Guardians Discussions

Is it just me or are the activated pylons no longer sending beams up into the sky? Has this been reported as bug? (couldn't find it).

On Gnosis, activated the Guardian Structure in system, successfully .. beams into the sky, no problem.

My problem is, when I jettisoned the Relic nothing happened. Had to give up in the end, Sentinels are back!

Any advice please?

Do I need to abandon the Relic rather than just drop it? Do you have to collect a new Relic in sequence?
Even stood it exactly on the data point's X. Quite cool because it shone in the beam but .. nope.

Last edited:
On Gnosis, activated the Guardian Structure in system, successfully .. beams into the sky, no problem.

My problem is, when I jettisoned the Relic nothing happened. Had to give up in the end, Sentinels are back!

Any advice please?

Do I need to abandon the Relic rather than just drop it? Do you have to collect a new Relic in sequence?
Even stood it exactly on the data point's X. Quite cool because it shone in the beam but .. nope.

You probably did what I did ...

That moment when you realise you should have brought a Guardian Key and not a Guardian Relic.

0a4PQtr.png

Basically some of the sites need you to jettison a relic into the slot and others need a Guardian key which you get from the Guardian beacon structures found in space elsewhere. I clearly forgot which is which but I think the two different types of Guardian site have different names. Annoyingly, the beacon tells you where to take the key but if you find a key site first it doesn't tell you where to get a key.

Edit: oh, and see what I mean? No lights from the pylons going up into the sky.

Last edited:
You probably did what I did ...

That moment when you realise you should have brought a Guardian Key and not a Guardian Relic.

Basically some of the sites need you to jettison a relic into the slot and others need a Guardian key which you get from the Guardian beacon structures found in space elsewhere. I clearly forgot which is which but I think the two different types of Guardian site have different names. Annoyingly, the beacon tells you where to take the key but if you find a key site first it doesn't tell you where to get a key.

Edit: oh, and see what I mean? No lights from the pylons going up into the sky.

Ah. Nice one. Luckily alreay stumbled into a Beacon .. so en route, thanks. You're right though .. something to scan to give a beacon site (maybe the completed glyph) would seem a good idea.

I see what you mean with the beams missing in your pic but my site yesterday (no screenshot) did have vertical beams once activated so not sure.

Is that right? I got the Guardian FSD and I've never been to a Guardian beacon. I did it all at the site - collected the item, opened and charges the statues, killed the attackers and dropped the item in front and scanned the ball that raised up.

Hate to disagree with the reply from Tassier, but no, that isn't right. I have just unlocked all the Guardian Tech in a new profile and the beacons (i.e. the keys) are still only required to unlock the vessel blueprints (for unlocking the 3 Guardian SLF). For everything else, it's the usual unlock with a relic.

Edit: Having said that, the Commander having issues was probably at the incorrect site - though he doesn't mention which site. So if he is not succeeding with a relic, he needs to go to a correct site for unlocking a module, instead of possibly being at site for unlocking a vessel blueprint.

Commander Loanstar, I suggest you have a look here for the relevant sites and what they provide:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1es0ImD7f6dR3TU25C2uibQFlG5eQViigijnt1vwf-Pg

I got that list from Canonn.science - just to give credit where it's due ;)

Also, have a look here for what you need:

https://inara.cz/galaxy-techbroker/

Last edited:
Ah. Nice one. Luckily alreay stumbled into a Beacon .. so en route, thanks. You're right though .. something to scan to give a beacon site (maybe the completed glyph) would seem a good idea.

I see what you mean with the beams missing in your pic but my site yesterday (no screenshot) did have vertical beams once activated so not sure.

The light beam appears when the energy pylon is fully charged by firing into the lit area with the srv primary weapon. If it doesn't light you haven’t hit it enough...
see https://elite-dangerous.fandom.com/wiki/Ancient_Data_Terminal
and Cmdr Exigeous’s instructional vids are all good https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J9C9a00-rkQ

Last edited:
The light beam appears when the energy pylon is fully charged by firing into the lit area with the srv primary weapon. If it doesn't light you haven’t hit it enough...
Oh my pylon's were fully charged - you can tell because all 6 panels of the "altar" have opened up. I'll report the bug.

This search for Guardian sites is considerably larger effort I contemplated. Im systematically visiting star by star in targeted area where most likely those sites are, visited over 500 systems and still now new finding. My respect to people who hunted down all knows locations, effort done is just wow.

Dumb question.

Does anyone have the Ram Tah mission logs in their personal codex archive?

Even though I did the missions, I don't have them at all, despite having archive entries dating back to *before* the Guardian missions.

Is there a common factor in type of systems where guardian bases &/or beacons are located?

edit: is there a summary of the system types where they have been found?

Last edited:
Are brain trees found on a specific type of body?

I am out in the Norma Arm and have found sinuous tubers on at least five bodies and these are the only bio signs I have ran across out here so I was wondering if brain trees are found on a specific type of body.

Are brain trees found on a specific type of body?

I am out in the Norma Arm and have found sinuous tubers on at least five bodies and these are the only bio signs I have ran across out here so I was wondering if brain trees are found on a specific type of body.
The different varieties of Braintrees have different criteria for the types of bodies they appear on. Check the Codex entries for details.

Also, though it’s not mentioned in the Codex, Braintrees also seem to be associated with Guardian areas of space. If an area of space has Braintrees then within that area will be Guardian Ruins. (Well that’s what currently appears to be the case, anyway.)

Why is Guardian Tech still effecting against Thargoids, if Guardian Vs Thargoids war was 1 million years ago?
Shouldn't Thargoids have adapted to it by now, seeing how old their race is, just from this conflicts date?

Why is Guardian Tech still effecting against Thargoids, if Guardian Vs Thargoids war was 1 million years ago?
Shouldn't Thargoids have adapted to it by now, seeing how old their race is, just from this conflicts date?
Short version: Maybe they can't? Maybe Guardian weaponry strikes at the very fundamental essence of existing as a Thargoid?

Also, perhaps because it's not straight-Guardian technology, but a human adaptation thereof?

Last edited:
Short version: Maybe they can't? Maybe Guardian weaponry strikes at the very fundamental essence of existing as a Thargoid?

Also, perhaps because it's not straight-Guardian technology, but a human adaptation thereof?

Also the Thargoids evolve and adapt slowly. When the Guardian threat vanished, they probably stopped evolving in that direction.

Top Bottom