is the way they proceed with the game's future.

Soaked and Wild kind of "add ons" with new content in every possible way would be fantastic. Also new systems, aso..
Yeah, functional things, with new systems and more would be
fantaaastic! And much more!

I actually kind of miss something,
feelingwise. With rct 1-3, there was this special kind of spheric / immersive feeling, also with scenarios, even abstract / surreal
ones!

Last edited:
From the videos I watched on YouTube, I suppose this game desperately needs performance optimisations for large number of guests in a park.

Also where's the elevators/lifts and escalators? This was asked for two years but nothing comes out...

In 2019 Planet Coaster will be absolutely the same than as it is in 2018 ... but with lots of more building elements, animatronics, flat and track rides, coasters and many more new features ;)

Tbh I'm wishing for a Planet Coaster 2. With much needed fundamental engine improvements and basic things like proper paths. I feel like all of frontiers passion went into the terrain, and thats fantastic, but other places are lacking their love.

Tbh I'm wishing for a Planet Coaster 2.

Given that Elite: Dangerous had a 5 year plan released 2 years ago and the ThemeMaker Toolkit is about to be released that will increase the shelf-life of PlanCo, I'd safely say that this won't be happening any time soon.

What we MIGHT see.. even though it's been previously ruled out because of accessibility, is a Cities Skylines style Windows 10 version that would re-work the code and allow for DX12 for multi-core and hyper-threading capabilities that can then run alongside the current version. But as that would slow down the development and increase the development cost of updates, I highly doubt this will happen either.

So for now, we have what we have. Eventually hardware will start to surpass the requirements of the game and performance won't be so much of an issue (already I can run parks at 10fps - which is still considered smooth by the way - with 13,000 people when on my pre-upgraded PC I couldn't go above 6500 and taking that up to the i9 9900K would probably allow 16,000+)

That said, I do think that a new major performance pass is required.. Just to take stock of the current builds to see if any new optimisations can be made.

Top Bottom