Notice April Update - Known Issues (24/04/2019)

PC players can lower down their options, sure - but what about the Xbox One players? The framerate I have now within the ring(!) is pretty much something I used to have in clogged High Combat Zones in the most bizarre situations.

Last edited:
@picommander -- There are two types of ground installations that feature in Planetary Scan Jobs that have no security/trespass zone. One is labeled a Building and the other an Outpost. In both cases the Data Points are Public and need no security. This is of four types of installation used by PSJs; the other two do have Private DPs and Trespass Zones as well as other security like Skimmers or Defence Turrets.

So the training isn't in error, it just doesn't (and could not) cover all situations. Experience is the best teacher anyway.

@Will Flanagan the DSS mapping bug is not fixed. i was mapping this body on the right and i literally saw the other body next to it getting mapped too. well at least on the hud.
mapping.gif

54815563215509f7e.png

Last edited:
ship rebuy glitch , doing a data research mission in rhea. got destroyed by defence turret , and the ship rebuy screen came up with only A sidewinder available (0 cr).,but my ship cobra mk iii ) was respawned (phew), no options of rebuying my ship came up

Wow. Look at all the code writers.

Maybe Frontier should hire them? :)

Well, be glad the guys who wrote the Viper's software were not game programmers or 'enthusiasts'. But this is true: both fighter jets and software project leads constantly have to work against gravity. So better not be at places like Ceres Tarn 🍺

O7,
🙃

Last edited:
I don't see the Keyboard lockout bug, when you get a incoming message and you open comms then open the message- if someone does a FSDInterdiction while it is open OR is you close comms without first closing open message- it will lock out the keyboard and there is nothing to do but a hard reboot???
Just move from the message tab back to the leftmost tab before you close close the comms panel and you will have your keyboard back.

On the market, why aren't there just separate +1 +10 and +100 buttons? The automatic increment change is much more annoying and easy to undershoot/overshoot by large amounts.

Wanted to write the same! Filling, and unloading my T9 now takes AGES after the update! This change should be easy?

• Buying/selling commodities is now faster – whilst using a mouse it will incrementally speed up, and when selling it will default to the maximum amount you have in your hold

Does this include powerplay items?
There is no mouse on PS4.....it does not speed up....

I have seen these bug ridden episodes in another game. Not saying its the same, but....

They used older versions of the game to make changes, this reintroduced old bugs back into the current version. Old BGSO players will know what I'm on about. I really hope I'm wrong.

These known issues are only scratching the surface of bugs that occurred as a result of this last update, and you still have old bugs to work out. You need more QA staff, the current amount is not enough. How about the fact that all canopies are made of paper now? When will that be fixed?

@picommander -- I never said PSJs are the full gamut of planetary installation missions, just that they feature installations with no trespass zones. Frequency of this happening is inconsequential. Discovering how to deal with security setups is the fun part, and need not be a threat at all. Doing PSJs in ships is just silly, scanning the DPs is simpler in an SRV, faster if you know your business, and safer than a ship because you can completely avoid any deadly threat without firing a shot. Skimmers at Buildings are cannon fodder and even a new Commander should have no difficulty with them if they use a little common sense. Outposts with Defence Turrets can be stealth-scanned very easily with just a little attention to the layout of the installations. Since the 4 types never vary, it doesn't take long to recognize them from the air and respond accordingly.

For other kinds of planetary missions involving installations, there are no doubt differing strategies, but learning the basics is just that -- basic. Leave the Commanders to learn and figure out their own strategies, it boosts the feeling of accomplishment. There was no training for planetary missions when I started ED, yet I've never lost a ship to one of them and they have been a mainstay of my income since I could afford a ship that can carry the SRV. Some were real hoots simply because landing on the planet was a major chore (e.g., Mitterand Hollow) -- can't train for that, just gotta try it.

Last edited:
Frontier? Why are you re-using code that introduces bugs you already fixed? Now this bug is back again. @ random deploy SRV and see how the game hangs during deployment and you have to re-log to be placed > 3 KM from your ship. Fantastic Frontier, just f'ing fantastic.

Hello Commanders,

We have been monitoring the feedback you've been making here on the forums, across social media and on the Issue Tracker. We wanted to give you an update on some of the concerns and bugs that have been raised.
  • Drag Munitions
    • Based on your feedback, we will revert the change that we made to Drag Munitions, changing them back to how they worked prior to the April Update. However, this is something we may look to revisit in the future.
  • Frame Rate Issues
    • We believe the cause of this is down to the 'FX Quality' setting in the graphics options. We're currently investigating a fix for the issue, but would recommend lowering your graphics settings in the meantime.
  • We are also investigating fixes for these known issues:
    • SRV damage multiplying when in multiplayer sessions
    • Module priorities resetting
    • Shield module turning on (after previously being deactivated)
    • ‘Restock All’ quick option not functioning
    • Buying/selling commodities is now faster – whilst using a mouse it will incrementally speed up, and when selling it will default to the maximum amount you have in your hold
We are not able to give you an exact date on when the patch with these fixes will be deployed, but aim to release it next week. As mentioned, investigations for these fixes are ongoing so times are subject to change.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Please fix also the Killmissions...I try to get a higher rank in Combat and kill ELITE ships in missions...these guys show up again...and again...and again....that sucks !

Top Bottom