I can't be sure either, that's why it's just an assumption. :) Because of their uniqueness and SAP cores it's a reasonable assumption.
That's why I intend to do missions that TDW and their allies give.

Edit: I want to see if becoming allied with the allies and doing difficult missions (and thus proving myself to TDW) will trigger something new.
I've been throwing exploration data at Neumann Camp recently, and already 3E.

Didn't seem to prompt anything new or unexpected :(

I've been running TDW missions for over a year chasing an invitation. The staggering amount of things shipped, salvage recovered, rocks mined, and people silenced... As of yet, no dice.

I done this for 3 weeks as well. I once in while would get mission in space from an unmarked (No Ship ID) Type 10 (Defender I think) telling me to buy certain commodities and deliver it to the targeted system for certain factions.

I haven't skipped out on these missions either hoping for something different an unique to do.

I can't be sure either, that's why it's just an assumption. :) Because of their uniqueness and SAP cores it's a reasonable assumption.
That's why I intend to do missions that TDW and their allies give.

Edit: I want to see if becoming allied with the allies and doing difficult missions (and thus proving myself to TDW) will trigger something new.
At the present, it's just another minor faction. It's terribly sad they stripped whatever uniqueness the dark wheel missions had. Might as well become allied with Crimson legal in Orishpucho

I've been running TDW missions for over a year chasing an invitation. The staggering amount of things shipped, salvage recovered, rocks mined, and people silenced... As of yet, no dice.

Are you now allied with all the factions that's seemingly on good standing with TDW?
One thing that I've noticed, is that both benevolent & non-benevolent missions are made to the same faction, which seems to muddy the waters a bit. The assumption being that TDW knows what they're doing, i.e. why hurt friends?

Last edited:
Spatial References

This entry lists spatial references related directly or indirectly to Raxxla. All maps are stolen from the Galactic Mapping Community Project.

Name: moon of Lave
Description: Ancient history believed the moon of Lave to be Raxxla;however Lave has no visible moon.
References:

Name: Outer Rim
Description: Upper left corner of the GalMap. Covered by map 6 & 7?.
References: The mission name "Obfuscated In The Outer Rim" is supposedly a direct reference to this region of space.

Name: Soontill
Description: Known Thargoid location?. Visited, all bodies explored, including all 9 belt clusters, nothing found.
References:
Grid reference: 250 : -46 : 121
some tinfoil here looking at this it states...Ancient history believed the moon of Lave to be Raxxla;however Lave has no visible moon... what if there was a moon then! just now its called castellan belt castellan we all know to be a governor/warden but as a massive doctor who fan I know this word to mean High ranking time lord.. has the castellan belt ever been searched something could be there in my head :)

some tinfoil here looking at this it states...Ancient history believed the moon of Lave to be Raxxla;however Lave has no visible moon... what if there was a moon then! just now its called castellan belt castellan we all know to be a governor/warden but as a massive doctor who fan I know this word to mean High ranking time lord.. has the castellan belt ever been searched something could be there in my head :)
Yes, actually. The second castellan belt cluster is speeding VERY fast through its orbit and has proven very hard to actually get into. Some have managed and reported nothing out of the ordinary.

“Shinrarta Dezhra?’ The woman laughed, her scorn plain to hear. ‘You think the Dark Wheel advertises on a station board in plain sight? That we need rookie pilots to drag a couple of tonnes of thrumpberry flavouring across to Hutton Orbital? A trivial ploy to keep the Founders off our backs.’
‘I’m gratified to hear it,’ Thorn replied. ‘You had me worried for a moment.’
‘It was a little too obvious,’ Lestenio agreed.
‘It keeps the treasure seekers and wishful thinkers occupied,’ the woman said. ‘They believe they are onto something. They have their uses for occasional menial activities. The truth is far more subtle than they will ever suspect. Shinrarta is merely a front.’
‘So …?’
‘You should not consider the Dark Wheel a single organisation, gentlemen. How could it survive for so long if it were? The Wheel has many levels, many hubs, cogs, gears and spokes. It is more akin to an affiliation of organisations that share certain common goals. Interlocking in purpose. Consider yourselves now spinning on the outermost rim.”

Excerpt From
Elite Dangerous: Premonition

Has anyone tried to look for a Rogue Planetoid in the outermost regions of the Lave system? Perhaps it escaped orbit. If it was ejected, it likely wouldn't have an orbit line.

