Release Neutron Highway long range route planner

Is there any way that I can use the checkmark feature so that the site remembers where I've already mapped, but doesn't reload the route without those if my browser closes?
Basically if I'm in the middle of a route and take a break, browser crashes, I close it, have to restart the pc, whatever, it will then research the route, changing it because I've been to some of the places. This is an AMAZING aspect of the tool, but can be a bit frustrating having to constantly tweak the route and adjust it.

Is there any way that I can use the checkmark feature so that the site remembers where I've already mapped, but doesn't reload the route without those if my browser closes?
Basically if I'm in the middle of a route and take a break, browser crashes, I close it, have to restart the pc, whatever, it will then research the route, changing it because I've been to some of the places. This is an AMAZING aspect of the tool, but can be a bit frustrating having to constantly tweak the route and adjust it.
Not currently, though generating a new route from your current position should cover it. It's something I may be able to add at a later stage but it's not currently on the roadmap.

Anyone know why this is happening? I get the same when values are set to 700k, thanks o7

Basically if I'm in the middle of a route and take a break, browser crashes, I close it, have to restart the pc, whatever, it will then research the route, changing it because I've been to some of the places. This is an AMAZING aspect of the tool, but can be a bit frustrating having to constantly tweak the route and adjust it. If I go from having 10 max systems and finishing 3, to
Not currently, though generating a new route from your current position should cover it. It's something I may be able to add at a later stage but it's not currently on the roadmap.

Ok that's what I've been doing. That works for now, was just a thought I had.

Basically if I'm in the middle of a route and take a break, browser crashes, I close it, have to restart the pc, whatever, it will then research the route, changing it because I've been to some of the places. This is an AMAZING aspect of the tool, but can be a bit frustrating having to constantly tweak the route and adjust it. If I go from having 10 max systems and finishing 3, to

Ok that's what I've been doing. That works for now, was just a thought I had.
Not really right now, I could add route saving potentially which I'll consider (since I'm already saving searches). For now, if you were really paranoid you could always export the route as CSV before you finish.

I'm trying to use the Neutron router to get back to the bubble. After supercharging, the next neutron star in the router is still farther than my ship's range. Would this be from something I'm doing wrong, or is that just the next closest neutron star and I'll need to jump as far as I can to regular stars and then normal jump to the next neutron ?

I'm trying to use the Neutron router to get back to the bubble. After supercharging, the next neutron star in the router is still farther than my ship's range. Would this be from something I'm doing wrong, or is that just the next closest neutron star and I'll need to jump as far as I can to regular stars and then normal jump to the next neutron ?

If you enable the option to use supercharged jumps in the galaxy map you'll be able to supercharge then plot to the next system even if it's further away than you can jump, then the in game plotter will automatically plot inbetween jumps for you.

If you enable the option to use supercharged jumps in the galaxy map you'll be able to supercharge then plot to the next system even if it's further away than you can jump, then the in game plotter will automatically plot inbetween jumps for you.

I get the "Jump exceeds fuel range" message. I must be doing something wrong in the galaxy map. It won't use my supercharged jump range of 140ishLY to jump once, and then continue the plotted course towards the next neutron star. It just says I can't jump straight to the neutron star, which is usually 180+LY away.

Last edited:
wetwire helped me out with my neutron star issue: when Exigeous made his video, FSD Boost was the correct option. Since the video, Jet-cone boost was added, and THAT'S what you must select to jump with neutron stars.
That's what I was missing, and now I've successfully neutron jumped 4 times in a row.

Looks like this site is eternally waiting again. Seems to be happening more often than not. I greatly appreciate you creating this tool for the community, but it provides little purpose if it's not functional.

Is it an issue where the service is getting hammered by bogus requests? Would the inclusion of a form CAPTCHA help alleviate that if it is?

Just a thought, I have no idea what the reasoning behind the issue is.

Again, really appreciate the time and effort involved in creating this tool. Look forward to when it is consistently available again.

Basically this one was down to me, since upgrading the index to elasticsearch 7 (which should have improved speed) whenever I try to import new data it destroys search performance. I kept reducing the speed it was uploading at (this time it was about as slow as it could be) and it still brought the queue which runs the router to a standstill.

The queue has now cleared and the site should be responsive again. I'm going to attempt to downgrade elasticsearch back to 6.7 tomorrow on my development machine and see if that works better once more.

For now the data is a week or so stale but it'll still work fine just without any new data on the road to riches (there's still plenty there).

With regards to the captcha, the router is powered by a queue so even thousands of requests wouldn't bring the site down (but might slow things down). Even when the site was at it slowest tonight I was still able to generate a route, you just had to wait quite a while (I believe I waited 10-15 minutes but it did generate).

Yep, back working again - thanks for the quick response Spansh. Greatly appreciate your efforts, this is such a necessary tool for pilots just starting out in their careers.

Thanks again for the quick response, and keeping on top of your upgrades.

Yep, back working again - thanks for the quick response Spansh. Greatly appreciate your efforts, this is such a necessary tool for pilots just starting out in their careers.

Thanks again for the quick response, and keeping on top of your upgrades.

So after some more tweaking and optimising a new upload is several hours in and the load on the live machine is low, routes are still generating and the site is still running. I'll try and keep an eye on it but it tends to be late in the run (around the 30-32million systems mark) where things start to get really slow because of the higher quality and quantity of data since those patches.

Hopefully it'll all work and I can re-enable daily refreshes again.

As a side effect, road to riches routes are now generating quite a bit quicker once more too.

Edit: Everything processed fine and during the actual import process no route generation or searching was affected, I also believe I can increase the import speed a little more without affecting speed. There was a slight hiccup of 1-3 minutes when I switched indexes from the old to the new as the caches were flushed and populated with the new data. I'm looking pre-loading this before switching the indexes at some point but for now it may affect loading the bodies and systems search pages for a short period after the indexes are refreshed. If you see the page missing some elements (like sliders), then wait a minute or two and reload for now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom