[DW2] Distant Worlds 2 Arrivals Thread

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Made it this weekend! A massive thank you and well done to all the organisers - you should be proud of this expedition! It was my first and definitely not my last. Thanks to all my fellow Commanders I met along the way :)

Mostly incident free on the way to Beagle's Point aside from the loss of one SRV at Goliath's Rest and a lapse of concentration somewhere between there and BP that meant I nosedived in to a planet's surface after getting turned around following a take-off from a dark planet (doh!) - that took my hull down to just over 50% but a fellow Cmdr managed to repair that for me :)

Now to plot a course back to the Bubble! Planning on visiting Explorer's Anchorage on the way back and possibly Colonia too as I've not been there for a while but I'm just going to see what happens....I'm a leaf on the wind hehe

Gj5Ddff.png

Finally checked into Beagle Point after a 100+ jump sprint to the finish.
Big thank you to the organizers - I don't think I would have made this journey without their planning and the warm fuzzy feeling of knowing there were all the other commanders, fuel rats and hull seals coming along the way even though I didn't need their services and didn't get too many chances to interact with them.
I'd also like to add that I managed this whole trip without a single explosion - not one death to a ganker, asteroid, star or high gravity world.

o7

I think it counts if you either log into the game while in that star system, or jump into the system. Either way it should count, as long as you do one of those during the time window.
Is it possible to arrive at Beagle point without being logged in to the game? I was playing in Fleetcomm when I landed, and logged off + in while landed so I guess I'm ok.
Thanks!

Maybe a noob question, but log in where?

I think it counts if you either log into the game while in that star system, or jump into the system. Either way it should count, as long as you do one of those during the time window.

What Orvidius said. It's just about the server registering your presence in BP.

Is it possible to arrive at Beagle point without being logged in to the game?

It's not.

Arrived last night to an in-progress display of Anaconda acrobatics. Despite my fears, nobody exploded, although I got nervous about the safety of my dear old Type-6 and the wisdom of parking so close. But perhaps after passing through so many deserted systems, being the only human for light-years, has made me twitchy. I push off shortly for the Semotus Beacon so I can properly say I reached the end of the road before turning back. But I'm in no great hurry to return to civilization.

Many heartfelt thanks go out to the organizers, and I hope they enjoy their well-earned breaks.

And thanks to the many pilots who shared this experience and made it a collective celebration of the black unknown. Thanks in particular to the hull seal who patched me up at WP9 after I had a run-in with the lightning in an NSP storm, to my new friends in the EDSM squadron, and everyone I met at the waypoints. Maybe I'm just lucky, but to a person they were chill and respectful of their fellow pilots.

Finally, bravo to the folks behind EDDiscovery, and to @Orvidius for maintaining ED Astrometrics - these two tools enhanced my trip tremendously.

Cheers to all, hope to see you in the black.

leM3lNV.jpg
T9PJ00F.jpg
74ZpvGG.jpg

Last edited:
Made it! Excelsior made it! .....is there a cure for Space Madness???? There must be........nurse, more pills please.

An exclusion full of twists and turns, with wonderful sights to see. My thanks to the DW team for all their hard work setting this up.

I'll hang out around BP for a while, took me long enough to get here! :D

6tGhFDY.png

Last edited:
I made it to Beagle Point today!

I thoroughly enjoyed the trip and fully scanned (not mapped) 2707 systems to get there. A big thank you to everyone who organised Distant Worlds 2 and thank you to Frontier Developments for an awesome game.

I am going to stay and explore in the area for a while before heading home.

Bueno llegue ayer día 04/05/2019, sabéis cuando se actualiza el roster , estoy esperando que me ponga el yes en la llegada a beaglepoint :D

I just want to say thank you, to organisers and participants.
The highlight of my trip was see the station near sagittarius, reaching Beagle Point was nice as a end of the journey because I already reach it in the first DW. But to see Explorer's Anchorage and know that we help to build that is an awesome feeling.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom