Patch Notes Update April Update - Patch 2

The black screen happened quite a lot to me on PS4. Didn’t need to exit the game but just drop out of supercruise. We’ll see after the patch eh?!
Ps4 too yeah sc work only that it didn't work on some occasion that why i loose patience .So far no prob now

Half a day playin: War and CZs are still bugged, Quests for war are still bugged! still high chance for blue screen when dropin into a wingmates instance. Also still "corrupted save data" error goin. tellin this here because FDev aparently dosnt play this game

Maia - big time! Looks like if there are more than a certain number of things in view it freaks out - works better when not many things in the view. Irritating :)

Circling back on this - latest update today fixes the FSS freak out for me in maia and merope , and the jumping around is much diminished , though there is the odd occurrence of it, but infrequent.

Thanks for fixing this irritating buglet so promptly - I think you guys do a good job on what is a complex game - keep up the good work!

Why isn't the "mapped" nav panel fixed? seems a rather simple thing and is something that is very annoying.
https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/787

This is why I stopped playing back in January - after they said they'd fixed that bug (and hadn't, then it got pushed to the bottom of the queue again).

Not because it's particularly game-breaking (just annoying), but because it made me lose all confidence in the developers' ability to do the big stuff correctly when they can't even handle a simple 'if' statement. And the bug still exists, months later.

Perceptions.

Should I add some salt to the soup and say, that a developer, who relies on tests, is not a professional developer? :whistle:

In the industry that I was in developers or the equivalent were required to do testing as a requirement of doing business much of which would be inspected by independent professionals, but then getting things wrong could kill people and get the company sued for more money than most of us dream about.

But even then stuff gets through just look at the issues surrounding a certain Seattle based aviation company.

You're right, testing is an essential part. But not the main part. You can not test every input constellation or environment of a program. You simply can't. A developer has to foresee certain things and has to develop code, that is robust in many ways. Trial and error is not the way to do it. So, don't get me wrong, I emphasize only the fact, that you can build a stable software without tests but not without stable code.

Although a abacus might be possible :unsure:

But it is difficult to demonstrate stability without testing.

Top Bottom