PvP Calling out all PvPers!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
It gives me the possibility to have fun with real human beings, sharing same pasion for our game. The game itself is also giving me the possibility to just simply cut out the ones that aren't sharing my playstyle.

Then this job is not for you. See, organiser in elite has to be flexible, but with your preconceptions you’ll end up adding 80 people out of a 100 to your personal, awesome block list, because they openly admit to ganking out of boredom, for RP reasons, sending a message to FD, pledging an offering to their overlord and god knows why else.

It’s been funny watching your attempted condescension on famous pvp players and squadron leaders in this thread. After that kind of “performance” it’s safe to say the thread has ran it’s course. You passed the test in spades!!!

I think the mistake of the OP was trying to appeal to the established PvP community ("all" PvPers) rather than to start a new community around people like myself who enjoy PvP in general but find ED's version of PvP unsatisfactory in its current form. Don't try to change the current club, but rather start a new club.

Be warned, the PvP "Pros" would love to come in and grief and upset whatever you try to do (be it in game or via the forum), so you'd have to create a PG for this new club, and make it clear that you are offering a "different kind" of PvP. If I were on PC, I'd be interested in your group.

And drop the "I'm awesome" silliness - you derailed your own thread with the first post 😜

I think the mistake of the OP was trying to appeal to the established PvP community ("all" PvPers) rather than to start a new community around people like myself who enjoy PvP in general but find ED's version of PvP unsatisfactory in its current form. Don't try to change the current club, but rather start a new club.

Be warned, the PvP "Pros" would love to come in and grief and upset whatever you try to do (be it in game or via the forum), so you'd have to create a PG for this new club, and make it clear that you are offering a "different kind" of PvP. If I were on PC, I'd be interested in your group.

And drop the "I'm awesome" silliness - you derailed your own thread with the first post 😜
This seems like a really good idea to me.
The goal would be to create an entirely new culture using new players.
You'd be dealing with people wanting to learn instead of those who've a great deal of ego wrapped up in the status quo.

This seems like a really good idea to me.
The goal would be to create an entirely new culture using new players.
You'd be dealing with people wanting to learn instead of those who've a great deal of ego wrapped up in the status quo.
And there are many of us who really dislike meta min / max builds and rather have "fun" fights in "simpler" ships where one does not need Prismatic shields and SCBs to win. I think the OP is looking for something similar.

BTW, if the game itself provided a small number of PvP-only combat zones (no NPCs), then I think this might happen based on the averaging of numbers. When you remove NPCs, the game easily supports 20 players on the humble PS4 before framerate drops. With 10 players per side, not everyone has to be flying G5 Cutters. I could come in with my fixed cannon Vulture and have fun, too. My complaint with the game isn't so much that griefing happens, but rather that more traditional, "balanced" PvP does not happen, not without people going through great lengths to artificially create it. At least not for more casual "I ain't got time to grind" PvPers like myself.

Last edited:
And there are many of us who really dislike meta min / max builds and rather have "fun" fights in "simpler" ships where one does not need Prismatic shields and SCBs to win. I think the OP is looking for something similar.

BTW, if the game itself provided a small number of PvP-only combat zones (no NPCs), then I think this might happen based on the averaging of numbers. When you remove NPCs, the game easily supports 20 players on the humble PS4 before framerate drops. With 10 players per side, not everyone has to be flying G5 Cutters. I could come in with my fixed cannon Vulture and have fun, too. My complaint with the game isn't so much that griefing happens, but rather that more traditional, "balanced" PvP does not happen, not without people going through great lengths to artificially create it. At least not for more casual "I ain't got time to grind" PvPers like myself.
Couldn't people just do this in the arena?
Serious question.

Couldn't people just do this in the arena?
Serious question.
If CQC had more ships and the ability to customize those ships, and it wasn't just CLOSE quarter combat (there should be space in space), then I'd love it. I enjoy customizing my ships, which is why I dislike building to the meta. I have way more fun flying my Vulture with dual force shell cannons than I do my BattleConda, but neither CQC nor "griefer ally" allows for this. The best I can hope for is to form a wing with other players when CGs return and bring my own special "talents" to the fight against NPCs in a HazRes.

BTW, this is why when I "grief", I do so in a Sidewinder, albeit a highly-engineered one. Yep, I'm weird, but if there are 19 other weirdos like me in the game, then the OP can form his new club!

Oh, and CQC is dead on PS4.

The Replicated Man

T
If CQC had more ships and the ability to customize those ships, and it wasn't just CLOSE quarter combat (there should be space in space), then I'd love it. I enjoy customizing my ships, which is why I dislike building to the meta. I have way more fun flying my Vulture with dual force shell cannons than I do my BattleConda, but neither CQC nor "griefer ally" allows for this. The best I can hope for is to form a wing with other players when CGs return and bring my own special "talents" to the fight against NPCs in a HazRes.

BTW, this is why when I "grief", I do so in a Sidewinder, albeit a highly-engineered one. Yep, I'm weird, but if there are 19 other weirdos like me in the game, then the OP can form his new club!

I pulled a T7 in Eravate on Wednesday and shot his drives out, and initiated voice coms and asked him if he had any cookies on board. So here we both are laughing over his spinning T7 and cookies! It was hilarious! He ended up rebooting and going on his way.

Some of the encounters in this game make me happy

I'd love to see Jason expand on it as well. In my experience, the folks on XBOX (where you play, right Ganksalot?) are usually way more chill about the cops and robbers thing. Sure, there's the usual locker room trash talk and what not but it feels like more people are "in on the joke" than PC.
I think it might be an age demographic thing

I'm not stalking you...it's just that you draw attention to yourself by coming across as the most "confused" poster about...well, everything - a kind of Elite Dangerous version of Dougal from Father Ted!

I pulled a T7 in Eravate on Wednesday and shot his drives out, and initiated voice coms and asked him if he had any cookies on board. So here we both are laughing over his spinning T7 and cookies! It was hilarious! He ended up rebooting and going on his way.

Some of the encounters in this game make me happy
My dream is to form a wing of gankers that consists of Type-7s 😁

I think it might be an age demographic thing

I'm not stalking you...it's just that you draw attention to yourself by coming across as the most "confused" poster about...well, everything - a kind of Elite Dangerous version of Dougal from Father Ted!

Starmony is a super nice and helpful guy on these forums and makes some pretty great videos. Does that help you understand my previous post?

The Replicated Man

T
My dream is to form a wing of gankers that consists of Type-7s 😁
To be honest they are quite capable. I am currently heading to colonia in one.
Bi weaves, Cargo racks, Dual AFMU, 2500 armor with an average of 35% resistances across the board, boosts to about 450

Fully combat spec and you can get close to 6000 armor with the right mods. I personally run 3 Enforcer Cannons and a Feedback Cascade Railgun

Flaming and trolling are not permitted.
That wasn't irony. It was a playful joke on your username.

Are you OK?

Oh I'm sorry, I was busy working...w-o-r-k-i-n-g (look it up!)

Oh dear, that misplaced confidence of someone who's now out of their depth, picking the wrong fight. Firstly, it was indeed an hilarious joke....pretty much on your usual level & secondly, yeah, I know; given that Troy is my username - I didn't randomly pick it...just like you didn't randomly pick the word "phist" in yours.

Am I okay?

Yes, well as "okay" as it's possible to be when attempting to converse with a chimp suffering from cerebral cortex complications as a direct result of severe head trauma; you really do bear the indelible stamp of your lowly origins, don't you?! & on that line of thinking, could someone explain that the two concepts are not mutually exclusive given the subtle sarcastic undertone of the aforementioned post?! :D

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom