Notice April Update - Known Issues (24/04/2019)

So as normal, the Devs are more concerned with fixing minor bugs rather than trying to fix the major issues that prevent Cmdr's from even getting back into the game at all. I am writing about the Adjudication error issues that prevent you from playing any more than a couple of minutes game time.
Sorry about the rant, but I have been playing this game since its original release in 1984 and have seen this happen regularly.
Fixing minor bugs is the first step. No one will play a buggy game. Glad to see they're fixing it, and with the introduction of training simulations, the pilots handbook and beginners zone I'm sure it'll help new players settle in. They also said that the next few updates will be player-friendly focused.

Elite has never been broadly less than buggy. Bugs come and go and come back, and the game is varying degrees of playable, but there are always a few glaring issues and countless more small ones if you look closely enough.

I didn't expect a bug free, or even a non-buggy, game at this point. I just want bugs kept to an appropriate minimum.
Agree with you there. I personally didn't encounter much bugs before the update - but they have already posted with plans for a new patch next week. (y)

Anyone know when this patch will be going live?
Monday when we get the 'improved' CG's?
Most of the main game ones are just irritating, but I was not expecting anything for veteran players this time around (the improvements for beginners must be applauded though).
My gripe?
They broke CQC, literally unplayable now.
And no mention of fixing it.

Anyone know when this patch will be going live?
Monday when we get the 'improved' CG's?
Most of the main game ones are just irritating, but I was not expecting anything for veteran players this time around (the improvements for beginners must be applauded though).
My gripe?
They broke CQC, literally unplayable now.
And no mention of fixing it.
They said next week so chase it up if it's not live by Friday.

It's pretty normal to have a few patches to fix an update, they usually come in within the first few weeks. Some will be harder to fix than others.

The number of issues unaddressed keeps building though, imo they need to sort that by communicating with their customers about the recent questionable design decisions and management of expectations over reasonable timescales.

Yea, a hotfix for power priority is needed badly. The game is unplayable unti it is fixed. This is literally a game breaking issue.

I've been doing some CZ work yesterday & today and have become quite adept at re-setting my combat ship's power priorities every time I drop into real space from supercruise. It takes me about as long as the hardpoints take to deploy now. Admittedly that ship only runs at 101% with hardpoints deployed to make sure it's not completely disabled if the Power Plant is damaged. I have a disabled AFMU but fortunately it's remained off so far (possibly because I haven't needed to use it yet).

The way the power priorities get messed up is really odd, sometimes it retains some of the changes I want making it actually take longer to set them correctly than it would if they were all consistently just re-set to 1.

I just want to keep the Canopy nerf front and center for FD's eyes on Monday morning.

Please let us know if everyone's canopy really has been halved in hit points (and if so, for heaven's sake why?! Canopies need a buff, not a nerf) or if it's just a display change.

"Buying/selling commodities is now faster – whilst using a mouse it will incrementally speed up, and when selling it will default to the maximum amount you have in your hold "

Is this supposed to be fixed? It isn't for me, and it's absolute unplayable torture trying to fill a large hold right now.

I really hope the power priority bug is fixed ASAP too. Also... does anyone know if a bug has been reported with various panes freezing up? I've had this trying to lock onto a target in Navigation most often, but sometimes had freezes trying to launch my SLF or correct Module priority issues.

Guest193293

G
You can't change individual settings on console (PS4 Pro in my case) and switching to performance mode doesn't help either. As soon as you get closer than 8km to any station, the frame rate drops below 30, often by a lot.

Yes, and once you get inside the framerate must be at ~20/15.
There is also a commodities market bug where after a few minutes the selection is glitched, going up and down and it just reset itself at the top/bottom and you need to scroll through again. Also had one where I could see the market but could not select anything and scroll through it, I had to refresh/re-select one of the filters; had another one where when I selected a commodity to buy and the small screen popped up, the selection was still behind stuck on the market screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buing/selling commodities is a pain in the neck. I´m USING the mouse, as I did before the update. The acceleration routine was implemented before. Now it´s gone and I have to wait ages to fill my cutter or have to ruin my mouse resp. my finger. I don´t understand how such bugs make it into an update. Or are we in a Beta without telling us? I know, such things have happened before and will happen again. Seems to me, the devs / programmers work their modules but are loosing overview. And the mentioned buy / sell routine obviously wasn´t checked, perhaps due to a lack of time, too much stress or simply no interest ( well, it´s kind of beta, we will see, what shows up in the first week...) I don´t hope for the latter.

@leifhansson -- I have found that using the keyboard -- D to increase and S to decrease the item count in the Buy/Sell UI -- is a way to get the accelerated value entry,* though it tends to be a bit clumsy, at least for me, as I have to use mouse, keyboard AND joystick to complete the transaction. Previously I could use the mouse alone.

*Thanks to Para Handy for that suggestion.

@leifhansson -- I have found that using the keyboard -- D to increase and S to decrease the item count in the Buy/Sell UI -- is a way to get the accelerated value entry,* though it tends to be a bit clumsy, at least for me, as I have to use mouse, keyboard AND joystick to complete the transaction. Previously I could use the mouse alone.

*Thanks to Para Handy for that suggestion.

I'm using the keyboard as a workaround too but just to note; it is faster than using the mouse but still not accellerated ie the qty does not go up by an increasingly faster rate the longer the button is held down for.

The buy/sell accelleration is missing, but also the rate of change is different depending on controller method - both issues should be rectified or justified.

I just want to keep the Canopy nerf front and center for FD's eyes on Monday morning.

Please let us know if everyone's canopy really has been halved in hit points (and if so, for heaven's sake why?! Canopies need a buff, not a nerf) or if it's just a display change.

Good morning FD. Any news on what’s up with the canopy nerf? Is it really a nerf or just a display change. Please don’t leave us twisting in the wind.

Top Bottom