Way to turn of ship mode warnings?

I sure wish there was a way to turn off the warnings I get when I have two weapons/utils mapped to the same fire group which operate in different modes. I like to limit the number of fire groups I have and it would be nice to overlap weapons and utils which operate in different modes without constantly getting warnings for doing it.

Who else would like that too?

For that matter, who else would like to see ship modes go away completely?

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Deleted member 182079

D
Yes please.

Also am not still not sure what the actual benefit of having separate modes is.

Although I like the blue theme of analysis mode, so there's that.

I don't mind the two modes, but I do mind the silly warning message.

Maybe instead of a large text message that often interrupts important messages, the 'device' with the problem should flash or shake slightly in the heads up display - so Beam Laser would flash colour to indicate you can't fire it in this mode. I understand why the warning is probably needed, but feel it really should be made less obtrusive.

Getting rid of the modes altogether would be great - it doesn’t really add anything other than frustration, in my experience.

A third fire button would be useful too, some ship configurations end up having far too many fire groups just because I am trying to separate analysis / combat functions or setting up combinations of functions that make sense.

Although I like the blue theme of analysis mode, so there's that.

I have modded files and teal is now my default HUD color. Analysis mode due to alteration turned orange tho...

For the modes and warnings, recently I got into new ship and whenever I tried honk I got the warning I'm in the wrong mode to do "it". Game wasn't kind enough to explain what "it" actually was. Then I checked fire groups and found that I had some weapons bound to grp 1, same as honk. I agree, annoying.

For me whole analysis mode should be turned into dedicated fire group (call it non combat). This way it would be easier to switch. Having separate mode for exploration looks like failed attempt to incorporate it just for the sake it being different from depolying weapons.

I'd like that. For lack of free buttons on my T.Flight 4, I mapped the then new FSS to the same button I already had FA-off assigned to, as the two can't ever overlap. Obvious downside is the warning popup everytime I switch FA modes.

Deleted member 182079

D
I have modded files and teal is now my default HUD color. Analysis mode due to alteration turned orange tho...

For the modes and warnings, recently I got into new ship and whenever I tried honk I got the warning I'm in the wrong mode to do "it". Game wasn't kind enough to explain what "it" actually was. Then I checked fire groups and found that I had some weapons bound to grp 1, same as honk. I agree, annoying.

For me whole analysis mode should be turned into dedicated fire group (call it non combat). This way it would be easier to switch. Having separate mode for exploration looks like failed attempt to incorporate it just for the sake it being different from depolying weapons.
Ever since 3.3 hit, I removed my modded HUD colour setting (blue) as the new way of representing certain things by colour caused some confusion on my part. Also depending on certain RGB combinations, the images glitch out completely or colours are messed up, so decided to go back to stock. Have to say, I don't even mind the orange as much as I did before.

I just sold all weapons.

Problem solved :p:whistle:
Nope, doesn't solve it. I don't have weapons on my AspX either, but I have the Composition Scanner overlaid with either FSS or DSS. It's basically one firegroup for analysis operations, but when using the CS to scan geo or bio targets, I always get the error message that the (other overlaid) module only works in supercruise :(

Last edited:
Getting rid of the modes altogether would be great - it doesn’t really add anything other than frustration, in my experience.

A third fire button would be useful too, some ship configurations end up having far too many fire groups just because I am trying to separate analysis / combat functions or setting up combinations of functions that make sense.

Yes to both. Mode is silly, the error message is even more silly, and a third trigger would be great.

Top Bottom