EDDiscovery 17.X is now out! New Spansh intergrations - 3dMap from spansh data, Station panel

On a separate note, one or two people have mentioned to me that EDD doesn't seem to have an "export as JSON" option anymore.

It still there, you need to be on a Journal view and then select the 'Export Journals' option. It may have previously been labelled 'Export JSON' and got recaptioned? I can't remember if it was on the main History tab before and got lost when Robby did the Outlining stuff.

It still there, you need to be on a Journal view and then select the 'Export Journals' option. It may have previously been labelled 'Export JSON' and got recaptioned? I can't remember if it was on the main History tab before and got lost when Robby did the Outlining stuff.

OK, I think I had tried it once, just to see that it was there. Since then I haven't tried, since I do my testing with a subset of my actual journals. So unfortunately I don't remember what it was called or how it was accessed before.

I must be totally blind. I don't see where it is now. (looking at the Journals panel) Heh. :)

Last edited:
I must be totally blind. I don't see where it is now. (looking at the Journals panel) Heh. :)

There's an Export to Excel button (should be obvious!) in the tool bar and Export Journals is one of the options you can check in the dialog that brings up.

I was just looking at the ED patch notes for tomorrow, and noticed this line item:

• Add info in Scan event to show if the body was previously discovered or mapped

It doesn't say if that includes the name and/or date of the discoverer(s), but this could be huge. Will this get tracked and sent to EDSM? Obviously we already have several years of data that won't have this, but discoverer information would be really cool to track.
Well, as it turns out it was in the strictest literal sense. What is added are "WasDiscovered" and "WasMapped" booleans, no information on who.
It's something, I guess.

There's an Export to Excel button (should be obvious!) in the tool bar and Export Journals is one of the options you can check in the dialog that brings up.

Ah! Yeah, I saw that, but I assumed that literally meant just Excel format only. Good to know. This is what happens when I don't spend time playing the "what does this button do!?" game. ;)

Well, as it turns out it was in the strictest literal sense. What is added are "WasDiscovered" and "WasMapped" booleans, no information on who.
It's something, I guess.

Ah, I probably should have guessed. That's still useful though. At one point I was trying to script something to scan my journals for my own discoveries. It became impossible as of 3.3, since we only got discovery information from selling data, at the star system level instead of per-body. While this still won't indicate whether someone else sells the data before you, and gets the tag, at least it can indicate if it was a new discovery at the time of the scan. Better than nothing.

Awesome tool! Am I missing something with the text command add-on though? I've tried the chat text commands and they don't seem to do anything.

Can you please tell me how to show the number of jumps I’ve done on DW2? Since journal entries were included the history line number doesn’t match.
Really must read the manual for this app!!!

Find the jump into Pallaeni and set that as the start of your current trip (right click, Set Start Marker...).

The travel tab in your stats panel will acquire a "Trip" column (if the time dropdown is Summary) that shows you from that marker to now. You can set a stop marker when you get home, and a new start marker when you head back out again.

Can you please tell me how to show the number of jumps I’ve done on DW2? Since journal entries were included the history line number doesn’t match.
Really must read the manual for this app!!!

If you go into the statistics panel you set a start and end date for your current trip and see exactly what you have done between those two dates.

If you go into the statistics panel you set a start and end date for your current trip and see exactly what you have done between those two dates.

Setting a start marker is less effort and persists across sessions though.

Anybody have any ideas about the text command thing?

I am aware of it, but not particularly interested in it so I've not paid it a lot of attention. You're more likely to get a prompt answer on that if you ask on Discord (where the developer responsible is more active than the forums). There's an invite link to the channel in the Help menu in app if you're not in there already.

And.. 10.6 is out. Updates to match ED 3.4, plus other tweaks.

See the wiki entry for help on the experimental chat console and its options from ED local chat. https://github.com/EDDiscovery/EDDiscovery/wiki/Chat-Console

We may add in more control options in future, its an experiment to see if people find it useful.

@Baxder. I've found it. Frontier have changed the name casing of the information which identifies its a local message. So, it's not being recognised.

Will have to wait for 10.6.1 to fix.. maybe in a few days

Anyone else having problems with EDD performance recently?
For a few weeks now EDD will lock up when ED is running and everything runs very slowly.
My uploads to EDSM seem very haphazard and I am sure some have been totally missed.
I have asked over on Discord, but the responses didn't really take me forward.
I have a high spec system (i7-7700K, M.2 SSD, GTX 1080, 34Mbps internet). Win 10 Game mode is OFF.
I have used EDD for a long time (70k systems) up to now with no problems; it is amazing.
Any ideas? :)

Anyone else having problems with EDD performance recently?
For a few weeks now EDD will lock up when ED is running and everything runs very slowly.
My uploads to EDSM seem very haphazard and I am sure some have been totally missed.
I have asked over on Discord, but the responses didn't really take me forward.
I have a high spec system (i7-7700K, M.2 SSD, GTX 1080, 34Mbps internet). Win 10 Game mode is OFF.
I have used EDD for a long time (70k systems) up to now with no problems; it is amazing.
Any ideas? :)
EDDiscovery has been lowering ED framerate at quite often while running. I solved it by creating a batch file that runs it at low cpu priority. Create a bat file and paste this:
Code:
start "elite discovery" /D "C:\Program Files\EDDiscovery\EDDiscovery\" /LOW "C:\Program Files\EDDiscovery\EDDiscovery\EDDiscovery.exe"

My system is AMD Ryzen 1500X, RX580, 16GB ram, ssd.

I have noticed an increased frequency of late of EDD apparently locking up & not responding for a while, but it hasn’t seemed to affect ED. Either it eventually wakes up or I kill the process and restart.

What I have most definitely noticed during DW2 is that when typing in a comment against a system the cursor keeps jumping to the very left of the text box so I end up with nonsense. I thought it was me hitting a control key combination to reset the cursor position, but I think it’s EDD itself

Top Bottom