Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

Thanks! I'll make a screendump of that and use as my wallpaper. Then I can look and laugh, whenever I feel slightly misanthropic.

The original was listed at No 4 on the beeb's "Forty Landmarks from BBC2":

"
3) Live snooker was originally hampered by being in black and white, but the introduction of Pot Black changed that. But there were not even enough professional players to start with and the audience had to be cajoled in from the BBC canteen.

4) This led to the infamously unhelpful quote from commentator Ted Lowe, who said: "Steve is going for the pink ball - and for those of you who are watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green."

.... 🍿

Apart from saving passengers from burning stations (nah), does anyone know what is currently a good way to grind Fed rank?
I do very profitable passenger runs (Ceos - Sothis). I usually take deliver report missions when taking passengers in Ceos, carry them to stations in Sothis, take more reports, carry them back to Ceos, deliver the passengers and take new ones. My rank goes up quickly, and once it reaches 100%, I expect a rank up mission. It's kind of a side goal that doesn't require much attention.

Edit: I make around 10 million per trip from passenger carrying, which makes powerplay and 50 million missions to the centre of the galaxy a joke.

Last edited:
I decided to do some exploring of nearby systems that might be good for mining.

I found this one system with 3 ringed bodies, and so I went over to scan them. One turned out to be a ringed star, rather than a gas giant. Dropping into the ring, it was so brightly lit that I could not even see the Pulse Wave Scanner results!

It made for an interesting screenshot, though, kinda different looking, almost colorless. There were hotspots, but it was too hard to see anything to actually mine in there :)

I decided to do some exploring of nearby systems that might be good for mining.

I found this one system with 3 ringed bodies, and so I went over to scan them. One turned out to be a ringed star, rather than a gas giant. Dropping into the ring, it was so brightly lit that I could not even see the Pulse Wave Scanner results!

It made for an interesting screenshot, though, kinda different looking, almost colorless. There were hotspots, but it was too hard to see anything to actually mine in there :)

View attachment 129280
Nice screenshot! What's the name of the system? Might travel there some day...

I do very profitable passenger runs (Ceos - Sothis). I usually take deliver report missions when taking passengers in Ceos, carry them to stations in Sothis, take more reports, carry them back to Ceos, deliver the passengers and take new ones. My rank goes up quickly, and once it reaches 100%, I expect a rank up mission. It's kind of a side goal that doesn't require much attention.

Edit: I make around 10 million per trip from passenger carrying, which makes powerplay and 50 million missions to the centre of the galaxy a joke.
Thanks! Tried Sothis-Ceos the other night, but I found the mission boards confusing compared to Mainani-Ngalinn. I was probably just having one of those days, and I'll give it another try (y)

I got on quite well stacking data missions between Sothis and Ceos. Mind you, it did feel a bit grindy at times. I need to find a similar run for upping my Imperial rank. I want a Cutter one day.

It's a pity the Alliance doesn't have a ranking. (Rebel) Alliance Scum would be a great title.

I need to find a similar run for upping my Imperial rank. I want a Cutter one day.
Mainani-Ngalinn
You are welcome.

Thanks! Tried Sothis-Ceos the other night, but I found the mission boards confusing compared to Mainani-Ngalinn. I was probably just having one of those days, and I'll give it another try (y)
Some time ago it was similar to Mainani run. But then FD added a lot more stations to these systems and nice smooth run become a PITA. I would call it a proper nerf via the game mechanics though, unlike the usual FD nerf hammer smashes.

Yay, laser T9 finished, more testing required now it's engineered.

T9-Mining
T9-Trade
T9-Station Salvage

Now, what other T9s can I build? :unsure:

T9-Megaship Rescue/Repair.
I know that one. I'm at six Condas now. Mining, combat, explorer, station savior, eco friendly long range and one that I forgot what I bought for.

Edit: The last one was for trade, but that's one of the only roles were a Conda is beaten, by the Cutter. Don't have a Vette yet, but I'm working on it...

Last edited:
I know that one. I'm at six Condas now. Mining, combat, explorer, station savior, eco friendly long range and one that I forgot what I bought for.

Edit: The last one was for trade, but that's one of the only roles were a Conda is beaten, by the Cutter. Don't have a Vette yet, but I'm working on it...

6!? Haven't even got one yet :D

I could get one if I wanted though. The sluggish, massive heifer that is my T9 is discouraging me from further large ships. No doubt, I'll be eating my words at some point!

The sluggish, massive heifer that is my T9 is discouraging me from further large ships. No doubt, I'll be eating my words at some point!
You may not, actually :)
I have a Conda, I can buy a lot of them, but I'm not going to. I do not like all these bulky space cows too and use them only when there is no better alternative. What can be better than Conda for exploration? With that 75+ jump range and a lot of space for all your explostuff there is no rival... But do I like FLYING it? Hell, no! My beloved ship is Imperial Courier. Fast, agile and with a great cockpit resembling that of a fighter plane.

6!? Haven't even got one yet :D

I could get one if I wanted though. The sluggish, massive heifer that is my T9 is discouraging me from further large ships. No doubt, I'll be eating my words at some point!
Have you dirty dragged your drives? That helped a lot on my T-10, but yes, when I take one of the smaller ships, I realize how agile they are. Almost too much, when you're used to a larger ship.

Thanks very much :):) Have a look at the other videos Ed has done as well, they all have a bit of a pop at some of the more bizarre npc / mission behaviour of Elite. The one about rescuing people from a burning station is priceless :D
I'm already at it :) How did you make the lip sync?

Top Bottom