Cheating in Elite Dangerous

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
And before long people start thinking if everyone else is doing it, why shouldn't I?

Sometimes I miss the good old days of offline gaming; no release day patches, far fewer bugs.

Simpler times!

This is what im thinking will be the outcome its being publicized so rampantly now, why can't people just play the damn game properly?.. whats the point of cheating, it renders most of the game pointless.

Last edited:

ryan_m

Banned
you know there is no correlation between the harshness of penalties and crime incidence levels, right?

what demotivates crime is not the harshness of the punishment, but the predictability or even inevitability of it. you are really expecting frontier handing out perma bans solely based on youtube inspection?

even ignoring any experience with 'game admin' stuff until now, you realize those will need to be really (i mean really) blatant cases. meaning majority of them will go unpunished. meaning little chance of getting caught. and this is assuming a very diligent implication by frontier.

i completely agree with your concerns but i think your strategy needs a bit of work.

You're assuming I want people banned off of youtube videos. I don't. I want people that are found to be using hacks by FDev to be banned.

You're assuming I want people banned off of youtube videos. I don't. I want people that are found to be using hacks by FDev to be banned.

understandable but naive little realistic. but i guess yes, that would be the standard course of action.

what is plan b? :D

Falter

Banned

All things considered, znort does have a point. If just Youtube where a way of proving, well anything - then, trying to leverage your arguments or any type of ban argumentation based on just some content creator's videos - can themselves be incredibly disinformationalized.

There are quite a few number of videos that I could easily bring up on hand, from PVP'ers or other such players that can easily prove or disprove this type of dangerous thinking.
Besides, we as a player base can really only complain to Fdev about this, if we the players are innocent.
And, I'd be bereft to make mention of the fact that a vast majority of the large PVP and PVE communities are not.

ryan_m

Banned
All things considered, znort does have a point. If just Youtube where a way of proving, well anything - then, trying to leverage your arguments or any type of ban argumentation based on just some content creator's videos - can themselves be incredibly disinformationalized.

There are quite a few number of videos that I could easily bring up on hand, from PVP'ers or other such players that can easily prove or disprove this type of dangerous thinking.
Besides, we as a player base can really only complain to Fdev about this, if we the players are innocent.
And, I'd be bereft to make mention of the fact that the large PVP and PVE communities are not.

Youtube videos are representative of what happened from one perspective, not all perspectives. It's entirely possible that FDev's spaghetti netcode just genuinely resulted in no damage being calculated on one side. We've all seen ships vanish from instances with no wake marker, right?

That being said, if I pull a Conda and shoot it with 3 friends for 5 minutes, it's not unreasonable to expect it to lose shields. If it doesn't lose shields, that is suspicious enough to warrant a report to FDev to have them check it out. I assume that they have logs and other information not available to me that they can use to see whether it was legit or not. That's what I'm talking about.

perhaps solo mode should should be split into two modes, One which has no influence over the Backround sim and the other as normal.. then perma ban idiots to the former.

Banned form game forever, no second chances when FD knows a client-side cheat is used.
The pu ss yfooting around with warnings, and solo banning is idiotic. Hit the wallets.
To be clear, I'm not talking about people taking advantage of in game exploits. If FD knows about holes, but doesn't patch them, that's on FD.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom