Ships PvE FDL

Seems like ok builds!

You can equip almost any combination of weapons on the FDL and it wil propably work great.
I’m relatively new in this bird myself, but have made these observations.

1). The FDL flies infinitely better with 2,5-3 pips to ENG. Anything less and you really need to utilize FA/off. 3 pips to ENG and it’s fantastic. It’ll stall less during tight turns.
Unless you like micromanaging pips during combat, then you need to think about builds with relative low distr draw. (See my build below for an example).

2). The shields are incredible, you’ll propably never need SCB’s in pve.
Engineer your shield booster properly instead.

3). You only need to engineer a max of 2 shield boosters to heavy duty. Engineer the rest with resistanced augmented (or a specific resistance that you like to reinforce). You’ll get the overall same hp on you shields this way but on less mj and weight. What I mean here is that going all heavy duty will give you more mj (which means longer recharge times) but not more overall damage protection. Try altering the resistance augmented shield booster in my build below to heavy duty and you’ll see the overall mj and recharge times go up, but the hp will be the same

My build, pretty engineered:
MC FDL build

I really like the daka daka playstyle in this ship. 1½-2 pip to WEA and 3 pip to ENG and you’ll never need to micro manage during combat. It will recharge the WEA distributor during reloads and cool off at the same time.
I used to have a railgun with feedback cascade for dealing with SCB spamming npc’s, but the dps is so high that it’s not really needed here :devilish:

This weapon setup might semm boring, uninspired or whatever by the diehards, but it’s effective, forgiving and I love the sound of 5 MC’s shredding anything. Oh, subsystems? This builds eats subsystems fast too.
3 medium overcharged MC with incendiary rounds for shields (about 45 sustained thermal dps)
1 medium overcharged MC with corrosive effect (don’t waste dps by putting this effect on the huge MC)
1 huge overcharged MC with oversized effect for max dps (for a total of 47 sustained kinetic dps - but remember the corrosive effect on the medium MC will give you additional 25% hull damage from all weapons)

This i my general purpuse mucking about build. If I need to do something specific (light trading or taxi-ing), I’ll swap the hull module to a 4a shield and insert at 5 cabin or cargo module.

Seems like ok builds!

You can equip almost any combination of weapons on the FDL and it wil propably work great.
I’m relatively new in this bird myself, but have made these observations.

1). The FDL flies infinitely better with 2,5-3 pips to ENG. Anything less and you really need to utilize FA/off. 3 pips to ENG and it’s fantastic. It’ll stall less during tight turns.
Unless you like micromanaging pips during combat, then you need to think about builds with relative low distr draw. (See my build below for an example).

2). The shields are incredible, you’ll propably never need SCB’s in pve.
Engineer your shield booster properly instead.

3). You only need to engineer a max of 2 shield boosters to heavy duty. Engineer the rest with resistanced augmented (or a specific resistance that you like to reinforce). You’ll get the overall same hp on you shields this way but on less mj and weight. What I mean here is that going all heavy duty will give you more mj (which means longer recharge times) but not more overall damage protection. Try altering the resistance augmented shield booster in my build below to heavy duty and you’ll see the overall mj and recharge times go up, but the hp will be the same

My build, pretty engineered:
MC FDL build

I really like the daka daka playstyle in this ship. 1½-2 pip to WEA and 3 pip to ENG and you’ll never need to micro manage during combat. It will recharge the WEA distributor during reloads and cool off at the same time.
I used to have a railgun with feedback cascade for dealing with SCB spamming npc’s, but the dps is so high that it’s not really needed here :devilish:

This weapon setup might semm boring, uninspired or whatever by the diehards, but it’s effective, forgiving and I love the sound of 5 MC’s shredding anything. Oh, subsystems? This builds eats subsystems fast too.
3 medium overcharged MC with incendiary rounds for shields (about 45 sustained thermal dps)
1 medium overcharged MC with corrosive effect (don’t waste dps by putting this effect on the huge MC)
1 huge overcharged MC with oversized effect for max dps (for a total of 47 sustained kinetic dps - but remember the corrosive effect on the medium MC will give you additional 25% hull damage from all weapons)

This i my general purpuse mucking about build. If I need to do something specific (light trading or taxi-ing), I’ll swap the hull module to a 4a shield and insert at 5 cabin or cargo module.

Thanks for reply

I think go with this build, change shield booster effect

Something like your first build is probably better for RES/Pirate hunting.

A heavy kinetic build is better for CZ as the military ships have crazy high hull points.
But in a RES I find sustained damage with no need for reloading serves me better, so a heavy thermal loadout.

A few other points...

Go with long range sensors rather than lightweight, you’ll be surprised just how many pirate Anaconda and other ships have managed to slip past your radar. Adding the long range mod to your sensors will have a huge effect on your credits per hour, it’s actually a more important tool than your KWS...

