The Galactic Mapping Project & Historical Archive of Exploration

I have discovered the following places in the Sanguineous Rim: two landable & terraformable planets, four "crystalline forests" with g5 materials, red giant binary, a system with seven orange suns, interestingly colored gas giants and a pair of gas giants with very small rings around them. Are these good for submission here?

The Silly Cat Forrest

It is actually lava spouts now, though still with nice scenery. I suggest renaming it smth like "The Fiery Cat Fissures" .

Attachments

• 20190512220729_1.jpg
    20190512220729_1.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 242
  • 20190512220859_1.jpg
    20190512220859_1.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 262
  • 20190512221049_1.jpg
    20190512221049_1.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 263
  • 20190512221137_1.jpg
    20190512221137_1.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 257
  • 20190512221744_1.jpg
    20190512221744_1.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 248
In my long exploration experience, water world & earthlike, or even terraformable moons of gas giants are rare, however this one example is not interesting otherwise.
It is not a common find, but there are a lot of them, very similar in the galaxy that have been found already.
I feel like accepting this would be like accepting every neutron star earthlike, it is unlikely yes, but not unique.

Last edited:
Baade & Zwicky's Eye
PRU BRE PM-W E1-11

A Neutron Star in it's own planetary Nebula, orbited by a single ringed high metal content world.

As for the suggested name, Baade and Zwicky where first to propose the exsistance of Nuetron Stars. I don't know of anything else had been named after them. X's Eye is just the personal naming convention I use for these types of planetary nebula.

OJaHLH1.png

pDb6mT5.png

O54TV0b.png

JboAF4u.png

mg7l5uE.png

Baade & Zwicky's Eye
PRU BRE PM-W E1-11

A Neutron Star in it's own planetary Nebula, orbited by a single ringed high metal content world.

As for the suggested name, Baade and Zwicky where first to propose the exsistance of Nuetron Stars. I don't know of anything else had been named after them. X's Eye is just the personal naming convention I use for these types of planetary nebula.

OJaHLH1.png

pDb6mT5.png

O54TV0b.png

JboAF4u.png

mg7l5uE.png

Planetaries that do not have any special features are not accepted anymore

We really don't need the repeat comment on this. It will be handled as per all the other submissions.
I have there a system in the Formidine Rift
  • 4 or 5 trinaries
  • all jumponium materials in the system
  • one body part of a trinary
- 5 jumponium materials​
- volcanism POIs​
- biological POIs (anemones)​
Worth posting it?

Going through the planetary nebulae, found another error: the system Eorm Scrua EW-N e6-8 is listed as a planetary nebula, but the nebula is in Eorm Scrua EW-N e6-86.

Name:Curie's Vault
Game map search ref:Auphaibs EN-M c10-7
Description:This system on the border of Bleak Lands region is located on main path to Beagle Point and is home to an icy world featuring a rare combination of Crystalline Shards and full variety of Ammonia based volcanism all in same spot.
On top of that almost every second shard hosts Polonium clusters, so this is a worthy place for any commander who want to stockpile it in large quantities before venturing into the abyss.

Please note that planet B5a is ~270 A.U. from main star, therefore it will take several minutes to get there.

Discovered during Distant Worlds 2 expedition.
Named after Marie and Pierre Curie, discoverers of polonium.
Screenshot reference:
hwvOLja.png

Partial Map Update, #3623-#3674 (The 'Final Exams Are Finally Over' edition)

Note to submitters: Please check to see if your submission name is similar to existing POI names.

Added:

• post #3624 / The Forge of Hephaestus
  • post #3625 / Desis
  • post #3629 / Eye of Boreas
  • post #3632 / Jewelry Box
  • post #3645 / Diamond Ring
  • post #3674 / Nye's Bowtie - POI Name was similar to 'Stellar Bowtie' so this was added as "Nye's Bowtie" after Bill Nye's famous bowtie habit
  • post #3851 / Storyteller's Fire (special submission)
Not Added:

• post #3626 - we already have a POI called "Titan's Rest" which is too similar to "Titan's Graveyard". Resubmission with a different name would help.
  • posts #3630, #3631, #3635, #3638, #3644, #3646, #3665, #3666, #3667
  • post #3634 - would like to add but 'Chraitaea QP-F B34-0' is not a valid system name
Updated:

* post #3614 - Galileo's Fishbowl - now added

[Edit: added link to complete POI list]

Last edited:
Note to submitters: Please check to see if your submission name is similar to existing POI names.

Added:

• post #3624 / The Forge of Hephaestus

I would like to comply for any future submissions of mine, but I seem to be missing something.

Using "The Forge of Hephaestus" as example, I can only find it with the search function on the EDSM web page by system name and not by the POI name or part of the POI name.

So what I'm probably missing is where to find a full list of the existing POIs to check against. I tried to find some info on the first page of this thread, but couldn't seem to find what I needed. I probably missed something obvious, could you please point the way?

I would like to comply for any future submissions of mine, but I seem to be missing something.

Using "The Forge of Hephaestus" as example, I can only find it with the search function on the EDSM web page by system name and not by the POI name or part of the POI name.

So what I'm probably missing is where to find a full list of the existing POIs to check against. I tried to find some info on the first page of this thread, but couldn't seem to find what I needed. I probably missed something obvious, could you please point the way?

Here is the POI: https://www.edsm.net/en/galactic-mapping#4/-100/0/23930|stellarRemnant|1935

The full list is here: https://www.edsm.net/en/galactic-mapping/listing

You can find out the POI pretty fast if you open its system, look at the location of the system on the map in the top-right corner, than open galactic map, enable the type of the POI in the map legend (also top-right corner) and look for it in the same place where the system is located. Both maps use the same picture, so it won`t be really difficult to find the POI, considering that you have only needed criteria enabled.

Top Bottom