it would be an interesting connection to Raxxla.

True. I guess my thoughts on this are... The Dark Wheel is a secret society dedicated to finding a hidden alien mystery. They are using references from older religions and similar mystery cults as a means of leading potential initiates to them. I dont think they would give away any relevant hints as to raxxla... I think the toast, the omphalos rift, raxxla icon etc are crumbs that might point to the dark wheel station. I suspect that is the only place we will get any true hints as to raxxla. But who knows... Maybe there is a three aspected bloodsucking creature there waiting for us 😁

Glitch, linux glitch, or in game clue. Maybe darkwheel or other contact. It woud fit the dark wheel thing as it would take knowledge to actually figure out the image data. It's a weird hologram that is two faces that make a single face in the middle. This data must be contained in the game code somehow. How could this be a glitch if it's not in the code? Has anyone else seen this?

Just wanted to add one thing to the large volume of information here. I'm not so sure about the idea that Cassiopea is the mother of galaxies in question here. Yes, she was the mother of Andromeda, but what is the jewel that burns on her brow?
Hera, on the other hand, was the mother of the Milky Way. In Greek mythology the Milky Way was created when Hera was suckling Hercules. Hercules bit her nipple and a jet of milk spurted out across the sky and thus the milky way was created.
One of the major symbols of Hera is the Diadem, which is like a crown or tiara. This seems, to me at least, to fit better than Cassiopea as an answer to that first line. Hera, a mother of a galaxy, who has a jewel on her brow - the diadem.

I did check out the Diadem system but there is nothing remarkable there, except for an unusual amount of USS for an uninhabited system.

I'm not saying Cassiopea is wrong. I just could not find a reference to any kind of jewel on her brow.

On a sidenote, I am convinced that this puzzle is only solvable once triple elite has been reached so any player checking systems out needs to be triple elite to have a chance of spotting something.

Thoughts?

Glitch, linux glitch, or in game clue. Maybe darkwheel or other contact. It woud fit the dark wheel thing as it would take knowledge to actually figure out the image data. It's a weird hologram that is two faces that make a single face in the middle. This data must be contained in the game code somehow. How could this be a glitch if it's not in the code? Has anyone else seen this?

I'm betting that its just a glitch from running ED on Linux. It is probably the texture applied to our own CMDRs faces somehow being rendered in the wrong place on the screen.

Some of the triune god systems are a bit more obscure, but interconnected, eg:

Father - High noon, North, Medium Coeli, Capricorn aka 10th house cusp (career)
Son - Dawn, East, Ascendant, Aries aka 1st house cusp (self and dominant ego)
Holy Ghost - Sunset, West, Descendant, Libra aka 7th house cusp (relationships)

What's not represented in this system is the feminine aspect:
Midnight, South, Imum Coeli, Cancer aka 4th house cusp (home / family / mother)

What we might be looking for is three systems that form a cross to locate a fourth.

I see there will be a second patch out today to fix, among other bugs, the fss problem. Thank heavens! because on the last part of Jorki’s DW2 trip, and now Tyko’s Palin 5kly run, it has been impossible to scan some system bodies.
Hope Raxxla/TDW weren’t at one of them...

Last edited:
10kly of the current bubble, or the bubble back then?

It's expanding, right, as super powers increase their reach?
Since the bubble's current radius is only about 0.2kLY and the rate of expansion is extremely slow, I don't think it's worth worrying too much exactly where you draw the sphere from. If you search everywhere within 10k of Sol and don't find it, you're probably on the wrong lines anyway.

The Codex entry suggests that Raxxla may be to some extent mobile, though - the original reference to it suggests that something may have been found (and lost?) within a few decades of discovering hyperspace, which suggests it was at the time very close to Sol and probably within the boundary of the modern bubble. It's highly unlikely to still be there.

Whether its mobility is an intrinsic property of itself, or one of its previous discoverers picked it up and moved it somewhere more remote, is very hard to say without knowing what it is.

Since the bubble's current radius is only about 0.2kLY and the rate of expansion is extremely slow, I don't think it's worth worrying too much exactly where you draw the sphere from. If you search everywhere within 10k of Sol and don't find it, you're probably on the wrong lines anyway.

The Codex entry suggests that Raxxla may be to some extent mobile, though - the original reference to it suggests that something may have been found (and lost?) within a few decades of discovering hyperspace, which suggests it was at the time very close to Sol and probably within the boundary of the modern bubble. It's highly unlikely to still be there.

Whether its mobility is an intrinsic property of itself, or one of its previous discoverers picked it up and moved it somewhere more remote, is very hard to say without knowing what it is.

Probably moves every Thursday morning with server tick.

I see there will be a second patch out today to fix, among other bugs, the fss problem. Thank heavens! because on the last part of Jorki’s DW2 trip, and now Tyko’s Palin 5kly run, it has been impossible to scan some system bodies.
Hope Raxxla/TDW weren’t at one of them...
Idk how big this new patch is, but on my PS4 I need 30+gb free space. It better more than just a bug patch if I have to delete newer games to make room.

Sorry I know this is incredibly off topic. Just pointing out it could(hopefully) be more than just a bug patch

Has anyone considered that we're all the real dark wheel, vehemently searching for raxxla? I mean everyone else is an NPC just doing what they're programed to do.

Yea, I've wondered that. The pilots federation is in the same system as teh dark wheel. The dark wheel is exploration based and connected to maps and the people who run cartographics etc. It's about the most logical answer. The question would be where and what is raxxla?

Has anyone considered that we're all the real dark wheel, vehemently searching for raxxla? I mean everyone else is an NPC just doing what they're programed to do.

We aren't quite there yet. Our first ship is gifted to us by a mysterious benefactor(a friend). They are keeping an eye on us.

If we prove our self, they(possibly The Dark Wheel) might contact us again.

The letter
sidewinder_gift.PNG

Last edited:
Idk how big this new patch is, but on my PS4 I need 30+gb free space. It better more than just a bug patch if I have to delete newer games to make room.

Sorry I know this is incredibly off topic. Just pointing out it could(hopefully) be more than just a bug patch

that makes me hopeful. . . but is the patch ever small for PS4 - or do they just do a whole game reinstall every time?

We aren't quite there yet. Our first ship is gifted to us by a mysterious benefactor(a friend). They are keeping an eye on us.

If we prove our self, they(possibly The Dark Wheel) might contact us again.

The letter
sidewinder_gift.PNG
which player guide of the game is that from?

Top Bottom