Update 1.10 + Magnificent Rides Collection Out Now!

Unfortunately this "Magnificent Rides" pack seems to be lacking for me. The game has a serious lack of flat rides and kiddie rides. I was really hoping this pack would deliver, but all it has is two versions of the Hyper Jump, a grand carousel, Flying Eagles, chair lift, and a breakdance ride.
No hate, but I'm starting to notice these dlc packs are containing less and less and remain at an $11 price.

I'm not super happy with it either. I guess if I were one of the chairlift-heads I'd be more enthused. I do feel like buying the pack helps finance the the Toolkit stuff so I am OK with it on that basis.

I think they should definitely do a pack of kiddie rides and maybe some more small attractions. I'd be over the moon if one of the claw machines was Ghoster. I'd love to have a proper kiddie ride area in my Halloween park.

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
No hate, but I'm starting to notice these dlc packs are containing less and less and remain at an $11 price.

New rides are not simple tasks in Planet Coaster. A huge amount of work goes into developing them from concept to design to modelling to animating to programming and so on and so on. Whilst that might mean fewer additions compared to say a pack with lots of scenery items, the value of the pack really does fairly reflect the amount of work and resources that goes into making them :)

I think the Magnificent Rides Collection pack is one of the best DLC's yet. I hope Planet Coaster will keep doing a all rides collection pack going forward. The next ride collection that Frontier can do is a Kiddie Rides Collection pack. Keep up the great work Frontier.

I've noticed that opening the building and scenery tabs increases loading times for a few seconds, after getting last three dlc packs. How are you adressing this problem going forward (bloating the asset base). Is there still space for optimization and other QoL updates? It's a tough one for you no doubt, because new assets produce shiny dlc trailers and sell, but every time one is released, you risk hitting performance.

New rides are not simple tasks in Planet Coaster. A huge amount of work goes into developing them from concept to design to modelling to animating to programming and so on and so on. Whilst that might mean fewer additions compared to say a pack with lots of scenery items, the value of the pack really does fairly reflect the amount of work and resources that goes into making them :)

I understand that, but why not have us wait longer for a dlc pack with nearly everything we've been asking for? I wouldn't have mind waiting an extra 5 months if the Magnificent Rides pack came with more rides. I appreciate all the working going into these packs, but I always have super high expectations and excitement only to feel underwhelmed when I watch a video showing off what exactly comes in the dlc. [sad]

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
I understand that, but why not have us wait longer for a dlc pack with nearly everything we've been asking for? I wouldn't have mind waiting an extra 5 months if the Magnificent Rides pack came with more rides. I appreciate all the working going into these packs, but I always have super high expectations and excitement only to feel underwhelmed when I watch a video showing off what exactly comes in the dlc. [sad]

Every pack is valued to fairly represent the cost of development. It still takes resources and development to create each ride so taking longer to add even more rides would realistically result in a higher cost to the pack. With the current ride pack you have a good selection of optional rides for a fair price :)

Every pack is valued to fairly represent the cost of development. It still takes resources and development to create each ride so taking longer to add even more rides would realistically result in a higher cost to the pack. With the current ride pack you have a good selection of optional rides for a fair price :)

Its absolutely a fair price! Guys, for 10.99 you get one Pizza in Austria. So think about that again. Frontier is putting so much effort and hard work into the Content packs so stop complaining! It is really annoying.

Its absolutely a fair price! Guys, for 10.99 you get one Pizza in Austria. So think about that again. Frontier is putting so much effort and hard work into the Content packs so stop complaining! It is really annoying.
Yeah i hate it when people always complain,because they didn't get their pack. I didn't like the vintage pack,but i still bought it to support the devs and i didn't complain at all,because i know that they had worked hard on this and that i would get stuff i want with the next dlc pack again[wink].
Stay positive,you will get the stuff you want sooner or later,planco offers something for everyone and the price is in my opinion quite okay, 1€ for every ride +1 extra is in my opinion a fair price. Like mrbrightside has mentioned it's sometimes as cheap as a pizza( I can confirm, i live in Austria)[big grin][up]
Great job on the pack Fronntier, don't listen to the small group of haters. This community is the best you can have[yesnod].
Or do you like your dlc packs more EA Style[shocked]

The problem here is that it will also contain content that is not interesting for everybody.

Providing smaller packages has some benefits:
- More content released on a regular basis (every 3 months).
- Content packs that specialize in certain themes
- People can save money on content they don't want and adjust the game to their liking.

I'd rather have this way of releasing DLC's, than the way you propose it. But that's me.

The problem here is that it will also contain content that is not interesting for everybody.

Providing smaller packages has some benefits:
- More content released on a regular basis (every 3 months).
- Content packs that specialize in certain themes
- People can save money on content they don't want and adjust the game to their liking.

I'd rather have this way of releasing DLC's, than the way you propose it. But that's me.

And yet, when they released smaller packs, everyone complained that they were too small, too thin, not enough content, etc, etc, etc.

I like the quarterly releases. I just hope they continue!

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
And yet, when they released smaller packs, everyone complained that they were too small, too thin, not enough content, etc, etc, etc.

I like the quarterly releases. I just hope they continue!
Me too,hope they continue with the ride packs,because too me it feels like they offer more[wink]

$10.99 for the Magnificent Rides Collection DLC is a great price. After all we did get more rides. I hope Frontier will continue with the quarterly releases as well.

$10.99 for the Magnificent Rides Collection DLC is a great price. After all we did get more rides. I hope Frontier will continue with the quarterly releases as well.

Agreed. As someone with coding experience, I think the new dlc's price is extremely fair. I can easily tell that an enormous amount of work and effort went into every ride and it's greatly appreciated! I hope new packs are on the way!

Last edited:

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
Agreed. As someone with coding experience, I think the new dlc's price is extremely fair. I can easily tell that an enormous amount of work and effort went into every ride and its greatly appreciated! I hope new packs are on the way!

I agree 100% with everything you said. I know they must spend SOOOO much time on each ride. Its amazing what rhey can do. They can take my 10.99 everytime a dlc comes out. It is always worth it in the end.

tenor.gif

Someone voices their honest opinion = complaining... Seems legit.

Top Bottom