DW2 PS Edition - Racing League

Link:

NN3EINk.png

JESWwXu.gif

Logo by Qohen Leth (original concept by Hi-Ban) with assets borrowed from Frontier Developments PLC
Animated by Placyde

k4iPFv7.png

Welcome Commander!
Are you seeking an adrenaline rush? Are you not sure how to explore the galaxy? Or do you just have an SLF with you and don't know what to use it for? Then welcome to the PS4 Racing League. Over the next few weeks until we reach Beagle Point we'll be conducting a series of races for single SRV, single SLF and Team SRV athletics. This will include Point-to-Point races, and circuit races. We will also feature a team event for teams of 4 players. They will compete in various disciplines like high jump, long jump and relay races.

These Races will be held towards the weekends with a frequency of about two out of three weeks. Usually Thursday/Friday or Saturday at 7pm UTC. You'll have to signup which will be closed 24 hours prior to an event and reopened on Sunday. Once you are signed up you will not have to resubmitted for the following races. Just send one of the organizers listed below that you'll be taking part in the next scheduled race at least 24 hours prior to that race.

The races will take place either in the basecamp system itself or nearby. You should start making your way there 30 minutes prior to a race. You'll only be allowed to start if you are in the instance 10 minutes prior to the start. The instances will be controlled by the organizers and the races will be conducted in AllCrowsAreBlack PG. Communication will be over Fleetcomm Discord.

VSr8yte.png

These are the Rules! Please read the document carefully. If you don't know what certain rules mean please ask one of the organizers. The events should be conducted in a civil manner. We're trying to have fun and enjoy the game together.
As stated in the rules: Avoid damaging other CMDRs by any means!!

Organizers are so far: STE_83_RB5_286, CDR_WillTRiker, Zippopot, trampyjoe, LittleBigWolf69, F8TL_FURY, MAD_DOG_MacD

This is the singles signup for SRV or SLF racing.

eAMQpnR.png

The following tables will be regularly updated. Old racing descriptions and detailed results (depending on availability) can be viewed below in the archives.

iSDaGzk.png

If anybody needs help finding certain coordinates: EDBearing

Last edited:
MdMUSEr.png

WP10:
6th SRV Race: Results - Detailed Description
5th SLF Race: Results - Detailed Description

WP9:
5th SRV Race: Results - Detailed Description
4th SLF Race: Results - Detailed Description

WP8:
4th SRV Race: Results - Detailed Description
3rd SLF Race: Results - Detailed Description

WP7:
3rd SRV Race: Results - Detailed Description
2nd SLF Race: Results - Detailed Description

WP5:
2nd SRV Race: Results - Detailed Description

WP3:
1st SRV Race: Results - Detailed Description
1st SLF Race: Results - Detailed Description

Last edited:
The SLF course is a barrel of fun! Gave it a whirl last night! Looking forward to large numbers of people participating in this.

Gary

Last edited:
Thanks for the update. Both races were really fun!

A few videos:
[video=youtube_share;t4rZZRfHb2Q]https://youtu.be/t4rZZRfHb2Q[/video]

[video=youtube_share;rzSr-eSLB70]https://youtu.be/rzSr-eSLB70[/video]

[video=youtube_share;4fSyrVipiF4]https://youtu.be/4fSyrVipiF4[/video]

The second SRV Race was fun again - a video of the race (showing ~1,5 of 2 laps, start is missing) and a few impressions. Thanks for organizing @ Will and for finding the nice track (can't remember who gets credits for that).

[video=youtube_share;2ffiUgfsb1Q]https://youtu.be/2ffiUgfsb1Q[/video]

IMG20190217015146.jpg

IMG20190217015217.jpg

CMDR STE_86_RB5_286 found the site. And a good one at that. There was a player within our North American race that did up a video as well, when I find it, I'll get it posted as well, it did have some wonderful explosions.

Gary

Hey everyone o7. I was getting bored at WP11 some days ago so I went out looking for some good canyons to maybe organise a race through and found a nice spot at
DROOTEOU BQ-V D3-181 4 A 4.8595 42.5115 ... it's ~1k ly East of WP11. The canyons are pretty much in a circular pattern and we could use that for laps, and they're mostly pretty deep and spacious. Unfortunately I didn't know about that "request docking" trick to make the ship stay put and my crew pilot managed to crash the conda while I was out in the SLF surveying and sent me all the way back to Explorer's Anchorage, but I'd still like to give it a go and see if anyone is interested in organising this.
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjwYKkrtrSw

Hey everyone o7. I was getting bored at WP11 some days ago so I went out looking for some good canyons to maybe organise a race through and found a nice spot at
DROOTEOU BQ-V D3-181 4 A 4.8595 42.5115 ... it's ~1k ly East of WP11. The canyons are pretty much in a circular pattern and we could use that for laps, and they're mostly pretty deep and spacious. Unfortunately I didn't know about that "request docking" trick to make the ship stay put and my crew pilot managed to crash the conda while I was out in the SLF surveying and sent me all the way back to Explorer's Anchorage, but I'd still like to give it a go and see if anyone is interested in organising this.
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjwYKkrtrSw
Oh, that's really bad luck, my condolences... If you open a FDev support ticket I'd say chances are not so slim, that they'll put you back to where you crashed.
First impression of the track is good. Unfortunately I can't play due to RL (travelling), but perhaps someone else picks that up.

Oh, that's really bad luck, my condolences... If you open a FDev support ticket I'd say chances are not so slim, that they'll put you back to where you crashed.
First impression of the track is good. Unfortunately I can't play due to RL (travelling), but perhaps someone else picks that up.
Thanks, fortunately CMDR Luna from the support team helped me out and got me back in that system :D Sorry to hear you won't make it, but happy travels!

I managed to film a test run of the track so you guys can review it easier:
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRPCT_oCDLQ

Awesome track, but I believe the racing is done. I haven't seen an announcement or anything of the sort for a while.

This last leg of the journey is all about mapping and exploring and I don't think anything has been planned due to the distances and CMDR's going off on their own.

Gary

Awesome track, but I believe the racing is done. I haven't seen an announcement or anything of the sort for a while.

This last leg of the journey is all about mapping and exploring and I don't think anything has been planned due to the distances and CMDR's going off on their own.

Gary
Well damn. What about on the trip back? Is anything planned for that or is everybody gonna be burning their engines getting home?

To add to this Boom4stick, the lead organizer is on vacation, I'm out near Beagle Point (have been since the 13th of April) along with an other organizer.

You are more than welcome to set one up yourself if you want, just not sure what kind of attendance you'll have. On the way home, they are going a different route so if you want to find something out there, I'm sure a few people might participate.

Gary

Last edited:
Top Bottom