Patch Notes Update April Update - Patch 2

Some news at last!

I just hope you don’t break something else while fixing these things that you broke while fixing other things.

And please please give this patch a THOROUGH test because I don’t like to be a beta tester. Pretty please.

And, oh... thank you FDev.

The fix is "Close FSS", then "Reopen FSS" most of the time (there is a specific case when it sadly doesn't fix itself by just closing/reopening it though).

So, it's annoying, sure, but "game breaking" ? Nope. At least it didn't bothered me that much while I was ending my journey (3-4 times in like 55 systems).

The combination of FSS bugging out, constant repositioning of the scanner and the bug where unmapped planets show as mapped IS game breaking when you are 18000 LY away and you just can’t explore properly.
What else is there to do in the void?

The FSS issue alone is pretty serious in my case and I simply couldn’t play as much as I wanted to.

Last edited:
The fix is "Close FSS", then "Reopen FSS" most of the time (there is a specific case when it sadly doesn't fix itself by just closing/reopening it though).

So, it's annoying, sure, but "game breaking" ? Nope. At least it didn't bothered me that much while I was ending my journey (3-4 times in like 55 systems).
Nope. That might work for you, but I am currently on my way to Colonia and I am scanning dozens of systems every day. Closing and Re-opening definitely does not fix the issue in my case. I'v lost a few dozens of First Discoveries already and I am sure the same is true for many of those returning from DW2. The only thing that seems to help is getting closer to the systems as normally the bug comes up when zooming in to another star in the same system to get the planets revolving around it. I will travel 300000 ls for an ELW, but not for Icy Bodies, but as soon you reach about less than 40000 ls it usually works.

So yes, it is definitely game breaking and you can consider yourself lucky that you have a workaround, but I am pretty sure that the majority of players using FSS constantly do not.

Edit: And yes the respositioning is not game breaking, but annoying as hell, because it changes your frame of reference, which is sometimes outright confusing when it centers on a body not even discovered yet.

And thanks Will for the good news.

Last edited:

i really hope that you're joking, because its entirely game breaking especially when you're out of the bubble with the sole intention of scanning planets (graphics issues, blank screen, and the system and FSS screen turning sideways) . most of the time exiting and going back into the FSS does not "fix it"

Last edited:
Thank you for your understanding.
Sorry I don't understand, why no betas for big updates ?
Releasing an update and a fix to that update that breaks things that were working is not normal.

I feel bad for buying the beta access last year or so when you release such broken updates without testing it.

I hope I can finally play the game I bought when this update releases, for now it's been weeks without being able to play...

Really hope the FSS is fixed....the lack of communication about this issue really has been annoying.

Breaking the FSS when thousands are still completing DW2 or like me on their return journey was really really bad timing indeed. I’ve had no incentive at all to play since the last patch (and I haven’t since encountering my first game breaking FSS glitch on patch day), knowing that at any time the FSS could glitch out or completely blank my screen.

To be frank, FSS doesn't always break, so saying that it's completely useless in all situations is an exaggeration. But fdev already confirmed all FSS issues (Will's post), so seeing no reason for them to comment this further.

Sorry I don't understand, why no betas for big updates ?

There's no game today that always works out of the box on the day the patch is released. Even Nintendo games, that are known for their crisp and stellar programming skills with almost zero bugs, sometimes they need to release quick fix for the patch (e.g. Splatoon 2).

This is good news. I have been lucky enough to have not suffered the more serious FSS bugs that many people have, but just the simple one of the FSS re-positioning itself when you 'step' back has been driving me nuts! 🤯

There's no game today that always works out of the box on the day the patch is released. Even Nintendo games, that are known for their crisp and stellar programming skills with almost zero bugs, sometimes they need to release quick fix for the patch (e.g. Splatoon 2).
I know, but FDev always did betas when they had big updates, changing gameplay and adding features.
They even sold beta access...

This time they did not, they did not even test basic things and released a glitchy update breaking things that were working...

And the worst thing is the lack of communication.

FD dev's et al - Don't usually bother to add to the chaff, but I like this new "heads up" system. Also glad you're onto both bugs mentioned in the OP. Have experienced each and they are biggies, but you're straight onto it, so good stuff and thanks :)

The combination of FSS bugging out, constant repositioning of the scanner and the bug where unmapped planets show as mapped IS game breaking when you are 18000 LY away and you just can’t explore properly.
What else is there to do in the void?

The FSS issue alone is pretty serious in my case and I simply couldn’t play as much as I wanted to.

Sorry but I don't agree, it's certainly not game breaking. For objects that can't resolve just exiting the FSS and fly a bit closer has always fixed it for me, and unmapped showing as mapped, surely you have already got a pattern sorted for just about any size object that works regardless of what is showing. I just fire off the probes in my already established pattern and it's mapped anyway.

I find it at at worst annoying and I agree it should be fixed asap, but it's certainly not game breaking even to a dedicated explorer like me.

Sorry but I don't agree, it's certainly not game breaking. For objects that can't resolve just exiting the FSS and fly a bit closer has always fixed it for me, and unmapped showing as mapped, surely you have already got a pattern sorted for just about any size object that works regardless of what is showing. I just fire off the probes in my already established pattern and it's mapped anyway.

I find it at at worst annoying and I agree it should be fixed asap, but it's certainly not game breaking even to a dedicated explorer like me.
I agree about the planet mapping work around.
I hadn't mapped a planet for a few months but came across a "mapped" unmapped planet this morning and just went into auto mode and mapped by pattern firing.
I want it fixed but I can wait.

Top Bottom