Planet Coaster 2019

No-one has stated they are not going to continue like they do for Elite. In fact, it has been hinted at many times that they do not expect to stop supporting the game. [big grin]

I have no doubt they will keep supporting it. [up] It's just that Elite is treated differently, with there ambitious long-term content road-maps that they show us, so we know what we are getting and where we are going. Planet Coaster DLC is often very spontaneous and random - which is fine, but we can never be sure when or if we will get big and highly requested content. [bored]

That's a spinning wild mouse. At their core, they're essentially same ride, but they have different train designs, which offer a different look/experience- it's why I was originally going to say alternative train designs. SWM typically have those cheesy mouse cars while WM have a more generic/clean design that can fit any theme. -in RCT they were referred to as "Mine Cars"

Continued support can mean a multitude of things, from simple bug fixes to full expansions/dlc. -I'm more inclined to believe it is the former.

Yesss More Realistic Lights

- dynamic shadows coming from animated objects

- overall more realistic light effects.

Things I would love to see with lighting...
-The ability to custom program moving lights to move however you want
-The ability to focus lights
-The ability to change the intensity of lights
-The ability to add gobo's (patterns) to lights (if possible the ability to submit pure black and white [not gray-scale] to create custom patterns)
-The ability to shape (shutter) the light to create rectangular or square lights
-The ability to choose to see the (haze of the) light beam or not

Things I would love to see with the trigger sequencer...
-The ability to fade in and out lights ( I know you can do this with combinations of sequences but 1 button would save a lot of time)
-The ability to move props up or down or left or right x amount of meters

This could be in base game or DLC because I would pay for this! This would add a whole new realistic side of the lighting side of the game.

That's a spinning wild mouse. At their core, they're essentially same ride, but they have different train designs, which offer a different look/experience- it's why I was originally going to say alternative train designs. SWM typically have those cheesy mouse cars while WM have a more generic/clean design that can fit any theme. -in RCT they were referred to as "Mine Cars"

Continued support can mean a multitude of things, from simple bug fixes to full expansions/dlc. -I'm more inclined to believe it is the former.

No, there is a regular mouse ride in the game as well called the Mouse Hunt.

pc_wooden_wildmouse_mousehunt.jpg

I'm on summer vacation since it's currently the long summer holiday break in New Zealand and Australia (we have summer December - February). It's perfect having summer holiday this time of year, as we've worked and/or studied hard and have earned it.

When I get back from holidays, I will create a new park sandbox mode to accommodate for the new rides we received with the latest DLC pack that came out this month (December). Magnificent thingy pack. It includes a gondola. Yay. Frontier does listen to the bulk of the community. As well as some exciting new rides too.

Otherwise I don't expect that much from pc this year. It's still a great game.

No, there is a regular mouse ride in the game as well called the Mouse Hunt.

worth to mention that it's not part of the regular game, but in one of the previous DLCs. not sure which it was cause i don't buy them for these prices. i'd assume it was the Vintage DLC.

worth to mention that it's not part of the regular game, but in one of the previous DLCs. not sure which it was cause i don't buy them for these prices. i'd assume it was the Vintage DLC.

no, this coaster was part of the free update that came along with the Vintage Pack.

Again, all of this is part of the new Vintage Pack - but don't forget this release will be paired with the free update containing in-game branded vending machines, recolourable staff members, scenery grouping, and filters. We're also adding a free wooden coaster - the Mouse Hunt, a historic wooden mouse coaster preserved forever in the game - and a planter set with new plants to decorate your parks!

Source: https://www.planetcoaster.com/en-gb/news/vintage-pack-dlc-coming-10-july

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
When will the next patch be live thanks.

There is currently nothing to announce regarding future patches. Each patch will be announced on the forums and other official channels once it is ready for release.

Thanks for your patience. I'm sure that the team is working on fixing issues now that the new year has started. :)

"the Smooth Coaster pack £8.99, coming soon"

on a serious note, does anybody else feel as if The Magnificent Rides pack was perhaps the 2nd Anniversary update pushed back to a later date?

I expect that Frontier starts fixing the game.[shocked]

Since I last gave them money (Magnificent Ride Pack) I am not able to play anymore.[cry] I never experienced paying for something to get broken before. This happened 2 weeks ago. I couldn't play during the holidays and the bugs which came with the TMT-Update haven't been repaired so far (yet they waited with their "update-fix" to the Magnificent Rides DLC and let us pay even more).

I was really upset before but now I am really getting angry especially as Frontier promotes their 25th birthday and starts competitions a lot of people including myself aren't even able to participate in because the game is broken and unplayable (at least for me). I don't know what happens to the game industry that so many publishers became what they are now. I really hope Frontier goes a different path, learns from their mistakes and give us a fix ASAP. They won't see any more money from me until that bug is sorted out (deleating all TMT-items is NOT a solution nor a bugfix!!!).

Since I last gave them money (Magnificent Ride Pack) I am not able to play anymore.[cry] I never experienced paying for something to get broken before. This happened 2 weeks ago. I couldn't play during the holidays and the bugs which came with the TMT-Update haven't been repaired so far (yet they waited with their "update-fix" to the Magnificent Rides DLC and let us pay even more).

I was really upset before but now I am really getting angry especially as Frontier promotes their 25th birthday and starts competitions a lot of people including myself aren't even able to participate in because the game is broken and unplayable (at least for me). I don't know what happens to the game industry that so many publishers became what they are now. I really hope Frontier goes a different path, learns from their mistakes and give us a fix ASAP. They won't see any more money from me until that bug is sorted out (deleating all TMT-items is NOT a solution nor a bugfix!!!).

Their current model seems to be a success, so don´t expect any changes. At least not anytime soon.

I honestly doubt there will be any "fixes" since it has been years since it was first released. If it isn't "fixed" by now Frontier probably doesnt think it needs fixing. I dont know of any games that had real QOL fixes years after its release. They usually only add DLC.

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier

We are aware of issues raised and our looking into them. We'll update everyone when we can share more.

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Aney body see the Planet Coaster live stream last evening. They said keep an eye on this page but nothing has happened.

They say that because announcements are made here... So if/when there is news, you will read it here.
I don't think she ment that there was any news right now. :)

That's a Wooden Wild Mouse, and not a wild mouse. Wild Mouse coasters tend to feature sharper turns, and seat four people instead of two. They also don't have "mouse" cars/trains.

It's like comparing a classic woodie to a basic steel. Why include one if we already have the other?

Top Bottom