MWSOG: Milky Way Society of Organics and Geology

Once I have finished my loop I have an open book and will be looking for a new project to either undertake or assist, this is certainly a good contender. I am not sure how long it will take me to finish however I am on the home stretch so may be joining you soon.
Nice one, will be awesome to have you involved!

I don't have EDMC (use ED Discovery/EDSM link) installed but see no reason why not to have it :)

I'll put a squadron request in soon, give me a couple of weeks.

Nice one. Always used EDDi myself too, and only started using EDMC to populate the Canonn datasheets as manual population of them has been stopped.

Well. Don't know whether to be excited or frustrated.
Found a little 33+% metal body. 4 Geo sites. Says Iron Magma. found 3 SO2 Fumarols for which I got a 2500 CR CODEX and one FE lava Spout for nothing.

Humnnn. Anemones. Are they all the same in the same system or on the same body??

They are temperature dependent, different bodies can have different types so you can have multiple in one system, I found a system like that on my trip to Beagle Point, I have also found two different types of Brain Trees in one system, but I haven't yet been tempted to check up to 50 sites per body to determine of there are different types on the one body.

Ok, I have 3 High Metal content landable body's, temps range from 1,219K down to 682K, Gravity 2.16 - 3.89G, two are ringed. total of 8 Geo Sites. 4 on the very 3.89G body. This should be interesting..

Yeah, thought the same. It’s a massive area. If you have a look on the Guardians combo map you can get a rough idea of the size. Loads of Braintree sites had already been found, but not seen any reports of Guardian sites in the area yet. I’ve started trying to confirm boundaries of the area, but like I say, it’s massive, and we could probably do with a group effort to check it out properly.

I don’t think there’s any other non-Nebula areas known yet. Another Cmdr might have found an area but they’re not saying where until they’ve properly checked it out themselves.

I have been slowly making my way there over the last few runs, I have reached a point around 700ly away, and ran into a system crawling with brain trees, every suitable body had them, and lots of them. Experimenting with the online EDSM codex entering my current system name and selecting all types of brain trees and distance of 900ly gave me 131 discovered systems with brain trees, increasing the search radius to 1,500ly only added 4 extra systems, none over 1,000ly away, so it appears to be an area roughly 1,000ly across, yes I would call that "massive".

So, looking for a guardian site in a sphere 1,000ly across, it may require a bit of time!

To try and help this search, I've set up a squadron. The idea is to bookmark where an edge of the braintree area is found then share those book marks with the squadron, so that the squadron bookmarks start to show the general shape of the area. It's something new to try, so I can't guarantee how effective it will be, but I think it's worth a go.

I'm not in the squadron so I can't do the squadron thing, however I have one edge of your brain tree field sorted. It's from an idea I had out the other side of the galaxy when I was running along a border between two regions, it seemed that the biology each side of the border was distinct, the idea is that the galactic regions aren't just a way to keep CMDR scorecards, but they actually mark a boundary that the stellar forge uses for procedural generation, I decided to test this idea in your brain tree area.

Your Brain Tree field is in a little squared off area of the Norma Expanse, a sort of pan handle if we were in the USA. It's close enough to the edge of the Inner Scutum-Centaurus Arm that it should cross over, certainly the star names either side are the same, so I chased Brain Trees to the nearest edge, the left edge of the pan handle on the codex map, and sure enough Brain Trees can be found right up to the very edge of the region, and lots of them, every possible candidate planet and moon seems to have them, but cross over that line and they vanish altogether!

I checked a number of systems with ideal bodies, plenty of vulcanism all over the place but not a single Brain Tree, I will check a few more out the next time I am on, but I suggest that is one edge of your region.

Well this thread has dropped a bit down the list, so lets bump it up with a nice picture.

I am still exploring out in the Brain Tree region and have established a pretty good border, it just needs a bit of tweaking so I will finish it off, turn my data in then see show it here.

But just thought I would post this pic of a lonely terraformable water world.

rXWYKHs.jpg

So finished my survey of the borders of the Brain Tree region, I circled, crossed it and found numerous systems with Brain Trees, the end result once I remove all the unnecessary bookmarks I set looks like this, with Thatchinfo's original system he posted here left as reference.

g9NiXP5.jpg

Sort of a kidney bean shape I suppose, the edges may not be exact by a dozen or so light years but it seems to be pretty good.

Of course while I was mapping and searching for likely border systems I spotted a few other things of interest, one being a C-N class star way at the top of the galaxy, about 3.4kly directly above my current position, so of course after finishing I had to fly up and check it out. It needed a few jumponium injections, and I ended up managing to go up a little further, I mean why not as long as I am here, and found a nice ELW at around +2740, but that wasn't a record so I didn't worry to much about getting a picture, but my C-N star I did grab a picture of.

HS7z3Mz.jpg

I was quite pleased to find it was previously unvisited, in fact for my entire climb of around 3.4kly I never found a single previously discovered system or body, very happy with that. Now all I have to do is get this data I have collected to the people interested in it.

Nice diligent exploring Commander :)
These reports of yours always make me feel guilty, as I seem to skip around all over the place without much purpose :oops:

Nice diligent exploring Commander :)
These reports of yours always make me feel guilty, as I seem to skip around all over the place without much purpose :oops:

Hey we all do what we do best, your approach is probably the best method of finding Raxxla :alien:

However I have gathered all this data and now don't know what to do with it, Thatchinho hasn't been around for a while, I was going to hand it all to him, how do I contact anyone from Canonn to see about getting my data to them? Anyone else here involved with them? I looked through the steps for actually joining but I sort of baulked at the requirement to have Discord.

