General / Off-Topic In the thread.....So... Do we have free will? :)

Not being religious myself I agree with you... also I am a lifelong fan of Rush; rock on!

You are probably right but I have no personal experience to verify your comment.
I can prove that I am not a psychopath, I have a piece of paper; that says so.

No, you have rational critical thinking people who believe in scientific cosmology and trust NASA, science and astrophysics.

If you think that list of nutjobs aren't the crazy ones you're squeezing the wrong sterno to drink.

The biggest enemies of Terra are wilful ignorance and the continued belief in stupid superstitions that divide us as a people.

Let me ask the first and most pertinent question to the last part of your statement...
"The biggest enemies of Terra are wilful ignorance and the continued belief in stupid superstitions that divide us as a people."

Is a foundational truth established from the past??
Stupid superstitions aside... does it make sense that if i acknowledge the past truth... it is established also in the present and the future??

i have found over the course of experience
people who choose to confuse... use a general statement ... expand it to include anything and everything... wrap it up as a package of truth... and present it as such...

people who wish to learn of the truth... build upon the simple blocks of understanding... these blocks have always existed in the past!!

I actually think that an ethical life where "free will" is exercised and religion(s) are totally anathema.

I would much rather base a "good life" in "free will" thusly:

(Emphasis added by me).

O.k. so I'm supporter of a rationalist view of existence.
As am I Manticore.
The idea of free will destroys religion's control and subjection of the populace.
No more original sinner babies either.

Immanuel Kant was a real ant you know.
Source: https://youtu.be/cPEt5soGoyI

Let me ask the first and most pertinent question to the last part of your statement...
"The biggest enemies of Terra are wilful ignorance and the continued belief in stupid superstitions that divide us as a people."

Stupid superstitions aside... does it make sense that if i acknowledge the past truth... it is established also in the present and the future??
Truth is told. Facts are real. Therefore, what was believed to be the truth in the distant past. don't have to become facts today.

Example: Take the Dinosaurs. Now take the Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy and the planet factory. They were looking down at the Earth being re-built and watched the dinosaur bones being put in. So what can you believe, to be real?

the earth goes around the Sun you could get killed by the church if you said it didn't a few hundred years ago

old testament says the woman's praying from man's ribs that instantly subjugated women and made them in equal to man one thousand years I'm making them lesser and not equal as they really are.

Sorry Array lost my post for a second typing

Last edited:
Truth is told. Facts are real. Therefore, what was believed to be the truth in the distant past. don't have to become facts today.
you have essentially equated your argument in this way...

x + 1 does not equal x + 1
that is not only a error... it is factually untrue... and to put it in the context of what it really is in a reaLLy really nice way......
its a lie

Truth in what respect?
Physicaliy evident objects and easily repeatable experiments using scientific methods

or

Making up some goofy theobiology about woman springing from my rib cage basically bamboodling female humans of their rightful equality to males for the next 100 years?

One is hearsay, the other is truth.
I don't think you can handle the truth or else you'd have become agnostic years ago.

that is not only a error... it is factually untrue... and to put it in the context of what it really is in a reaLLy really nice way......
its a lie
Ask god, because right now, you are in error. Defamation is also one of my 'biggie sins'. Read it again and get back to me.

Example: Take the Dinosaurs. Now take the Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy and the planet factory. They were looking down at the Earth being re-built and watched the dinosaur bones being put in. So what can you believe, to be real?

Ask god, because right now, you are in error. Defamation is also one of my 'biggie sins'. Read it again and get back to me.

Truth in what respect?
Physicaliy evident objects and easily repeatable experiments using scientific methods

or

Making up some goofy theobiology about woman springing from my rib cage basically bamboodling female humans of their rightful equality to males for the next 100 years?

One is hearsay, the other is truth.
I don't think you can handle the truth or else you'd have become agnostic years ago.

Its interesting you bring up the Rib cage etc... you are acknowledging the past... which is good... choosing not to accept it...is Free Will
you clearly perceive where my thoughts and origins of my understanding stems from.

For that i applaud you!! ;)

its a lie
Looks the same on paper don't it

Damn Arry. Have you considered a career in Politics?

That was going so well and then you said; trust NASA.

".......of course the 'O' rings will be OK!" or "We can turn the Shuttle around in six weeks." OK, I'm sorry; everything else you said, is valid.
I meant in general, not a specific calamity.
That was a hellish error they made

Its interesting you bring up the Rib cage etc... you are acknowledging the past... which is good... choosing not to accept it...is Free Will
you clearly perceive where my thoughts and origins of my understanding stems from.

For that i applaud you!! ;)
That is not the past that is the worst fantasy book ever written

Books by committee by ignorant old man always turn out that way

it's all about power 6 that's what the Bible's about it's about power and how to control people that's it there's no supernatural I'm sorry.

Top Bottom