ps4 bugs , new update, 23 april 2019

something consumes sis without firing or shield generator this spent.
Restarts the energy consumption order of modules.

screenshots blue, error (CE-34878-0) error game often sick.

the squad beacon is not activated automatically.

Only the shield generator deactivated by the cmdt is activated.

appears in the main menu when you are playing in open.

recharge all ammunition etc is buged in 10 cr.

the gun sights are still bugging, center dot opaque orange and does not let you see just the objective and the rail sights etc.

Frontier ,every time you spoil it more and more.,,,

Last edited:
Thank God most failures have been fixed, but of course! There have to be buts. This kind of failures in a game of this category like none, I have to say that they can not be allowed. if you did the games as they have to do! FRontier, and all the creators of games, not only thinking about saving money, and making games well done, the fault is that we buy games without finishing, without testing, crazy facts! ... that's how it goes ...

you would have to pay us to become beta testers!!!
nos tendriais que pagar por haceros de betatesters!!!

gracias a dios la mayoria de fallos se han solucionado , pero como no ! tiene que haber peros. esta clase de fallos en un juego de esta categoria como ninguno , tengo que decir que no se pueden permitir. si hicierais los juegos como se tienen que hacer ! FRontier , y todos los creadores de juegos, no solo pensando en el ahorro el dinero, e hicierais los juegos bien hechos , la culpa es de los que compramos juegos sin terminar , sin testear, hechos a lo loco! ... así nos va ...

Last edited:
The blue screen bug (for me) happens when scanning data towers in the SRV when trying t find targets - happened three times over two mission rendering these unplayable

Frontier ,every time you spoil it more and more.,,,
Going all the way back to our first major update (2.4) on this platform.... I feel your pain OP, though not right now because I'm not even bothering with the game until (if) these and older bugs are fixed.

Does anyone have problems with setting bookmarks on PS4? Since the April Update I cannot set any bookmarks, not on the Galaxy or the System map. Just nothing happens when selecting "set bookmark". Did delete a few old bookmarks (thinking about a potential max. limit for bookmarks) but didn't help.
And since the patch update today the bookmark icon has disappeared from the System map...it's just a blank button now.

Does anyone have problems with setting bookmarks on PS4? Since the April Update I cannot set any bookmarks, not on the Galaxy or the System map. Just nothing happens when selecting "set bookmark". Did delete a few old bookmarks (thinking about a potential max. limit for bookmarks) but didn't help.
And since the patch update today the bookmark icon has disappeared from the System map...it's just a blank button now.
The blank button is the game saying to many set.. Yes thats what happens...
So yes the game is stating to many set.. now why you have triggered that still and others have not could be the bug yes...
or the bug could have been that in the past you were allowed to set way to many in error and now its corrected...

Thanks for checking and your feedback guys!
I'll try to delete a big bunch of bookmarks then, but only after I counted them ;)
Any idea if a bookmark limit exists and where this is at? Scanned tons of posts and other sources but cannot find a word about such thing.
Cheers

Latest update:
  • FSS weird (as reported elsewhere)
  • System Map not opening always (spinning loading screen, have to quit app and restart game)
  • keeps re-plotting route (gal map, exit, nav panel = remap. other occurrences too)

and that's just the limited stuff I can test jumping back to Sag A*

Frame rate drops/stuttering/micro-pausing increased with April update and reportedly fixed in early-May patch are not fixed for me.

I'm on a regular PS4 and ED's performance has never been fantastic, but it was okay early on. It seems to be getting worse over time. It's been slightly annoying for a long while but this current state is so bad it's making me just not want to play - and I love this game.

Quick feedback for the bookmark issue I reported a few days ago.
I deleted quite a few bookmarks and I am now able to set new bookmarks again, so obviously I have reached the limit. It looks like this is set to 150.
Thanks again for your hints and happy flying!

Ahahaha I just got the closing-game-crashes-to-XMB bug, I wonder if that's been reported under the new system, or is it "not-a-bug / fixed" now :/

Frame rate drops/stuttering/micro-pausing increased with April update and reportedly fixed in early-May patch are not fixed for me.

I'm on a regular PS4 and ED's performance has never been fantastic, but it was okay early on. It seems to be getting worse over time. It's been slightly annoying for a long while but this current state is so bad it's making me just not want to play - and I love this game.

yes. frame rate problems and micro-stuttering for me too. I'm heading for the Core, so put it down to many more stars in the sky

yes. frame rate problems and micro-stuttering for me too. I'm heading for the Core, so put it down to many more stars in the sky
That's interesting, I just visited Sag A*. Now I'm heading back to the bubble and I am noticing fewer performance issues. Was it really just background star density causing that? Amazing.

I still think ED's performance in general on PS4 isn't great compared to other titles. It used to be okay but it seems to be degrading over time - theoretically it should be getting better as the developers become more familiar with the console. The hardware's not changing.

Last edited:
dunno. I had just put it down to ... maybe... the star density! I've never been that far in before

btw. being near the core really shows the flaws in the sphere mapping of the starfield... I see quite obvious well defined tiles, with very different star density - some very sparce, others very dense. not pretty

FSS on my last leg of my trip back to the Bubble crashed my PS4 Pro more than 5 times. I've sent reports each time, screen goes black, and attempting to back out causes a crash. The recentering of the FSS Scanner each time you move back up one level is really annoying.

In two instances, I had to reconfigure my settings as it corrupted the save file.

Gary

That's interesting, I just visited Sag A*. Now I'm heading back to the bubble and I am noticing fewer performance issues. Was it really just background star density causing that? Amazing.

I still think ED's performance in general on PS4 isn't great compared to other titles. It used to be okay but it seems to be degrading over time - theoretically it should be getting better as the developers become more familiar with the console. The hardware's not changing.
I've only played for about 30 minutes since the April update, but interestingly performance has not been an issue for me on my PS4 Slim over the years, with the exception of those things that haunt everyone for a long time now - framerate drop when side panel is open, stutter in supercruise, etc.

If anything, I've been dismayed that performance is so good on my Slim, as this means there is room to improve image quality. I'm not looking for PS4 Pro quality, but rather something that's between PS4 Performance mode and Quality mode, especially the shadows.

To your last point, I honestly don't think Frontier writes PS4 code anymore. From their website regarding the Cobra engine (emphasis mine):
The current engine is the fourth generation of our cross-platform technology. The engine provides a common platform-neutral core API and resource pipeline that isolates both the game code and resources from the underlying hardware, while maximising use of the multi-processor, multi-threaded environment.

This engine allows the game teams to develop and debug their titles primarily on PC, without the need to concern themselves with the technical details of the individual target platforms unless necessary. It also makes for clean, structured code where the game logic only needs one set of verification at the beta stage of the project, greatly reducing the amount of testing time required for additional platform versions of a game.
I'm pretty sure that in Frontier's reasoning, they see the PS4 as an individual platform "without the need to concern themselves with", despite this being far from the truth. I sometimes wonder if they still have a PS4 team for Elite Dangerous. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Top Bottom