issue with jostick

on multiple occasions while looking for a good joystick i have seen people say that ED will support the Thrustmaster t1600m fcs yet right after buying it and downloading it the game refuses to recognize joystick usage and doesnt even have a setting for joysticks by default could someone help me figure this out because i just spent a pretty penny on this game after being so hyped to play it and now i cant because my setup is not usable

AFAIK without 3rd party adapter devices such as CronusMAX, XIM or such, you have two natively supported HOTAS controllers for PS4: T.Flight HOTAS 4 and HORI Ace Combat 7 HOTAS. Both of which are rather low quality and clearly intended for casual use. If there are other controllers on PS4 supported by ED, I can't find any official mention of it anywhere. In theory any USB device could work if FDev implemented an input interface specifically for that device, but it doesn't seem very likely that they would, TBH.

Unfortunately you may have read that about the pc version of the game.

Elite on pc will support a number of various flighsticks, but ps4 and Xbox are not open to 3rd party peripherals unless they are licensed by Sony/Microsoft (Cronus type devices apart that is).
I don't see that changing on the next gen either to be honest.
on multiple occasions while looking for a good joystick i have seen people say that ED will support the Thrustmaster t1600m fcs yet right after buying it and downloading it the game refuses to recognize joystick usage and doesnt even have a setting for joysticks by default could someone help me figure this out because i just spent a pretty penny on this game after being so hyped to play it and now i cant because my setup is not usable

AFAIK without 3rd party adapter devices such as CronusMAX, XIM or such, you have two natively supported HOTAS controllers for PS4: T.Flight HOTAS 4 and HORI Ace Combat 7 HOTAS. Both of which are rather low quality and clearly intended for casual use.

Yes , to the limits and No, to the review. The HOTAS 4 isn't that bad and I've used it since the game was launched on PS4 - I don't think I would count as a casual user, as I play the game most nights of the week. There are just enough control options to get buy - but YES it could be better and at $200 NZD for me it isnt cheap...and I need a new one right about now after 2 years of wear and tear...

The HORI is a pile of poo - don't buy it. I wouldn't waste that on a dead **** dog...as someone once said.

War thunder is the cause of this mess...

PS4 controllers and joysticks all require licensing and they require SHARE and Options buttons added to the controller be them a Steering wheel or Flight stick..
No PS4 buttons no License and no support in firmware on PS4... ( firmwae support is require to navigate dynamic menu and launch the game)

War thunder has EXTRA unlicensed USB device driver in the game support, including Keyboard and mouse support to play the hole game,this is were the issue lies,
War thunder is not Elite dangerous, Elite dangerous only supports licensed controllers not unlicensed USB products...

The Russian developers of war thunder Left the hole USB PC Driver compliance thing meh jig in the game instead of stripping it as other developers do from going from the PC SDK to console final release... The configure controlls screen is a complete PC mess... The menu GUI for the PS4 screen was a PC mess, it only made sense when you connected a USB mouse... Its got better but its still a Mouse GUI system...

War thunder Like project cars 1 supports many unlicensed for PS4 USB controllers because the developer did not strip the USB drivers for those devices... Even the PS3 Hotas is supported on war thunder but is not a licensed controller for PS4...

Yes , to the limits and No, to the review. The HOTAS 4 isn't that bad and I've used it since the game was launched on PS4 - I don't think I would count as a casual user, as I play the game most nights of the week. There are just enough control options to get buy - but YES it could be better and at $200 NZD for me it isnt cheap...and I need a new one right about now after 2 years of wear and tear...

The HORI is a pile of poo - don't buy it. I wouldn't waste that on a dead **** dog...as someone once said.

I have to respectfully disagree here. I've also had the HOTAS 4 for a good while now, also got mine very quickly after buying ED (June 29, 2017). YMMV but I stand by my assessment, you won't find a simpit built around a HOTAS 4 any more than you would find one built around a HORI. Both are entry-level sticks and their quality is on par with their modest prices (compared to serious HOTAS controllers on PC). Well actually the HORI is even kind of pricey for what it is apparently able to deliver (not much).

I'm currently flying on DS4 with KontrolFreek thumbstick extensions because I simply find it better (and despite their humble appearance, the extensions make a huge difference!). I may yet give the TM another go but I seriously doubt my opinion will change. In addition to the flimsy, creaking structure and widely known drift issues over extended use, IMO the control layout of the HOTAS 4 simply isn't well suited for 6DOF. HORI had a promising control layout within the constraints of the DS4 API, but with the harsh reviews, there's no way I'll be touching one until the bugs are ironed out.

Top Bottom