General / Off-Topic RCTWorld General Discussion

Don't think that many people will buy it. The game has just been released in stores for a while (here in Germany even before going to EA)...so if they haven't bought it back then, why should they buy it now. And if they buy it on steam, they will see the bad reviews...and even if they ignore them, they'll be able to refund it ;)

If they release it isn't it classed as a "new" game and reviews removed? Couldn't remember what happens when something comes out of EA.

And guychicago is right, they had no choice, but now they have just made themselves look sad and desperate.

Yeah I believe thats correct Jay....

I will await there release and I will check it out... then I will review it (honestly) and try and provide assistance to ensure people dont continue to waste their money, nor to substantiate desparate and unethical business tactics...which is honestly all it is...

From what I have heard, that is not true. Because of the way Atari released it into EA, the reviews will be persistent.
Frontier was smart in making the release game a separate product.

Ah right was never too sure which way it worked. Ok well will see what happens on release day. Otherwise known as day of failure.

But I really think that people who blindly buy something need to blame themselves when they realize that it's trash...in times where you can inform yourself everytime and everywhere you either buy something on purpose blindly to discover something new or a hidden gem maybe, or you inform yourself...I really could not understand why so many people had blindly preordered RCTW back then, while it was pretty clear that atari had been running the low-cost - low quality rail.

If they are a normal adult or the like that plays game - yes let the buyer beware...

But its the ones that don't know - parents that have been asked to buy the game for little Johnny etc... they are the ones that suffer....

The textures are.... missing.

14993557_10208814713579194_4210483705658585655_n.jpg

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Sigh

It's sad, but I feel some kind of relief now that a release date is known for RCTW. I'm done with it.

Sigh

It's sad, but I feel some kind of relief now that a release date is known for RCTW. I'm done with it.

I bet there will be a couple of weeks post launch of the most hilarious press reviews! They can't really review it ahead of release, but that doesn't mean they haven't been jotting notes about everything that has happened... This is not the end... this is the START of the end [haha]

Is that from Parkitecht?

What a thing to say. Poor Parkitect.

Have you ever seen those guys release a teaser image of a ride set in an empty, uninviting wasteland such as this picture? [bored]

It's as if they want the world to know just how much they don't care. I've never seen a teaser image like this handed to the press before lol.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Ahhh one more. New peeps. Same skeletals and animations by the look of it. Improved mesh and textures. I was told *informally* still no facial animations though.

cT8NN9RAu7rG8RwdVJhYy3-650-80.jpg

NFfzBPXMcfPMvgKSYbeL83-650-80.png

They really don't have any style [shocked]

What a thing to say. Poor Parkitect.

Have you ever seen those guys release a teaser image of a ride set in an empty, uninviting wasteland such as this picture? [bored]

It's as if they want the world to know just how much they don't care. I've never seen a teaser image like this handed to the press before lol.

:D :D :D it's pretty funny how badly they promote their game - they really don't even try to hide how bland, boring and loveless their game is.

Last edited:
OK, I seriously thought that candy shop was from Parkitecht!
Wowzers.

The western shot, doesn't even show creativity or complexity, it shows repetition.

Last edited:
UPDATE FROM PC GAMER: The New Price Point For The "Standard Edition" will remain at 34.99

Guess the upgrades won't be that varied. Its a small chunk to undercut PC by. Funny because a week ago Pc was the cheaper option. Small reasoning why I purchased it.

Its going to be interesting. Can't wait to here the official press reviews. Of Both games.

While i doubt the upgrades will be significant. It be interesting to see if they actually are and they still take a major chunk out of the price.

From this Atari release (read it - it's a joke): https://www.atari.com/news/rollercoaster-tycoon-world-launches-full-version-november-16th

“RollerCoaster Tycoon World has been a labor of love for our team, many of which grew up playing the classic RollerCoaster Tycoon games,” said Yves Legris, Chief Executive Officer, Nvizzio Creations. “From the UI to park management and peeps, to ride operations, Early Access gave us an opportunity to refine many of the features and draw from the RollerCoaster Tycoon games of yesterday to create the ultimate theme park experience of today.”

Seriously - a labor of love, 'ultimate' theme park experience!? What did this dude smoke?

OK, I seriously thought that candy shop was from Parkitecht!
Wowzers.

The western shot, doesn't even show creativity or complexity, it shows repetition.

Well well well, I have forum access again but there is further information (don't know if this link has been shown here)
https://www.atari.com/news/rollercoaster-tycoon-world-launches-full-version-november-16th

Sorry bitter don't know why I quoted you, but yeah it does ring some bells with the way parkitect shows stuff
tumblr_inline_o48y4kt06F1si3zx7_1280.png

Last edited:
We posted the article at the same time I think. Yea, it's a joke! The is at force factor 10...

I am still blown away by that release date, we all knew it would be out soon but 1 day before Planet Coaster seems a little childish. I'm expecting Atari to say "Our game is better +100 turn around touch the ground no back answers"

I feel bad for the people who paid the 49.99 or 59.99 for the game. All Atari is going to do is offer a few more perks like clothes or whatever. I doubt it will be enough to cover the 15 dollar + difference in price. Way to ❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎ of your current fan base Atari.

Top Bottom