Played half an hour...

... thought I'd do some simple trucking.

Four separate issues with the new market interface making it a dysfunctional pain to use and a headache from the forum colour scheme.

Good job.

Bugs or design issues? I haven't even tried this update due to bugs, but the livestream coverage of the marketing tools made me excited about trading (something that's really not happened before in this game).

I havent touched the game in almost a year due to frustration with... so many ongoing bugs. Reinstalled the game and even wiped out my 4000+ hour save the other night to see if the last year's worth of patches significantly improved anything, but...

Ive already had my sidewinder blown up from a "bounty" that should not have existed (mission target ships were deserters, mission not illegal, but completing it got me bounties anyway), Ive found target ships frozen in space - didnt move even when I shot them, Ive jumped into numerous "mission target" locations and heard the "mission objective detected" message, only to find no objectives and eventually running out of time for the missions, I can see through suns, the game is weirdly laggy and unstable near stations and in dogfights when it was never laggy for me before, I am repeatedly interdicted by NPC ships who vanish never show up in local space, etc etc. Kinda tired of bothering with it.

I feel like an idiot for reinstalling and expecting something else. And the "issue tracker" system with the "validation" system... lol.

I havent touched the game in almost a year due to frustration with... so many ongoing bugs. Reinstalled the game and even wiped out my 4000+ hour save the other night to see if the last year's worth of patches significantly improved anything, but...

Ive already had my sidewinder blown up from a "bounty" that should not have existed (mission target ships were deserters, mission not illegal, but completing it got me bounties anyway), Ive found target ships frozen in space - didnt move even when I shot them, Ive jumped into numerous "mission target" locations and heard the "mission objective detected" message, only to find no objectives and eventually running out of time for the missions, I can see through suns, the game is weirdly laggy and unstable near stations and in dogfights when it was never laggy for me before, I am repeatedly interdicted by NPC ships who vanish never show up in local space, etc etc. Kinda tired of bothering with it.

I feel like an idiot for reinstalling and expecting something else. And the "issue tracker" system with the "validation" system... lol.

Somehow i feel we dont play the same game? Oo
I have never such issues you posted.

Bugs or design issues? I haven't even tried this update due to bugs, but the livestream coverage of the marketing tools made me excited about trading (something that's really not happened before in this game).
Space Trucker FTW!!!

Btw the OP is amazingly detailed. Was this guy hired by Star Citizens™ or something?
lolz anyway
Got my Type-9 , Fly 790Cargo capacity NO shields and NO flight assists XD smashing and smearing my Type-9 all over them Space Ports XD

IMO the in game trading update is pretty good. I get alot of my data using the EDMC.exe and EDDB website. But now in game has faster up to speed info, using both really has boosted my Space Trucking income! :)

Last edited:
Somehow i feel we dont play the same game? Oo
I have never such issues you posted.
Yeah.... yeah on Steam I get the same impression. There seem to be 2 entirely different sets of players, with one set totally and blithely unaware of any sort of problems, development issues, etc, and claiming the game is basically flawless and that anyone complaining must have some sort of credibility issue, and the other group claim to have spent often THOUSANDS of hours in the game and to have major criticisms with how the game has developed into what it is today. I wonder why the black/white opinions?

I could reproduce the issue I described above in 10 minutes, and I could write exhaustively about my experiences on the bug reporting forums over the years. But dont take my word for it..

It is what it is if you don't like it don't play it it's that simple. I have and thoroughly enjoy both X4 Foundations and E D Horizons.
You just have to take it as it comes all games have bugs and things players don't like. :):):)(y)(y)(y):coffee::coffee:

Does it have tons of bugs...yes. Does it feel like they are not actually making any attempt at fixing the bugs...yes. Is it still a fun game if you look past the bugs, and accept that it is a game, it is programming, and you could not do as well yourself...yes. Most of the bugs I have encountered are frustrating, but far from game breaking. My biggest bug is the fact that every time I try to land my Beluga at a station without auto docking, the game will ignore my existence since it is not tracking my ship, and inevitably spear my ship inside the mouth of the orbital with some other dinky ship. This of course gets me either blown up, or damn near blown up. So I sacrifice having a super cruise module on the ship so I can just let it auto dock...that way it knows where I am and does not try to bankrupt me.

Yeah.... yeah on Steam I get the same impression. There seem to be 2 entirely different sets of players, with one set totally and blithely unaware of any sort of problems, development issues, etc, and claiming the game is basically flawless and that anyone complaining must have some sort of credibility issue, and the other group claim to have spent often THOUSANDS of hours in the game and to have major criticisms with how the game has developed into what it is today. I wonder why the black/white opinions?

That 2nd group, with the "thousands of hours" must have enjoyed the game despite their complaints and certainly got their money's worth. Anyone who has invested that much time in the game is undoubtedly going to be at the point where the flaws are more glaring.....they should have accomplished anything and everything and have little else to hold their attention anymore.

That 2nd group, with the "thousands of hours" must have enjoyed the game despite their complaints and certainly got their money's worth. Anyone who has invested that much time in the game is undoubtedly going to be at the point where the flaws are more glaring.....they should have accomplished anything and everything and have little else to hold their attention anymore.

So you are basically saying "sounds like you already got your money's worth/you've done all there is to do, so why complain?" rather than just acknowledging... my complaints, and the complaints of others. Ok.

1. There is HUGE amounts of content I have yet to experience, and last I checked content was still forthcoming. Do you know I have yet to lay eyes on a Thargoid ship in local space? Ive been running missions and playing the game THE WAY I FEEL LIKE (you know, the marketing... etc...), which was to slowly save up as much credits and ships as I can before launching into other, deeper, more risky activities. That was MY game.

2. Regardless of how much time I spent, or if I've "done it all" (which I have not), I do not like the issues that have been left in the game for all these years, and I only dealt with them all that time because other aspects of the game continued to deliver me enjoyment. Over time, more and more of my favorite aspects of the game have gone downhill, and I even wiped out a 4500 hour save-game to try to freshen up my experience. You dont think I should share that experience here eh? How weird.

Does it have tons of bugs...yes. Does it feel like they are not actually making any attempt at fixing the bugs...yes. Is it still a fun game if you look past the bugs, and accept that it is a game, it is programming, and you could not do as well yourself...yes.

Say what?

So if I just ignore.... all the bugs... and the fact that some are 24+ months old and the devs seem to not care or actually desire the outcome, it is fine? Because Im not a programmer? Hmm

@Milkman76, not saying you should be happy about the bugs at all...but with 1000 hours in the game you certainly can't ignore that you got what you paid for in spades. I'd consider myself lucky if every game I purchased gave me even half of that many hours of entertainment.

@Milkman76, not saying you should be happy about the bugs at all...but with 1000 hours in the game you certainly can't ignore that you got what you paid for in spades. I'd consider myself lucky if every game I purchased gave me even half of that many hours of entertainment.
Maybe it's not about $/hr spent right now, maybe it's about quality control, and those that might not spend $$ in the future because of the QC.

Maybe it's not about $/hr spent right now, maybe it's about quality control, and those that might not spend $$ in the future because of the QC.
I feel that ED is on par with other big software devs, say Bethesda Softworks. Elders Scrolls games are notorious bugfests, most of which BethSoft never fixes; player made unofficial overhauls typically fill in the gap.

I don't like it, but with a game like ED of galactic scope it's not surprising. And ED is very playable; I have encountered relatively few bugs. I feel there are more design flaws than actual bugs.

Top Bottom