Also consider a pair of long range medium pulse/burst lasers, this will allow you to initiate combat while 6km out and draw big ships in to you, this is highly effective when you happen to have four security Anaconda circling above you waiting to pounce on the incoming pirate.

It also allows you to kill steal when you’re ‘late to the party’. We’ve all been in that moment when you’re watching a really juicy target going down and you’re unable to get close enough to land a hit in time to claim the bounty......long range thermals are your friend here.

Put the corrosive effect on just one of your medium hardpoints, you only need one to add the debuff to ships. My favourite combo is high capacity/corrosive...

The FDL’s major selling point is its huge hardpoint, anytime that hardpoint isn’t firing is massively lowering your dps. It may sound boring but I still find an efficient beam gets me the best results, the damage falloff should be less of a problem in the FDL as you’re able to get close and stay close...

In summary:

One x huge efficient beam
Two x medium long range burst/pulse
Two x medium overcharged and/or high capacity mc’s with corrosive/emissive?

Last edited:
Thanks for reply

I think go with this build, change shield booster effect
Seems great - read cmdr Maymos response also, that’s really good advice there also.

My only comment on your build, you dont need the heat sink, the FDL is prety cool, with a couple of points into WEA pips heat is a non issue IME. Get a chaff launcher instead for when fighting multiple enemies or when you find an anaconda or fed gunship is facetanking you by flying backwards (sneaky bas..... :LOL:)

Seems great - read cmdr Maymos response also, that’s really good advice there also.

My only comment on your build, you dont need the heat sink, the FDL is prety cool, with a couple of points into WEA pips heat is a non issue IME. Get a chaff launcher instead for when fighting multiple enemies or when you find an anaconda or fed gunship is facetanking you by flying backwards (sneaky bas..... :LOL:)

Something like your first build is probably better for RES/Pirate hunting.

A heavy kinetic build is better for CZ as the military ships have crazy high hull points.
But in a RES I find sustained damage with no need for reloading serves me better, so a heavy thermal loadout.

A few other points...

Go with long range sensors rather than lightweight, you’ll be surprised just how many pirate Anaconda and other ships have managed to slip past your radar. Adding the long range mod to your sensors will have a huge effect on your credits per hour, it’s actually a more important tool than your KWS...

Also consider a pair of long range medium pulse/burst lasers, this will allow you to initiate combat while 6km out and draw big ships in to you, this is highly effective when you happen to have four security Anaconda circling above you waiting to pounce on the incoming pirate.

Put the corrosive effect on just one of your medium hardpoints, you only need one to add the debuff to ships. My favourite combo is high capacity/corrosive...

The FDL’s major selling point is its huge hardpoint, anytime that hardpoint isn’t firing is massively lowering your dps. It may sound boring but I still find an efficient beam gets me the best results, the damage falloff should be less of a problem in the FDL as you’re able to get close and stay close...

In summary:

One x huge efficient beam
Two x medium long range burst/pulse
Two x medium overcharged and/or high capacity mc’s with corrosive/emissive?

Okay change sensors engineer mod( i thought i did asp :) ) and change heat sink to chaff launcher

This is lasest build

Okay change sensors engineer mod( i thought i did asp :) ) and change heat sink to chaff launcher

This is lasest build
I think you’re risking cooking your ship with an overcharged huge beam/overcharged/monstered power plant...

Its been a while since I FDL’d though. 🤣

Even with 4 pips in weapons you’ll drain your capacitor in 5secs. Just be careful you don’t waste a bunch of mats on a ship that’s going to perform like a boxer in the 11th round.....hot & winded...

When you’re fine tuning your set up, try working close to Broo so you can quickly make any changes, try a g3 setup first to see if your ship can take it...

Last edited:
I think you’re risking cooking your ship with an overcharged huge beam/overcharged/monstered power plant...

Well i think back to same point, i love huge beams with thermal vent beacuse ship temp low and overcharge multi cannons dps higher

Even with 4 pips in weapons you’ll drain your capacitor in 5secs. Just be careful you don’t waste a bunch of mats on a ship that’s going to perform like a boxer in the 11th round.....hot & winded...

When you’re fine tuning your set up, try working close to Broo so you can quickly make any changes, try a g3 setup first to see if your ship can take it...

Thanks for reply

First go with this build beacuse i already have this fit and i will make decision

Hi again, this is my lasest build

Hardpoints, core and optional internal fully engineered but rail guns damage is less than coriolis(or makes think like that) and this is first fixes hardpoint use maybe i change beam laser to multi cannon corrisvie shell like this

I've decided to try to "git gud" (considering dabbling i PvP later) so i'm sporting this fixed Rail/PA build right now. Takes a while to get used to fixed weapons, but i'm slowly getting used to it.

Hi again, this is my lasest build

Hardpoints, core and optional internal fully engineered but rail guns damage is less than coriolis(or makes think like that) and this is first fixes hardpoint use maybe i change beam laser to multi cannon corrisvie shell like this

The author of those guides has a beam/rail FDL build.
He uses LW on the beam and LR on the rails.
LW gives better venting and lower mass is good on the FDL.
LR is pretty standard for rails.
4x feedback is overkill and you are losing out on a lot of damage by not using some super pen.

Fill up those optional internals.

Hi again everyone, actually change my build now use fragment cannon and multi cannon also balanced shield resistance now my build like this

Uroloki64, nice FDL! Like the name too.

Mine is not too dissimilar.

Eagle Weslake

Good speed, good shields, good firepower. Lots of boosters, but I wanted to build a nice shield tank FDL. Resistances are not as balanced as I might like, but it's plenty of everything for PvE. Two heavy duty Es, two thermal As and two resistance As. Rests at 29% heat.

Weapons may be lacking originality, but it fires forever. It's true DPS. The medium multi-cannons have autoloader and beams are non-stop. The big corrosive multi-cannon does need to reload of course. Plus I just love multi-cannons. The way the hits sparkle all over the target hull. Never gets old. Because the C4 MC has no spin-up time like the mediums, I can single-shot fire that weapon to add a little corrosive even though it is on the same fire group as the other multi-cannons. A quick press of the button fires a single round. Hold it down a second more and the medium MCs spin up and start firing. I like that. Sort of like a two-stage trigger.

As a PvE ship I can get away with the class 4 scoop and GFSDB. A FDL with 30 jump is a luxury I cannot pass up :)

Still undecided what to do with the free size 1 slot. Another HRP or a MRP perhaps? How useless is a class 1 FSDI? Was thinking of installing one to start pulling cargo ships out of low wake for mats. But if a class 1 is too weak maybe not. If I do that I might swap one of the boosters for a KWS.

I am properly disappointed in the paint job choices on offer. I don't really like any of them. But I also didn't like the stock paint, so I bought the Tactical Pack and she sports graphite. Pretty nice, but I'd like something much more wild and colorful. FDev should put out an editor for us to play with. As they wouldn't care to lose the monetization, we should be able to submit it, they then make it for sale to you. I'd pay 5 bucks for that. 10 even. Like how you upload an image to a company online and they send you back a T-shirt with your dog on it.

Last edited:
Uroloki64, nice FDL! Like the name too.

Mine is not too dissimilar.

Eagle Weslake

Good speed, good shields, good firepower. Lots of boosters, but I wanted to build a nice shield tank FDL. Resistances are not as balanced as I might like, but it's plenty of everything for PvE. Two heavy duty Es, two thermal As and two resistance As. Rests at 29% heat.

Weapons may be lacking originality, but it fires forever. It's true DPS. The medium multi-cannons have autoloader and beams are non-stop. The big corrosive multi-cannon does need to reload of course. Plus I just love multi-cannons. The way the hits sparkle all over the target hull. Never gets old.

As a PvE ship I can get away with the class 4 scoop and GFSDB. A FDL with 30 jump is a luxury I cannot pass up :)

Still undecided what to do with the free size 1 slot. Another HRP or a MRP perhaps? How useless is a class 1 FSDI? Was thinking of installing one to start pulling cargo ships out of low wake for mats. But if a class 1 is too weak maybe not. If I do that I might swap one of the boosters for a KWS.

I am properly disappointed in the paint job choices on offer. I don't really like any of them. But I also didn't like the stock paint, so I bought the Tactical Pack and she sports graphite. Pretty nice, but I'd like something much more wild and colorful. FDev should put out an editor for us to play with. As they wouldn't care to lose the monetization, we should be able to submit it, they then make it for sale to you. I'd pay 5 bucks for that. 10 even. Like how you upload an image to a company online and they send you back a T-shirt with your dog on it.

I think you should balance resistance like my fdl ( this is lastest version https://s.orbis.zone/34zl ) because i tired this for hunt pirate and hunt wanted haz res and shield never lost 1 bar(4 pipe sys, 1 pipe eng and 1 pipe weapon) maybe you should try my weapon build ship temp up max %65-70 and dps too much example my last pirate hunt mission elite corvette, i turned around npc 3 times and bye bye corvette

Yeah i dont like either paint job for fdl and dont buy nothing

I dont need fuel scoop because im sitting around shinrarta and mission points near to me

But i want build fires forever build and this build like this

https://s.orbis.zone/34zw (down to earth astronomy cucumber build)

Top Bottom