What do you want to see in Nov 7th stream?

PARK SIZE!!!

Would love to see how park progression works, starting park size, if there are options to expand your park after starting and what the maximum park size will be (perhaps max size park loaded with rides and attractions).

I'm would like to see more shops, flat rides and general extra money makers.

Maybe an on ride photo with a shop near the ride to pick up the photo taken on the ride. Even an instant photo booth where couples, friends or families can go in and have a quick, fun and instant photo taken to take home with them.

Of course more food shops like funnel cakes, ice cream, pizza more drink shops or even vending machines for drinks and water, etc.

Flat rides (family rides and thrill rides) like bumper cars, kiddie coasters, etc.

As a "FLAT RIDE", animated games like you see in real parks for extra money makers. Ring toss, skeet ball, small basket ball toss, darts with balloons, shoots the target horse race game, etc. Win the stuffed animal or something. Of course guest aren't probably going to be walking around with stuffed animals but they could win "stuff".

At this point anything they show will be icing on the cake for me.

I know, right? That's actually how I've felt for months. I don't even know what else to say, this game has already surpassed my expectations. I know wooden rides are coming. I know Frontier wants water rides. I'm going to have to dig deep to come up with something to ask for, let's see.....

If they plan on dynamic weather, I suppose I would like to see it this next stream.

Paths could also be more intuitive.

And optimization. But how do you show that in a stream?

I want confirmation on what is not going to be in but the community still expected to make it. (soften the blow)

Firework + particle editor
Switch tracks
Billboard
Water rides
Whether
Boats (on water and for darkrides)
Waterfalls
Dark inside building
Tunneling for path
Scenary on flat ride (aka disable collisions)

Notice how most of those were rct3 features.

Last edited:
A water ride (log flume or splash coaster perhaps)
Wooden roller coaster
Uncommon coaster types like bobsled coaster or alpine coaster.
totally kiddie rides like in this video: "Snip"

I think alot of people will agree with you, but I also want to see a Horror/spooky theme.
It would also be nice to see

Wildlife
More types of workstaff
Larger maps
more scenary choices

But I would be alright if this was included in full version or shortly after.
Personally I only expect extra water rides/themes/scenary in a dlc.

- Revolve ride which is in the official announcement video.
- Log flume ride or river rapids or some water rides. This is a HEAVILY requested feature, Frontier shouldn't ignore it.
- Be able to control how fast day/night cycles go, as well as it not to skip from 9pm-5am.... experience the full night, especially midnight. Theme parks are open that late. Rainbows End in NZ, and Luna Park in Australia, open late for special events like summer and new years.
- Optimization.
- Security guards.

I want confirmation on what is not going to be in but the community still expected to make it. (soften the blow)

Switch tracks
Billboard
Water rides
Whether
Waterfalls
Dark inside building
Tunneling for path

All of these would love to see. Most appear to be out from what has been said and suggested both by the Devs & the CHC lot.

And these are things I would like to see also;

Wildlife
More types of work staff
Larger maps

Last edited:
The main goal of a "beta test" is to :
- Find and fix the remaining bugs
- Optimise the game

It's like asking at the construction site of a house if it was possible to see the interior decoration. [bored]
They'll have been optimising as they go. While optimisation will be a goal in Beta, it'll be more related to performance issues on specific hardware configurations that they don't have in the office.

The blueprint piece limit is testament to that. Optimisations between Alpha 3 and Beta mean that you can have double the number of objects in a blueprint.

The main goal of a "beta test" is to :
- Find and fix the remaining bugs
- Optimise the game

It's like asking at the construction site of a house if it was possible to see the interior decoration. [bored]

Maybe but that house is having it's open house in a week.

Maybe but that house is having it's open house in a week.

Imagine that it is a timber frame building then and they have just made it water tight and first fix. Now Beta is 2nd fix with the testing and in a week the house is to be decorated for release then.

Switch tracks
Billboard
Water rides
Whether
Waterfalls
Dark inside building
Tunneling for path

Notice like this is not how game development works. Nor what the majority of the community is expecting if they want to be realistic.
Or do you want me to remind me how broken was the management aspect of that game becuase of the family groups mechanic, something that they have fixed completley in Planet Coaster.
Or that every ride in RCT3 was simple as **** and each ride in Planet Coaster takes more than 1 month in development.
Or how coasters all sounded the same (like vacuum cleaners BTW), supports where the same, and had similar physics, but in Planet Coaster every coaster is completely individual.
Or that terraforming was incredibly simple and Planet Coaster you can do whatever you want.
Or that there were no tunnels, nor path tunnels nor underground rides on RCT3 vanilla until soaked! arrived (and when they came they looked less than optimal), nor waterfalls.
Or that billboards were not added until Wild! With unthemed shops also, something that Planet Coaster has from the start (not the billboards)
Or that water rides were completly unrealistic and they have said they want to not force water rides now to just make them as perfect as they can be.
Or that RCT3 never got switch tracks and they are studying the possibility to have them in Planet Coaster
Or that RCT3 never got dark rooms and they are probably also looking into it
Or that there was a hard coded collision detection and you had to mod the files to take it out, and even then as everythign was gridbased making that 5 themes in RCT3 were nearly unmixable, when Planet Coaster has a so good advance builder you can mix its 6 themes to have any theme you can imagine. Not even adding here thet the geometrical shapes open so many possibilites any comparison to RCT3 would be absurd.
Or that we have so many path option now that RCT3 only had squares.

The only part were RCT3 truly excels Planet Coaster is the firework editor, and they decided not to start from it with Planet Coaster because they thought there were things more important to evolve for this game, as the list that i wrote shows. And who knows, maybe theres a firework editor in the future.

Last edited:
I don't think that was needed SPRidley, we are all aware of how much has changed. I believe it was more just in hope that it would come at some point in the future because they have been done before and they were all great things that we loved from the previous version.

That was quite the rant SPRidley, but I tend to agree with DreamMaster. While Planet Coaster has many improvements, losing features from past games will always be a let down. I think frontier is in full-on promotion mode so I don't expect they would talk about what they don't have prior to release, but shortly thereafter I would really like to know if some of this stuff will be coming down the road.

I want confirmation on a parkwide grid so I can satisfy my OCD and arrange things more neatly.

ranty rant rant rant

This is 12 year after rct3. People did expect feature to be addead to the last one without missign what we loved as making game is easier. They also expected the issue of rct 3 to be fixed. And you don't get to tell me this is not how game notice work as this is a list of several issues that were all already brought forward in several threads and don't need more explanation on this one.

Beside i ask for confirmation on what we wanted that will not make it at launch and your reacting like i attacked your baby.

Last edited:
The only part were RCT3 truly excels Planet Coaster is the firework editor, and they decided not to start from it with Planet Coaster because they thought there were things more important to evolve for this game, as the list that i wrote shows. And who knows, maybe theres a firework editor in the future.

Please don't edit me! [big grin]

Last edited:
  • What future plans they have for the game, since it was built from scratch using a new engine
  • Is there an easier delete-path tool (I've only played the Thrillseeker 'surprise' alpha)
  • Will there be complete expansions (like Soaked & Wild) or smaller DLCs that are released more often?
  • Their own PC specs to base off of - the videos we've seen are crazy smooth

Last edited:
Top Bottom