So finished my survey of the borders of the Brain Tree region, I circled, crossed it and found numerous systems with Brain Trees, the end result once I remove all the unnecessary bookmarks I set looks like this, with Thatchinfo's original system he posted here left as reference.

g9NiXP5.jpg

Sort of a kidney bean shape I suppose, the edges may not be exact by a dozen or so light years but it seems to be pretty good.

Of course while I was mapping and searching for likely border systems I spotted a few other things of interest, one being a C-N class star way at the top of the galaxy, about 3.4kly directly above my current position, so of course after finishing I had to fly up and check it out. It needed a few jumponium injections, and I ended up managing to go up a little further, I mean why not as long as I am here, and found a nice ELW at around +2740, but that wasn't a record so I didn't worry to much about getting a picture, but my C-N star I did grab a picture of.

HS7z3Mz.jpg

I was quite pleased to find it was previously unvisited, in fact for my entire climb of around 3.4kly I never found a single previously discovered system or body, very happy with that. Now all I have to do is get this data I have collected to the people interested in it.

Hey we all do what we do best, your approach is probably the best method of finding Raxxla :alien:

However I have gathered all this data and now don't know what to do with it, Thatchinho hasn't been around for a while, I was going to hand it all to him, how do I contact anyone from Canonn to see about getting my data to them? Anyone else here involved with them? I looked through the steps for actually joining but I sort of baulked at the requirement to have Discord.
Hey Varonica, and all!

Been away from the forums for a while. Have replied to you via PM on the data front, Varonica.

Anyway, I had been having a search around the middle of the estimated area, and was going to post my search map, but spotted something interesting.

Not far from where I was searching is the Permit locked IC 4673 sector. It's only about 100 ly in diameter, and centred on a WR, Hen 2-333.

That's a fairly direct parallel with the main area which has Regor (a WR) and the permitted locked Regor sector in the middle.

I'm therefore going to hypothesise that Hen 2-333 and IC 4673 form the approximate centre of this area.

@varonica if you get chance, would you be able to add HEN 2-333 to your bookmarks for the area to see where it fits with regard to the boundaries you found?

Hey Varonica, and all!

Been away from the forums for a while. Have replied to you via PM on the data front, Varonica.

Anyway, I had been having a search around the middle of the estimated area, and was going to post my search map, but spotted something interesting.

Not far from where I was searching is the Permit locked IC 4673 sector. It's only about 100 ly in diameter, and centred on a WR, Hen 2-333.

That's a fairly direct parallel with the main area which has Regor (a WR) and the permitted locked Regor sector in the middle.

I'm therefore going to hypothesise that Hen 2-333 and IC 4673 form the approximate centre of this area.

@varonica if you get chance, would you be able to add HEN 2-333 to your bookmarks for the area to see where it fits with regard to the boundaries you found?

Hmm here it is, and it's interesting. It's not centered, but I suspect that's only because the outward bulge of the nearest edge of the Brain Tree area is curtailed by the border to the next region, if that wasn't the case I suspect it would be pretty close to dead center. We can look at it and imagine f that edge curved out like the other border and see how close it would be to center. This is exciting, this could be Guardian home systems!

94L66fl.png

Hmm here it is, and it's interesting. It's not centered, but I suspect that's only because the outward bulge of the nearest edge of the Brain Tree area is curtailed by the border to the next region, if that wasn't the case I suspect it would be pretty close to dead center. We can look at it and imagine f that edge curved out like the other border and see how close it would be to center. This is exciting, this could be Guardian home systems!

94L66fl.png
Thanks, that’s great! And yeah, definitely exciting!

Don’t want to jump the gun on this too much, but the Ship Theft stuff in Galnet has got some parallels with the Halsey storyline, which based on the Codex sounds like it's what was intended to be what would lead to the original Guardian area.

The latest Galnet post has a bit which sounds interesting in this context. https://community.elitedangerous.com/galnet/17-MAY-3305

“Our analysts have recovered a few fragments of these recordings, which appear to have been part of a dream journal. In them, Romero makes repeated mention of seeing ‘an area of space, not black but radiant…glowing like heaven,’ and being called by ‘voices that didn’t come from anything with a body’.”

Hen 2-333 has a planetary nebula, which would fit the ‘an area of space, not black but radiant…glowing like heaven,’ part.

There's obviously a huge amount of planetary nebula, but with the Guardian link it could well be a pointer in this direction.

Last edited:
Hen 2-333 has a planetary nebula, which would fit the ‘an area of space, not black but radiant…glowing like heaven,’ part.

There's obviously a huge amount of planetary nebula, but with the Guardian link it could well be a pointer in this direction.

It would also explain why guardian ruins are mainly found in nebula, the sky would be familiar to the one they had existed with for maybe millions of years before they evolved and developed space flight, they would naturally look for familiar skies.

I have departed the Brain Tree area for some other tasks, I have a number ABCDEFGH barycenter bodies to visit and take photos of and far across the galaxy I have identified a possible location for Raxxla, and there's a few old bookmarks to examine and cross off my list of "must visit" locations, I will likely come across stuff worth reporting on the way but in the meantime, fly safe all!

Top Bottom