Im thinking it might be like the voyager probes in that it's WAAY out there in the system and wont pop up on the scanners/nav panel till your close to it.

“Shinrarta Dezhra?’ The woman laughed, her scorn plain to hear. ‘You think the Dark Wheel advertises on a station board in plain sight? That we need rookie pilots to drag a couple of tonnes of thrumpberry flavouring across to Hutton Orbital? A trivial ploy to keep the Founders off our backs.’
‘I’m gratified to hear it,’ Thorn replied. ‘You had me worried for a moment.’
‘It was a little too obvious,’ Lestenio agreed.
‘It keeps the treasure seekers and wishful thinkers occupied,’ the woman said. ‘They believe they are onto something. They have their uses for occasional menial activities. The truth is far more subtle than they will ever suspect. Shinrarta is merely a front.’
‘So …?’
‘You should not consider the Dark Wheel a single organisation, gentlemen. How could it survive for so long if it were? The Wheel has many levels, many hubs, cogs, gears and spokes. It is more akin to an affiliation of organisations that share certain common goals. Interlocking in purpose. Consider yourselves now spinning on the outermost rim.”

Excerpt From
Elite Dangerous: Premonition
Drew himself admitted that his characters don't always tell the truth, so...

Edit: Besides, Drew doesn't have any information whatsoever about anything related to Raxxla.

Last edited:

1. Sadly those links are broken.
2. This gave me an idea. What if galaxy is not refering to another galaxy. It could easily be "Galaxy" singular. As in a map of the galaxy or referencing the focus as galaxy and simple quadrants etc. It's a map of the galaxy: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8. I've already gone over 1-4 map and 1 has stuff in the bubble. Map 2 has one known location in the bubble near it. Atius system. So, if you think of it as purposely being labeled galaxy as in a map of part of the galaxy with numbers it makes more sense. What is odd is that so far nothing but map 1 and 2 have locations. Although they all have anomolous search results that don't fit the exact name. So, this could help find location. Or, I'm assuming the names are lost or unused. Is there a lore reason, possibly from troubles with hyperspace, that the names are different or gone, or we are dislocated from those parts of space and those things are not part of modern maps. It could be those maps are just on the other side of the galaxy and are lost colonies from earlier hyperspace tech. That or they are all in the same area and the names are different or the stars are not represented. Either lore wise we dont' have access, or they have different names or just not there. I wonder about the different names thing.

BTW, there are several systems with seemingly just suns. Some times with asteroids. I didn't write them all down and my alt tabbing abilities are limited until probably a lucky change in wine.

It might be a good idea to fully figure out the difference between past game maps and our current one. It might make it much easier to understand the game world.

Mind you the known system they are in is the one by the pilots federation. I believe they are the ones controlling all the permits and data ultimately. Say, normal major power factions or normal military personnel? If not that is a lot of protection. Can non pilots get into shinatra? If not that just means we are insiders in ED. Maybe TDW was not really that big of a secret in the wider scheme of things. Maybe they have always been known by major powers and factions but not as known by the little people. The older stories could be from the more common mans perspective. The story of Jason and his father was Jason starting from a common mans perspective having not been raised into it by his father. So, that is already the basic story perspective from the first game. We might be massively overcomplicating things.

Drew himself admitted that his characters don't always tell the truth, so...

Edit: Besides, Drew doesn't have any information whatsoever about anything related to Raxxla.

But there is nothing fundamentally wrong about that statement. She specifically says rookie pilots. The only pilots who can get into TDW space is an elite pilot. So, technically there is no issue there. TDW was supposed to be an explorers guild basically. They sound like they were running from the corruption of the major powers. If you take all of that at face value it perfectly fits them in the game world basically. The game could just be spilling all of this out for us with no mystery. Maybe to get us to find things more quickly. And maybe to advance certain story elements.

Last edited:
Has anyone looked into the significance of Liz Ryder potentially being a descendant of Jason Ryder? I've tried Reddit searches in Google searches and can't seem to find anything that isn't completely unrelated.

Has anyone tried to look for a Rogue Planetoid in the outermost regions of the Lave system? Perhaps it escaped orbit. If it was ejected, it likely wouldn't have an orbit line.

Im thinking it might be like the voyager probes in that it's WAAY out there in the system and wont pop up on the scanners/nav panel till your close to it.

So I'm gonna assume that's a no........

Top Bottom