News Important Community Update (01/03)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Sorry to say but I feel like after 1800 hours and not playing the game for a few months.... I'm probably going to stop playing. Mostly because they won't really add anything great for about 2 years. I feel like each PR move is labeled as "exciting" and how much lipstick can you put on a T-10....well, nevermind. Haha. I might hop on every now and then or listen to Yamiks or OA but apparently FD is basically shelving Elite for 2 years. For what? Jurassic Park content? I used to support and defend this game against the SC quacks and anti-Elite people.

Sorry to say but I feel like after 1800 hours and not playing the game for a few months.... I'm probably going to stop playing. Mostly because they won't really add anything great for about 2 years. I feel like each PR move is labeled as "exciting" and how much lipstick can you put on a T-10....well, nevermind. Haha. I might hop on every now and then or listen to Yamiks or OA but apparently FD is basically shelving Elite for 2 years. For what? Jurassic Park content? I used to support and defend this game against the SC quacks and anti-Elite people.

So, 1,800 hours is a pretty good amount of time to get out of a title these days

Also no, the Elite Dangerous team and the Jurassic World teams are quite separate. Elite is "being shelved" in your words (even though it's not, and they are continuing to release regular updates) in order to make big updates. If you want to have big content, you need to wait for it to be developed.

I wish people would inform themselves about software development; or at the very least, use their brains. Does it make any kind of sense for a successful company to have ONE development team for THREE games? Would you have ONE construction team on THREE buildings?

It takes time to develop stuff. I can't emphasise that enough.
Updates are coming during those two years; but the big stuff will be here in two years time. Taking into account what they gave us in a single year with deadlines (Beyond), I surmise that what we'll get in 2 years time will be absolutely epic.

... apparently FD is basically shelving Elite for 2 years. For what? Jurassic Park content? I used to support and defend this game against the SC quacks and anti-Elite people.

Slowed my gaming time in ED since january but still enjoying this game a lot (even more since I switched from PS4 o PC a few months ago) !

Still haven't find any other game where I want to spend my gaming time (strangely I quickly lose interest in games but it never happened with ED even after 750h of gaming - which is a LOT for me - 1 mile wide and 1 inch deep ? Not for me ! ).

I would have loved if the next ERA would have come sooner but I'm all fin tow ait if we get huge & quality new content.

In the meantime I eagerly waiting for more news about the revamped CG (and more info about the new ERA for FDev).

A bold statement and I'm really looking forward (and open about) what this probably might be. I trust it has nothing to do with "one of the biggest changes" from below:

For now I'm looking at these 'events' as some sort of bridge to bring the community across the ocean-of-time-of-emptiness. What's a bit worrying me is that there's not at least a tiny hint about 'what' it could be. For now you only let us speculate about things that most likely will NOT be content of this amazing master update (like legs... <scnr>). So, why all this secrecy?
The got another IP game comming so all the devs are reasigned to that game , just as they did with , jurasic world, Planet coaster and CQC so dont expect anything soon or of good quality.

I will admit that is getting very frustrating that there's been no news about the replacement of the community goals for the last month or so. The new player experience (At least they didn't call it the New Game Experience) is not going to effect the majority of people here, so the only thing we've got to keep the long term players going until 2020 are these new Events.

On the bright side, NMS has an update coming this summer! Maybe they'll make their ships fly more like Elite?

One can only hope!

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom