Hostile from fighting in CZ - no missions taken

The C&P rewrite supposedly meant that if that happens you get transported to a detention centre - but I don't know if that's actually the case.

Somebody posted that you do indeed get relocated if you find yourself docked at a hostile station...

Overall this sounds like a good thing to me. Why would a faction you've just been killing welcome you onto their station to repair and rearm your weapons?
I'm keen to go start a war now to see how it plays out.

Cool... have they fixed the bug..... does your rep with faction move now due to CZ activity..... hope so cool

and people were complaining that fighting in a CZ was meaningless.
I think this adds some nice twists to wars/civil wars.
You could still work behind the scenes, as it were, handing in Bounties, doing missions, etc. to influence the war but if you become an active participant for one side by fighting in the CZs you become a known enemy.

I can't remember when I last was hostile to some faction out there. How does hostility work? Do they need to scan you or is it like you have fine or bounty? Of the former was the case, then you could get into stations like when smuggling which is in my eyes not too hard. Although certainly more risky than smuggling. Probably off-balanced. And also hard for new players. But that'd be alright for me.

Has it been established that this is working as intended? It's a fundamental change and I don't remember seeing anything in the patch notes.

Has it been established that this is working as intended? It's a fundamental change and I don't remember seeing anything in the patch notes.

"Fixed faction reputation and career rank changes from completing objectives at installations, megaships and Conflict Zones"

this is good news... I can confirm the CZs are working as you would expect. fighting against a faction lowers your rep......

above is a test, 1 x low CZ won, resulted in me having lower rep with the opposition. I didn't use any missions, this movement is CZ battle alone.

this is good... this means the area will become interesting if you stay and battle against factions too much....
excellent fdev.

I will test a medium one now and see if movement is the same amount

this is good news... I can confirm the CZs are working as you would expect. fighting against a faction lowers your rep......

View attachment 130246

above is a test, 1 x low CZ won, resulted in me having lower rep with the opposition. I didn't use any missions, this movement is CZ battle alone.

this is good... this means the area will become interesting if you stay and battle against factions too much....
excellent fdev.

I will test a medium one now and see if movement is the same amount

I can't see how a limit to the number of CZs you can participate in is a good thing? As OP suggests, if a war can take 7 days but now in many cases each player may only fight for two of those days, we'll now very rarely see any flips at all. That'll make things riveting for sure, a more static galaxy. :rolleyes:

"Fixed faction reputation and career rank changes from completing objectives at installations, megaships and Conflict Zones"
Didn't see through the ambiguity - I didn't know it was broken enough to fix after four years of working the same way and I've never bothered with career ranks.

yeah it was... I also reported it weeks back, a few times.
this is nt the rank with powers, this is the rep with local system factions. which add a cool twist to factions taking over an entire system, by the time you take all the assets the factions will hate you.... not only in the system but all surrounding systems that faction is in.... so some systems stations you will not be able to go near.... this is cool

yeah it was... I also reported it weeks back, a few times.
this is nt the rank with powers, this is the rep with local system factions. which add a cool twist to factions taking over an entire system, by the time you take all the assets the factions will hate you.... not only in the system but all surrounding systems that faction is in.... so some systems stations you will not be able to go near.... this is cool

I can't imagine they'd lose any sleep about not being able to dock at other systems, because in many situations that faction will now have near-permanent control over their own system - contesting their hold will be incredibly difficult if war is required.

This 'fix' has introduced another broken mechanic, hopefully it's picked up and the megaship idea or something similar appears....and soon.

I can't see how a limit to the number of CZs you can participate in is a good thing? As OP suggests, if a war can take 7 days but now in many cases each player may only fight for two of those days, we'll now very rarely see any flips at all. That'll make things riveting for sure, a more static galaxy. :rolleyes:
There's no limit to the number of CZs you can fight in, but you may not be able to cash in any bonds if there are no dockable stations/ports that aren't controlled by your opponent. You can still win the war by winning the battles.

There's no limit to the number of CZs you can fight in, but you may not be able to cash in any bonds if there are no dockable stations/ports that aren't controlled by your opponent. You can still win the war by winning the battles.
Last I checked, cashing in the bonds is what influences who wins the war/civil war, not winning the individual CZ battles. You are suggesting that was changed too?

Another post in the thread implies that cashing in the bonds at the Interstellar Factor doesn't have the same impact on war outcome that cashing in within the same system does. Google searching reveals old threads that say the same. So if you cannot dock anywhere in the system where the war is occuring to cash in your bonds then your bonds have no impact on the war/civil war....and it is the bonds that affect the outcome. ergo: a faction that controls all stations in the system has pretty much a guarantee of winning or at least obtaining a draw.

I guess if we really want the controlling faction to lose, we'll need to make sure we also do 'other things' to keep from becoming hostile with them while fighting against them. Still possible to oust them in a war, but we will have to work harder at it.

Last edited:
In that scenario, the number of CZs you can participate in in a 7 day period, is reduced. It is limited. It previously wasn't. On top of this, the influence you have over the result of the war is reduced.

'Attacking' factions in this case have their contributions to the war reduced (only battle wins, no bonds), and their time spent in CZs reduced (have to leave system to repair, refill and reload). It makes winning such a war very hard when the defending faction has no such limits.

I can't see how this change won't translate into a reduced dynamism in the galaxy - I'm certainly not going to worry half as much about defending my PMF's hold on it's one-station system.

Question: What effect, if any, does turning in your combat bonds via an interstellar factor have on the faction issuing them?

Question: What effect, if any, does turning in your combat bonds via an interstellar factor have on the faction issuing them?
A google search I did turned up older threads which say it has NO effect in terms of influence, only on reputation. The threads were from 2017 though, so it could have changed since then.

I second this question for insight into if that older information is still accurate.

Top Bottom