General / Off-Topic Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris is Burning

Probably easier to replace the lot than test them where they are replacing as you go. The heat may have wrecked them without altering them visually at all.
Yes , and also we can say here that visually there are a lot of altered tubes. :D

Last edited:
From the north tower of the cathedral, these topographer and laser scanner engineers make an emergency diagnosis with the laser scanner and the drone.

Removing of the famous statue of the Virgin that was leaning against the southeast pillar of the transept, and the master glassmakers remove the stained glass windows.

Here are some pictures of what some architects would like to do.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 118
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 58
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 66
  • image4.jpg
    image4.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 64
  • XVM6f951a5e-65d7-11e9-a5fc-1a8a4a6a7ff4-805x453.jpg
    XVM6f951a5e-65d7-11e9-a5fc-1a8a4a6a7ff4-805x453.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 100
  • XVM37ddab8e-65dd-11e9-a5fc-1a8a4a6a7ff4.jpg
    XVM37ddab8e-65dd-11e9-a5fc-1a8a4a6a7ff4.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 74
I actually thought exactly the same.
There's only one design that actually looks like they made an effort in the Archviz. The 4th from the top.
Maybe, but still. None of those is a restoration plan with single drop of humility or respect for the architecture of the building.
It's just "Here's a building without the top, let me just google what's currently in and slap it on it and that'll be that"

I mean, I can make fun of the Church (or religion in general) all day long, but this isn't about that. It's a historical building and should be treated as such. As I look on the sketches, I just can't avoid the feeling that they would rather demolish it entirely and build something new instead.

Maybe, but still. None of those is a restoration plan with single drop of humility or respect for the architecture of the building.
It's just "Here's a building without the top, let me just google what's currently in and slap it on it and that'll be that"
Yeah, i think it looks like a copy of the Louvre, with those glass-panes. But not like Notre Dame

Well, with a limited budget like that, they probably can't pay the stonemasons.
At least they don't need to install sprinklers then. :unsure:

(But someone should think of a safety net in case the glas goes bust.

Yeah, i think it looks like a copy of the Louvre, with those glass-panes. But not like Notre Dame

Well, with a limited budget like that, they probably can't pay the stonemasons.
At least they don't need to install sprinklers then. :unsure:

(But someone should think of a safety net in case the glas goes bust.
That is the problem, I think. There ARE NO masons. These trades are dead. Or at least the people who were really good.

Top Bottom